Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The return of Hogo [Accepted - Jinny]

HogoShi_Kitsune

Lord of Altera
Legend
HogoShi_Kitsune
HogoShi_Kitsune
Legend
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Primary: HogoShi_Kitsune
Alts: Foxtrek_64, SudoFloof

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United STates

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: Allowing information known to the player but not the character to influence the character's actions or choices, knowingly or otherwise.
Powergaming: A style of gameplay which prioritizes success over storytelling, realism, and common sense. Commonly used to ensure a character is unstoppable due to weapons, armor, or "innate ability", though it can also be used to hinder the progress of others, such as building unbreakable walls or doors.

Bonus: Godmodding: A subset of powergaming which relies on a character ignoring or otherwise remaining unaffected by their limitations. This is typically seen as super strength, lack of exhaustion, or pushing through injury.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
I feel this is kind of a loaded question based on how it's asked. Felt that way the first time I'd applied as well-

The answer is no, but the question could be extended to most anything that gives a player an unfair advantage. Unfair advantages for characters is one thing, but as players we should all have equal footing.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
So many mentors have come and gone. I hardly know any of them anymore. Definitely familiar with Ayda, Squid, and Niko though.

8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Devin. I've been a member of the Hollowworld Community since December 2013 when I joined as my halfling character Elfa Hansdotter. In my freetime, I manage minecraft and Discord servers, develop software applications (including Discord bots), DJ, and troop with the 501st Legion. I am a member of the Imperial Officers Corps, 70th Explorers Garrison, Firehawk Squadron under TKID 11464 holding the rank of Commander.

My current costumes are as follows:
Imperial Officer (black)
Republic Commando Communications Grunt (WIP)
Imperial Storm Trooper (WIP)

Wearing these costumes, I travel across the country to various conventions. My current lineup for 2019 is still rough, but we do have Naka-Kon, Pine Fur Con, Anthrocon, and Alamo City Furry Invasion (ACFI) planned. I tend to travel with my girlfriend to these conventions.

Professionally, I work for the global health company Abbott as a software developer. I specialize in the Microsoft .NET Framework and develop console, desktop, and web-based applications.

Additionally, I am the owner of a small business, LuzFaltex. We are a LLC registered in Kansas and we specialize in community management and roleplay with a focus of application development related to those endeavors. I am the only employee so far, but we're run on a volunteer basis.

Current projects for LuzFaltex include a game platform designed from the ground up for Roleplay, an online chat website designed for Roleplay, and our own Roleplay server.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

You'd think me outgunned, but you underestimate the power of the Dark Side.

Myself at PFC writing Imperial Citations

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
You're going to have to dig up my original application for this one. I honestly don't remember.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Elfa is one of the last remaining Housekeepers of Vermella and is very orthodox in her methodologies. She came from the old world where she made the city of Falandraal, a home in the Eastern Jungles. Falandraal was a hidden city designed to ensure the safety of its inhabitants and was formed as a response to the Lavoyard War. After meeting with a Caparii named Salheira, she dedicated her life to serving her new goddess, Vermella, as her Housekeeper.

She's spent many years raising a family, serving her goddess, and keeping up with her father's tradition of tinkery. She is quite skilled with her hands and even made her own pair of goggles with as a young woman. These were later stolen from her and ended up in the possession of the son of Kam Hakiaz. She has yet to see them returned, and as such, has crafted a new pair for herself.

In modern times, she plans to continue to praise Vermella and her parents, Shalherana and Skiera, building a temple to all three known as New Falandraal. Within, a museum holds artifacts from her history in the old world and even artifacts from Vermella herself.

Character Name:
Elfa Hansdotter

Character Age:
She has to be in her fourties by now....

Character Race:
Halfling

Appearance:
Elfa, female, stands 3'4" and weighs approximately 100 pounds. She carries a medium build, a teardrop-shaped face, and deep blue eyes. She wears a trusty pair of goggles on her forehead, though these move to her eyes when she's working. Her pale skin is begining to show her age, being in her mid fourties, though the scars and callouses that cover her hands from years of working with them still remain. She has a small nose, a pointed chin, and shoulder-lenght auburn hair. On her shoulders, she wears the Vermellan shawl given to her by Salheira during their stay in the original Falandraal.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Elfa in New Falandraal, currently under Construction

Written Test!
Elfa, clad in her typical outfit, stands before her father's old home in the old Sorrows. This would be the last time she would see this place. The last ship leaves soon, and once it's gone, we would be leaving this land for good. But she had to see him one last time. Knocking, she steps into the home.

