Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Olive Khovr

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
{ Mage Profile }
{ KEY INFORMATION }

Name: Olive Khovr
Named by her adoptive mother, Ashna.
A branch from the olive tree has been long-regarded as a symbol of peace.
Nickname/Alias:
Goat, Wildcard, Brighteyes,
Full Titles:
“Witch,” “Mage,” “Cursed,” “Mistwalker”

Race: Lighthoof Caparii

Social Status: Well-known mage and healer.
Profession: Formist, Healer
Sexuality: Bisexual.
Marital Status: Never have, never will.

Height: 5’7”
Weight: Around 155lbs.

Homeland: Northern Kingdoms.
Current Home: Drifting.
Date of Birth: -
Date of Death:

⇴ 3/8/2018 - Stabbed to death by Raven and Jerr’co.​

{ PHYSIOLOGY }

Build: Well-built as a result of rigorous physical exercise. Her upper arms, legs, and core are particularly well-toned. Basically a well-muscled brick house.
Hair: Olive’s hair is long, thick, and coiled; truly regarded as a mane. It is dark brown with hints of honey amber in the direct sunlight.
Eyes: Faded amber, a true sight to behold. Due to events of the Ashen Blight campaign, a ring of aquamarine luminescence glows in a faint ring around her iris’. It becomes more prominent in darker lighting.
Skin: Sunkissed tan, smooth. It is a bit on the dry side.
⇴ Vitiligo: Several patches of pale skin linger on her neck and chest, but they have mostly faded from her childhood.​

Identifying Marks: Olive herself is easily identifiable.

Appearance: Her magical and campaign-generated features are usually regarded as truly unique. She is extremely well-built and is hard to miss in a crowd.

Hygiene: Her hair is particularly well taken-care of. She bathes when necessary or when she has any free time for the luxury. She often smells of sandalwood.

Posture: Proud, upright when standing. She often lounges around with little care for her posture when relaxed.
Gait: Strong, long.
Habits and Mannerisms: Peculiar.
Dominant Hand: Entirely ambidextrous. Her arcane thread is bound to her right hand.

Scars/Tattoos:
⇴ A scar, running from the top of her back to the very base of her spine.​
⇴ Six scars from deep gauges left by a Makani's claws over each of her scapula.​
⇴ A scar on her left forearm, clean-cut.​
⇴ A tattoo on the back of her neck, about three inches in length. Almost always covered by her clothing and hair. Just at the top of her long back scar.​
⇴ Another scar on the outside of her left forearm, several inches long.​

Broken Bones:
⇴ Spine {Healed by Tzemik}​

Illnesses: Currently none.
Allergies: Annoying people. Charles Kane’s biceps.

Diet: Vegetarian.

{ QUALITIES AND FLAWS }

Intelligence: Educated outside of a tutelage setting.
Writing: Varies from day to day depending on her mood. Not particularly neat.
Known Languages:
⇴ Common (Fluent in reading, writing and speaking.)​
⇴ Fae (Fluent in reading, writing and speaking.)​
⇴ Elven (Fluent in reading, writing and speaking, taught by various people.)​
⇴ Mok'yra (Fluent in reading, writing and speaking, taught by parents.)​
⇴ Verba (Knows several words and phrases, broken, taught by Hazrin and Tzemik.)​
⇴ Rede (Well-versed in speaking, taught by Sophia.)​

Lures: Experience // Risky Behavior // Psychological Engagement // Light
Memory: Extremely good.
Fears: Heights // The Entity // Being Controlled // Loss
Addictions: : )

Strengths: Magically Inclined // Determined // Athletic // Knowledgeable
Weaknesses: Unstable // Emotional // Past Trauma // Obsession // Light

Played on the account Faodaile
Profile layout credit to Niah and Elz

Last edited:

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic

{ TRAINING & SKILLS }

⇴ Herbalism/Botany - 8/10​
⇴ Alchemy - 5/10​
⇴ Anatomy - 7/10​
⇴ Medical Knowledge - 8/10​
⇴ Combat - 5/10​
⇴ Magic - 7/10​
{ COMBAT }

Peaceful or Violent: Violent.
Ability: Reasonable due to musculature and arcane capabilities.
Strengths: Magic // Strength // Balance //
Weaknesses: Lack of Training //

Training:
⇴ Dagger: Has wielded one in combat countless times. Self-learned.​
⇴ Staff/Polearm: A mix of watching others and self-teaching. Has wielded one in combat countless times.​
Exercise: Daily.

