Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Voting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
I vote to annex all of the trees to the Soresta Shalherana
Eh?

No because they arent expansive enough nor do they contain the obligatory thieves guild base.
Perhaps I can arrange some underground plots to be purchased so such a thing could be built :3

I agree with this.

Also, are we doing away with players being able to buy plots in the city for their own purposes? Under the last set of rules given, if someone wanted a library for instance, they only needed to buy the plots and have the build team plop one down for them. I liked the idea of players shaping and owning parts of new spawn. I'm less enthused about it all being staff controlled and popular voted, if that's what's going on.
Quite the opposite actually! Since being given the spawn duty I incorporated my own original desire to have spawn completely player created. That's why this voting page was created to discover in what order and ways the players want spawn to be built. After every vote the players will then compete in a building competition that will then be voted on by the players. The only thing I will control is trying to keep spawn looking cohesive and not scattered, by placing plots for sale in places that make sense. But like one player wanted to expand the sewers and add a thieves guild, so I will incorporate those custom requests as they come in. The goal is to undo the original idea and make spawn a place created by the players for the players.

Also this thread is completely for the voting and implementation of public service buildings. Player houses, shops and plots will be revamped in a separate thread. This thread will allow players to purchase plots in order to build their own houses, shops and random additions to spawn. There will also be an option for a premade house to be purchased and placed if they don't want to build their own. I hope once both threads are organized and completed you will see that our intention is to give more options to the players while doing our part as staff to see it come together cohesively.

(This isn't the place for this, but I'm not sure what other thread there is for it.)

But can I vote that players not be allowed to add basements to their homes, despite current rules? That was one thing I hated about Tambry, because it went unchecked and players were tunneling all underneath that city like it was a Sorrows map, and players would go out of the bounds of reason. I found several places underground where players had tunneled into my areas and sloppily blocked their entrance hole back up.
How about we can limit the size of a basement, NO TUNNELING, and approve them as they come in? If someone is caught tunneling, then their basement privileges.

Solution - Encapsulate the builds in creative, their basements, with a layer of bedrock. Allows people to change the kind of block used for basement walls, but makes it quite impossible to extend the prebuilt dimensions further.

Requires no monitoring of hawkeye or extra effort outside a very quick extra bit of effort from build team.

This was part of how I'd have done it back when I offered to do it circa 1 year ago.

Note that, if you are going to otherwise give people build permissions to spawn if they are living in it, then all will eventually become chaos anyways, and it will need active management on a daily, nearly constant basis.
Yeah that could definitely work. Hopefully with the players taking over the creation of buildings, their own houses/shops, it will free up the spawn team for moderating. Anyone caught building outside of their plot, griefing, or making modifications not approved by myself or voted on by the players will lose their spawn privileges . All these rules will be outlined as soon as I can make the new new spawn thread >.<

will be revoked.

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
Also, guys please keep this thread to mainly vote responses. I can make a discussion thread for spawn things since you guys will be voting on its development. And I'm happy to answer questions regarding votes! Just to keep it simpler for me please? Counting all these votes is difficult >.< I will also be making a new new spawn thread that we can discuss things in :)

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I still vote replace walls with Penguin Shrines around a giant penguin cathedral.

PitaChipBoi

Lord of Altera
Nut_Jooce
Nut_Jooce
1. We need a large greek-style theatre.
upload_2016-12-14_20-57-33.jpeg
I'd totally be down to have plays, discussions, political conferences, etc.

2. A large dining/party hall/ball room thing
^ Some sort of palace where royalty can have their parties and the like

3. "spawn" should be peaceful and neutral for a reason. In addition or maybe attatched to that palace/ball room/ dining hall thing there should be a very luxorious meeting room with a giant wooden table where great nations sign treaties, agreements, etc. Maybe also a sort of arena where conflicts are resolved in the forms of duels. I don't really know how to put this into words so community; help me out if you like the idea.

4. A memorial area, perhaps some statues built around the great theatres (if this happens one better be for Norman the Doorman, that glorious bastard). Maybe a memorial for the old world and any heroes/kings/significant people of this new world. This would likely have an accompying museum/library. Just something to symbolize the old world.

NOTICE: I haven't read all the comments, sorry if I stole someone's ideas. The ideas are put in order of my personal preference (1 being OH PLEASE PUT THIS IN and 4 being this would be pretty lit, fam).
i probably did this thread wrong its late im tired please forgive much love buh bye

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Bob_the_BuilderPet

As great of an idea that is- everyone only gets 1 vote, and there are bigger priorities than this (atleast I'd think). I do hope this gets put in, but i doubt people will vote for it due to the limited number of votes.

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
1. We need a large greek-style theatre.
View attachment 80247
I'd totally be down to have plays, discussions, political conferences, etc.

2. A large dining/party hall/ball room thing
^ Some sort of palace where royalty can have their parties and the like

3. "spawn" should be peaceful and neutral for a reason. In addition or maybe attatched to that palace/ball room/ dining hall thing there should be a very luxorious meeting room with a giant wooden table where great nations sign treaties, agreements, etc. Maybe also a sort of arena where conflicts are resolved in the forms of duels. I don't really know how to put this into words so community; help me out if you like the idea.

4. A memorial area, perhaps some statues built around the great theatres (if this happens one better be for Norman the Doorman, that glorious bastard). Maybe a memorial for the old world and any heroes/kings/significant people of this new world. This would likely have an accompying museum/library. Just something to symbolize the old world.

NOTICE: I haven't read all the comments, sorry if I stole someone's ideas. The ideas are put in order of my personal preference (1 being OH PLEASE PUT THIS IN and 4 being this would be pretty lit, fam).
i probably did this thread wrong its late im tired please forgive much love buh bye

XD Ok adding your vote for large greek style theatre! There will be more votes for buildings like this as spawn continues to develop, so don't despair if this vote doesn't get implemented this time around :)

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
Alright, voting for this topic is now closed. Please check out the second post of this thread to see the winner and information on the upcoming building contest!! Thank you for your participation guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.