Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished The Third Reform

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
And you realise that it's different, hence the name of the thread. It won't be working the same as it did... (we're also discussing a name change, but we're getting nowhere :I)

PROOF THAT PLACES WERE GOTTEN.

These places were mainly the chandelier, but it's still a place.

-K9

Schirf

Settling in Altera
Bah! Yer doin’ it wrong again! So there I was, me third pint of the night in ma hand and some lunatic walks inta tha pub and says there be priestly peoples sayin’ we is gonna worship the bad with the good ta makes sure there is balance… to make tha bad gods happy so they don’t kill us all. Well I ‘ave one thing… uh… a few things... no, I have a lot of things to say to that.

I AIN’T WORSHIPIN NO EVIL GOD!

Oh, that didn’t get it out enough fer me to be calm This’un is a bit more complicated, but ya best be listenin’ to it.

IF YOU PUT A SHIRE, AN IDOL, A SYMBOL, OR A SERMON TO AN EVIL GOD IN A TEMPLE I WALKS IN I’LL TAKE YER HEAD.

Was that clear enough for ya? If ya wants to “placate” evil gods go in some dark forest or deep ocean and do whatever ya thinks needs ta be done, provided that don’t involve hurtin’ good people. If yer dark god wants ya to say dark prayers… I don’t want to ‘ear’em.

And just in case you thinks I’m sayin’ this to one person, let me be clearer. If you thinks you is a leader of something;… anythin’… be it a church, or a town, or a kingdom, or the lowly captain of a two man fishin’ boat.. if’n ya bows to a dark god in front of me I’m takin’ it as yer way o’ sayin’ “’ear’s me head… does ya have a long pointy stick ready to puts it on?”

And you been given fair warnin’. This crap is stopin’ now. I’ve got a maul and axe ready.
And if’n any o’ you lot who been sayin’ tha same thing wants ta know if’n I’m serious… I’m doin’ this WITHOUT demandin’ ya pays me fer my time in beer. This ‘ere is a community service, see’n as me own Dwarf King ‘as been silent on this matter fer far too long.

Schirf

Settling in Altera
<hick> <burp> Ahhhh Crap! ‘ere we go again! Listen… I’m sayin’ it as clear as I can be… If yer sayin’ all the gods are the same, ya don’t knows’em as well as ya thinks ya do. Dwarves ‘ave been sayin’ prayers ta good gods longer then yer skinny arses ‘ave been bowin’ ta yers.

But, since I ain’t too drunk at this very moment ta has a good argument on the finer points of divinity…
You says “The evil gods are not evil.” That be about as twisted as a beast with a cat head on one end and a dog head on the other. As soon as ya says “the evil gods” ya knows exactly who I is talkin’ about.

Let’s say, and heavens above, I’m just makin’ a hypothetical statement ‘ere and don’t believe it one bit… Let’s say I got the image of them gods wrong and they’re treatin’ us as we deserve… spankin’ us fer doin’ wrong like ya would a naughty brat. Now I ain’t sayin’ it, but it sounds like you are… that the gods I call evil ain’t tellin’ us what we been doin’ wrong, and they’re good but they beat us like rented mules ‘cause we deserves it. Well, that’s the thing… there comes a time when that brat is old enough ta be treated different. And the failin’ of doin’ the wrong thing ain’t the fault of the people if’n their leaders who is supposed to be talkin’ ta tha gods are not speakin’ in a language that the gods respect enough to speak back to’m without turnin’ good meat into bad.

See, the more you says that the evil ones are not evil, and merely misunderstood, the more yer basically sayin’ is “I don’t know how to do my job.” So, which is it? Are they evil or are the so called priests just a bunch of incompetent translators?

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Actually the Dwarves were mainly supposed to worship Korog, who for your information is a neutral god. Trying to say Dwarves worshipped the good gods forever is completely wrong.

Schirf

Settling in Altera
Maybe yer words is the problem. Every once in a while I ‘ear ya says somethin’ that don’t make sense… and I can’t tell if’n yer mumblin’ ta yerself or sayin’ prayers.

[Ain adopts a mocking high pitched voice]
Yer own gods isn’t good
[resumes normal tone, laughing]

Bah, ya knows nothin’ about the goodness of dwarf gods. Ya wants ta say ya does, but you don’t. A fawn suckled at the breast of a bear may never learn to rut. Perhaps it is the text ya been followin’ that is ta blame. Where ya been learnin’ from, anyway?

See, I already knows the answer. Ya been learnin' from text corrupted by those same gods I calls evil and you calls misunderstood.

psykat

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hey is there any specific group in charge of those who worship the goddess beyond names?