"Father?" She calls out, the door creaking as it opens. Gentle light from the window falls into the single-room log cabin, illuminating the table where she had her first drink, showed her father her first invention, and shared a lot of time with him. A soft, tired voice emanates from the corner.

"E-Elfa? Is that you?" The old man sits in his rocker, his skin saggy and his fingers hardened by arthrytis.

She shuts the door behind her, lighting a lantern on the table next to his chair. "Yes, Father, it is I. I've come to see you." She leans in to give him a hug. She holds him gently, his own arms wrapping around her back. A tear falls from her face, landing on his neck. She knew that no matter what happened, this would be the last time she would see him. He's too old to travel and no ships will be leaving after this.

"Don't cry for me, my little elf. Where's that chipper young girl I raised, mmm?" She pulls away, leaving a kiss on his forehead.

"She's still here, father." Wiping her tears, she moves away to stoke the furnace. "I thought you'd want to know... you're a grandfather now. You have a son named Dylan. And he has a wonderful wife of his own. I wish you could've met him, but he had to stay behind to manage my city. I protect the innocent now."

The mans face shifts, adopting a smile. "I'm so proud of you, my little elf. Do the good for the world that I could not. Your mother would've been proud."

"You think so?" Standing, she moves to the pantry, digging through the food to see if there was anything edible, and begins mixing it into a soup for them to eat. The old man grunts, nodding his head a bit.

"I'm sure of it."

"Thank you, Father. Oh, but what about you? Have you been faring well up here alone?"

"Yes, yes... the house looks overgrown and abandoned so what's left of the highwaymen leave it be, thinking it must already be pillaged. And there's a nice young girl from the town nearby who feeds me. She looked to be quite the fighter in her day, but she decided not to join the exodus. She says, 'this is my home and I'm not giving it up. Undead be damned.'"

Elfa stirs the pot as she listens, turning to move towards the table. Gashes in the table still exist from when she made her first dagger and decided to practice with it against the table. Her father was so upset with her... he'd made it with his late wife. "That's nice of her. What's her name?"

"Mmm? Name? Oh, Mirabelle. She works as a guard. Guess there aren't that many undead around here if she's able to slink off to see me. Not a lot of food, must be." He rocks a bit in his chair, moving more than he probably has all day.

---

That night, Elfa helps her father into bed, changing him into his bedclothes and covering him up. She keeps the fire going to battle the cool night, and climbs into bed with him. They used to sleep together when she was growing up, and she missed his strong embrace. She'd not get that now, but in her mind, it was her turn to return the favor.

She remained there for the night, having sung him to sleep with the old melody he used to sing to her, and did her best to push him out of her heart. She wanted to forget him so whe could move on, but her heart wouldn't let her, so she resolved to stay with him until the very last moment.

And that last moment did indeed come. That night, he breathed his final breath, inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly, after which his chest fell still and his heart came to rest. Her tears stained his shirt as she remembered the times they used to spend together when she was a child, her sobs echoing through the room. He was her best friend, even after all these years. And now, he was in the hands of the Grey Lady.

Through her tears, she says a small prayer to the Grey Lady, asking for his protection before he is judged, and then lays her head back on his chest.

That morning, a fresh grave was dug outside of his house, her father laid to rest next to his small garden where he used to sit to watch the sunsets.

"Farewell, father. Wait for me."

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows. In this new land, it even seems as if demons and the explainable come out to play.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

---------------------

As a side note, you'll need to speak to Solus about getting your alt accounts whitelisted before the month wait time.

HogoShi_Kitsune

Lord of Altera
Legend
HogoShi_Kitsune
HogoShi_Kitsune
Legend
My alt accounts were never removed from the whitelist so you shouldn't need to do anything there.