Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Silvercloaks - Guardians of Port Silver

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
The Silvercloaks

Valiant Protectors
Written by Rextoret

A beggar sat solemnly at the corner of the Merry Mead, staring down into his empty cup. His eyes darted up when he heard the clanking of boots upon the cobblestones of the street. A group of Silvercloaks were slowly passing by on the street, a criminal being pushed along in front of them. The beggar’s tired eyes watched as they passed by, his attention caught by the vibrant colours of their armour. One of the Silvercloaks turned to face the beggar as they passed, and flicked a radiant into the beggar’s cup. The sound of the coin bouncing inside was accompanied by the beggar’s subtle grin spreading across his face. "Thank you, sir!"

The Silvercloak simply nodded and turned back to face forward, stepping back into formation. The group continued down the road, turning at the intersection in front of the Merry Mead. A scholar stood with his back propped against a wall, his eyes engrossed in a book. They momentarily flicked upward, observing the entourage of Silvercloaks. A small smile popped onto the scholar’s face.

A Knight stood on the corner opposite the scholar, his right hand resting on the hilt of his great sword. He politely bowed his head as the Silvercloaks passed, a small sign of his gratitude. The boots of the Silvercloaks continued to pound upon the cobblestones, accompanied by a silent nod. The Knight resumed his position as they passed, his eyes watching them continue along their way.

A mother and her young daughter stood off to the side as the Silvercloaks pounded their way towards the jail, admiring their armour and regal bearing. The mother held a the child’s hand, a large smile spread across her face as they passed. The mother spoke out to Silvercloaks, her joy-filled voice easily heard. "Thank you!" This generated a few smiles from the Silvercloaks. As they progressed down the road, the child’s eyes followed them. Everyone knew what they were, even the child did.

The ever valiant Silvercloaks.

=====================================================================

Recruitment

If you wish to become a Silvercloak, then you will need to message me and Bean/Benijum in a PM on the forums.
We will ask you some questions, then you will need to arrange a meeting with me or Beni IG.

If you intend to join the Silvercloaks you will have to make sure these are correct for your case.
- Your character must not be associated with Grief in any way.
- Your character must not have any conflicts with the Queen or her council.
- Your character must be able to take and obey commands.
- You as a player needs to have sufficient rp knowledge about how to fight/act in a roleplaying situation. If not, we have members who can train your characters.
- If your character does not fit these descriptions, you can join the City Watch where you will be trained up and you can return as an official law keeper of Port Silver to the Silvercloaks.

Duties of the Silvercloaks

The Silvercloaks' main duty is to keep Port Silver safe. Which is why they are named "Silver-Cloaks" really. Silvercloaks will end unecessary violence that threatens the Queens peace, and will interfere in any behaviour degrading the Queen and her rule. On formal occasions/big events the Silvercloaks might be given special tasks like for an example standing guard in front of big crowds, or guarding entrances. Guarding the palace, the Queen and her council is the royal guards' job. You will have to obey your superiors within the guard at all times, and disobeying/ respect less behavior will have consequences. This goes for treating civilians inappropriately as well as handling criminals poorly. All these "Consequences" Will naturally befall your character, you as a person wont get any of the hate. I know myself after being a guard for a while just how difficult it can be to arrive in the middle of an RP, not knowing what is happening. But I strongly recommend that you are at least 95% sure what is actually happening before you take action. Another option can naturaly be to just end the conflict without taking a side. Remember, its what happens within Port silver that matters to the Silvercloaks. If two people wants to kill each other outside of the city, sure let them do it.

To end it off I'd like to encourage as many as possible to apply for Silvercloak/City Watch. We need many vigilant guards to guard the city, and if you work hard it will be noted and rewarded. Help us keep the streets of Port Silver safe!

"We shall defend our city, whatever the cost may be,
We shall fight them in the dockyards,
We shall fight them in the Palace Courtyards,
We shall fight them in the fields and on the streets,
We shall fight them in the Peaks of Wintermourne Eyrie;
We shall never surrender!"
-
Glynn Festus, Third High Commander of the Silvercloaks​

-"We are the shield that guards the Queen's peace. We are Silvercloaks!"

-- Glynn Festus, High Commander of the Silvercloaks

Last edited:

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
Ranks of the Silvercloaks

High Commander:
-Leader of the SilverCloaks
-Responsible to organize the SilverCloaks
-Maintains the Queen's peace

Marshal:
-Second in command to the Commander
-Organized the recruitment and is essentially the commander's Right Hand.

Officer:
-Can command subordinates
-Responsible of over viewing any choices taken by lower units.
-Monitors and reports to the Marshal and Commander, responsible to see how lower ranks are doing.

Silver Strider:
-An elite Silvercloak

Guard:
-General ranking Silvercloak
-Keeps the Queen's Peace
-Responsible of watching Conscripts.

Conscript/Recruit:
-The Rank given to new members of the Silvercloaks
-Must prove to the Marshal or Commander if they are worthy to continue to Guard.

Last edited:

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
Criminal Logs:

These will be updated regularly with current wanted criminals and their punishments.
Metagaming will be dealt with harshly by the staff team.

gamemonster55

Lord of Altera
If you wish to become a Silvercloak, then you will need to message me and Man5791 in a PM on the forums.
We will ask you some questions, then you will need to arrange a meeting with me or Man IG, however Man is more active IG than me.Will be updated.If you intend to join the Silvercloaks you will have to make sure these are correct for your case. - Your character must not have any conflicts with the Queen or her council.
I would like to join.

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Is Conscript really he proper term?
A conscript is a soldier forced into service, against his own free will.