Weaponry:
⇴ Simple Iron dagger. Always carried.​
⇴ Quarterstaff. It has a detachable spearhead. Carried on occasion.​
⇴ A war-staff. Carried on occasion.​
⇴ Steel Scimitar.​

{ ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS }

Personality: Mmmmm Olive.

Religious Values: Respects the Divine. Does not actively worship any.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.

{ Short Term Goals }
Experiment + Apprentice + Blight + Sanctum + Another + Learn + Connect​

{ Long Term Goals }
Renown + Hospital + Experiment + Master + Light​

{ POSSESSIONS }

Wardrobe: Various robes.

Prized Possessions:
» Anhalder war chess pieces.​
» A jester's token.​
Jewelry:
» A pair of Gryphon feather earrings, worn most of the time.​

Other:
» A gryphon's heart in a jar.​
» A single gryphon's talon.​
» A sketch of herself made by Fadast.​
» A small wooden figurine in a similar shape to herself, made by an unnamed man in the Kraken's Culling.​
» A grey painted badge with a carving of a teal/pale colored skeletal hand upon it. {Mist walker.}​
» A broken mask.​
» A broken Jester's head from a staff.​
Carried Inventory:
+ Coin purse.​
+ Satchel.​
- Parchment.
- A leatherbound notebook.
- Charcoal.
-Ink.
-Five vials.
-Potion of healing.
-Portion of harming.
-Potion of night vision.
+ Dagger / another weapon of choice.​
+ A grey painted badge with a carving of a teal/pale colored skeletal hand upon it. {Mist walker.}​

Last edited:

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic

⤛ RELATIONS
a note: Olive is purposefully an extremely complex character and therefore no person fits directly into any 'category' as far as her interpretation and feelings regarding them go. Her story is running on more than 3 years of dialogue currently and so her opinions of people are very disorientating for her. And me.

L O V E

This is a quiet and dark place in her mind that she reserves for nothing nor nobody in particular. It brings her no degree of sadness, as she knows that she cannot be hurt beyond what she has already endured. To her, people are equally un-quantifiable in their feeling as they are reckless in their emotion for one another. She has loved and she has not forgotten how undeniably much she has hated every one of them an equal amount in some eventual frame of time. She will never forget the near-tangible feeling that was her love for them, and so she will never purposely fill the abyss in her that grew with every lie they told.

T R U S T

It may be said that she does not trust any other person, plant, or material known to exist though it is not due to a lack of inclination toward such a feeling. She first placed her faith in her family, and then her God, her mentor, her magic, and herself. She does not dwell on the failures of said system with which there were countless. Instead she dwells on the unreliability of man, of divine, of elder, of arcane, and of self. Man and elder alike will never act in such a way that one would wholly expect- no dog, warrior or governor will truly follow its master or its people to its death for every living thing has some conscious thought of self preservation. The campaigns of which have trialed her world follow no distinct and wholly understandable pattern; spells fail, Gods fall, and mistakes are to be had and endured.

» Light {x}-- Olive finds herself at peace in his presence and without it. She cares for him deeply and believing him to be dead for a decade had nearly been the end of her. She knows his soul to be transient, now, and his ambition to be wavering. Olive does not feel sadness nor abandonment when he leaves without word, no matter how long he is gone. She knows that he is with her in everything that is around her, in the trees, in the wind, and in spirit. She feels whole.​

A M I A B I L I T Y
A sense akin to touch, taste, and sight. It is not something to be walked upon heavily, nor dragged in any severe sense. It is perhaps a rare occurrence that she displays some form of friendliness, and even less so that she truly means it. She chooses not to dwell long on the sense of creating a comfortable environment for those that she speaks with although understands its value for many.
» Nikolche --​
» Kopii --​

V E R S A T I L I T Y
She knows who is more valuable to her in certain aspects but leans against none of them. Reliability is not a thing to be assumed nor expected. She has learned this from practice, consequence, and rational thought alike. If she do not do useful things whenever it is possible or necessary to do them, she shall soon be totally departed from the scene.
» Elizabeth --​
» Nwalme --​

N E U T R A L I T Y
Perhaps the most reliable aspect of one's emotional outreach. She practices neutrality with most of those that she interacts with. Her perceptions of those unmet remain unbiased until she may make her own decision on how to conduct herself. She is also aware that if she is neutral in situations of injustice, she has chosen the side of the oppressor.

F E A R
Familiar. Suffocating in its existence. She is aware of her inability to shake it. It is with her always in amounts minuscule or otherwise. If she digs hard enough, she can find it; hovering just over her, quaking. Feeling it reminds her of her pitiful existence as a paralyzed child, of free falling, of death, of the hollow emptiness in which she was kept for so long by the Lord of Carrion. It reminds her of pain.

P A I N
It is reasonable to atone to the fact that her sense of pain both physically and emotionally are extremely dulled- but never unfelt. Strangely, pain is a thing that the mind blocks out- one can never remember the pain that they were in when they broke their leg or cut their arm. The memory which was instilled in her during her dream-like state before the Lord of Carrion has and will never subside. Every night as she lays in her cot, face toward the ceiling, she begins to hear them. Quiet at first. They scream. Their pain is suffocating as their bodies decay and they watch those that they love die over and over again. And she feels it, as if she is feeling what they feel. Killing them. Being killed herself. Only she doesn't let it bother her so much anymore.

H A T R E D
She despises the notion that people must act with intent to harm, or to kill, or to inflict pain on any other. But then, if they have a good enough reason...

Last edited:

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
+She has now learned, roughly, what death is, and what happens after death.
Also how to count. One, two, four, six, she thinks. @Ced
+She is now wary of water/swimming. @Padragin

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Cleaned out relations. If we don't RP in a while, I delete that little bit from her relations, because I don't want it to get crowded- she is just a small child, after all, and if she doesn't see you for a while she'll likley forget about your character.

Nevin

I think I might like it here
I saw you when I was wandering around, I was taken by surprise to see The Child walk into the inn

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
:)

For my later reflection, but anyone can dip into this;

I have tried to make this character different from what you'd normally see in Altera, on a day-by-day basis. Many people end up making the generic human/elf character- not to say that others venture into other less-common races, and I too usually stick to common grounds that are easy to understand and cover.
I had never played a Caparii before, and while starting with nothing, as just a child, only knowing Fae, with nothing but the title 'The Child' to her. And I have to say, it has been one of the best and most immersive roleplaying experiences I have ever had.
Now, this isn't to say that playing humans, elves, or other more common races can't be immersive. For me, doing something that I've not done before and isn't as common has been a great experience. Of course, I'm not a 5 year old Caparii living in a hay pile in the Northern Kingdoms, but it has been interesting developing a character that does. Another thing that is nice in playing a child is that she gets to experience the world of Altera, and not already know everything about it.
I also feel as though it is easier for me to roleplay a five year old child, because I was a five year old once- once, eleven years ago. If I was to play, say, a thirty-year-old, it would be a bit harder, because I haven't seen the world as they would have, if that makes any sense.
Having a character that experiences a language barrier with 95% of Altera also makes things immensely interesting. She has to communicate through movements and general expression of her body- which, because she is so young, sometimes she just doesn't do. As of now, The Child's only semi-long-standing relations to anyone in Altera are Ced and Ashna- two people that she doesn't see very often. Which has been amazing in developing her, as well, in some strange way. Her being alone gives time for her to reflect- which leads me to another point.
Don't be scared of RPing alone. I've had some of my best roleplaying moments when nobody is around, emoting to nothing. If nobody is around, it's just more time that could be spent developing your character.

I think I am done spewing my thoughts, for now. Yep.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
+ Has made 14 straw dolls.

1 for herself- smaller than most, with little twigs sticking out of the head like little horns, much akin to those that she spots herself.
9 for the lonely graves in the cathedral.
2 simple larger ones, for Erikor and Aryus, no emblishments.
1 for Ashna- sporting a scrap of leather as a cloak, and little pieces of twine tucked into it's head, and half-braided.
1 for Ced- sporting a little cloth poncho.

If anyone is wondering, they where all delivered directly to the people mentioned except the nine simple ones that where set onto 9 of the graves in the graveyard, on the graves of:
- Lord Polo Hawklight of Marograd
- Selene Hawklight, Third Oracle of The Gods
- Wyvern, Marshall of the Inquisition
- Mighty K'thun, the Finest of His Time
- Peter Wise of Salts Ridge
and
- 'My Beloved Sarah'
- James Van Hyde
- Reginald Van
- Tiber Van Hyde

MORE TO COME

also,

+ Met a Nakat. Convinced that it is a large cat-like-demon that stands on two legs and tried to eat her.

UPDATESSSS~

Last edited:

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Holy moly, DEVELOPMENTS.

In short-
+Terrified of the Nakam.
+Witnessed magic at it's 'finest.' @Michcat
+Witnessed a man get his chest tore open, will save the gory details.
+Her special dollfriend was reduced to a pile of gloop on the trek home from the rain. She had to bury it.

Aaaand, lastly,

She is alone once more.