Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active The Wanderer

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
1646977556229.png
General Information:
Name:

Somnastra [last name redacted]​
Other Names:
+ Som​
+ Red​
+ Lark​
Titles:
Ranger​
Sentinel​
[Redacted]​
Much older than she looks. She appears to be mid to late twenties.​
Race:
Forest Elf​
Sexuality:
????​
Current Residence:
Nothing permanent​
Relationship Status:
Suddenly very simple​
Social Status:
Vagrant..?​

Physical Appearance:
Height:
5'11"​
Eye Color:
Grey, with an almost indescernible ring of silver around her pupil. The ring glows when her emotions rise.​
Skin Color:
Tanned​
Build:
Lithe but muscular.​
Hair Color:
A striking red​
Hair Style:
A pair of braids run back along her scalp from her temple, with the rest of her hair teased into a fierce crest. A few other small braids hang down with her loose hair. (Think a combination of Aloy from HZD and Battle!Lagertha). She wears​
1528086832667.png
1528087670628.png
Complexion:
Tanned​
Posture:
Typically straight and tall; confident, but with a knack for blending in despite her hair and height.​
Scars:
+ A wicked scar can be seen under one of the braids on the side of her head​
+ A puckered scar from the teeth of some wild animal is on her right forearm​
Voice:
[idfk]​

Personality:
+ Tea​
+ Trees​
Dislikes:
+ Bugs​
Strengths:
+ She is canny and sneaky, with a steady arm and a keen eye.​
+ She is smarter than she appears​
Weaknesses:
+ She remembers nothing of her past, and is easily distracted.​
+ She is curious and sometimes lets that override her better judgement​
Fears:
+ It's hard to articulate, but loss plagues her dreams​
+ Bugs in her mouth, nose, ears.​
Values:
Wisdom, balance​
Education:
None she can remember​
Languages:
+ Common​
+ Elven​
+ Very basic Rede​
General Attitude:
Mischievous​
Religious Inclination:
+ Theodra, her only through-line. Her religious associations seem to be the only thing she can remember with clarity.​
+ An affinity for Skeira, but it feels... like a book that was shut long ago and left to molder. And she can't figure out why it's Skeira specifically, and not Valiant or more of his War Council.​
General Intelligence:
Clever​
General Sociability:
Affable and curious​
Alignment:
Neutral/Neutral Good​
Short Term Goals:
+ Learn more about the ... trees. Jase
+ Scour the land rooting out the sources of the undead invaders.​
+ Learn more about the feathers.​
Long Term Goals:
+ Find out who the man in her dreams is, and what happened to him. And the boy.​

Possessions:
General Wealth:

Ascetic...?​
Wardrobe:
+ Simple tunic and some nice leather pants​
+ Dazzlingly clean, green scarf made from mother's embrace.​
+ A suit of archblossom mail​
+ Worn belt holding various pouches​
+ Leather cinch jerkin​
+ An oiled, woolen hood [X]​
+ Carries furs appropriate for colder climes, though is not always wearing them.​
Jewelry:
+ The closes thing to jewelry she wears is a blooded silver feather hanging from her hair.​
Inventory:
+ The arrow 'Once'
+ Aurora, a bow of staggering quality, turned of Archblossom wood.​
+ Other, more normal arrows of incredible quality​
+ A bow smooth with use and age​
+ A diamond necklace of unknown origin​
+ A grey longbow with a red ribbon wrapped around the grip. [Mistbow, a gift from Frost]​
+ A seax with the word "Ready" engraved near the base of the blade Given to Cieren.​
+ A long seax that she keeps sheathed in the small of her back. [Traveler's Seax, commissioned from Bennett]​
+ A long dagger with silver filigree along the blade. [Stalker's Blade, given by Aryn on the occassion of her joining the ranks of those Blessed by Theodra]​
+ Various hunting knives​
+ Other things I'm too lazy to list​

Name: Once
Physical Description: An arrow with green and white feathers. The wood it's made of is silvery and strange, but otherwise unremarkable.
Ability: Given by Theodra years past. If shot, it will find its mark. One use only.
Attuned to: Somnastra

http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/artifacts-of-altera.41333/

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
RELATIONS:

I'm very lazy and will fill them out when I damn well feel like it leave me alone.

Pack

+ Kharn: I did not think anything could still the raging silence where my memories once were. You quiet my dreams and soothe my feet. Warwolf
+ Ashna: I forgot your very important-sounding last name almost as soon as my feet hit the Ashlands. But I remember you, now, and I'm glad that we are friends. Solus

+ Marian: Huh. It's weird to be known by people you don't remember, but this is a whole different level. You seem a worthy hunter, though. mageaegis

+ Cieren: I am glad to see you begin to spread your wings, chickadee. And while I realize that you would chafe if you were under my full tutelage, I can't help but feel wistful at the thought of students I know I've forgotten. Veradite

+ Lysander: I am growing accustomed to your company, though mine is probably poor after having been wandering the wilds alone for so long. You say some odd things, sometimes, but sometimes your quietude makes you seem older than I am, even though I know it's the other way around by a lot. TheDeester

+ Jaden Returned her name. She knows she recruited him to the Rangers, and that he has recruited several in turn. She does not yet realize that she was once a Sentinel, and that Jaden fills that role now. She doesn't even know what a Sentinel is. CloakedReaper
Harlow
Halvar​
Jacob​
Yrdl​

Liked

Aryn
Aelyth

Complicated

Melarue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remembered:

Abel: Brother.

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Updated with random things, but also some of her current attitudes towards the people she's met. I conflated neutral/unsure of, because unsure can go either way. :p

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Those awful few weeks
(Som's side of the story)

Som really doesn't know what to do with herself, now. Nothing has seemed to go right lately. What should have been a quick trip to Port Silver from Eresse to tack a notice on the message board as Raindes requested... went awry. There was an unreasonably large group traveling to accomplish this, and none but Som were properly equipped, either physically or mentally, for even that short of a trip. The alchemist had a fit of some sort almost immediately upon setting out from the Crossroads Inn, the harridan insisted on keeping Som's cloak, the other physically able man seemed to see spectres in the trees, and Raindes kept stopping the group every half mile, ostensibly to eat. The child Samara, who Som took to calling "Little Spider" due to their ... manner of meeting, had significant difficulties keeping up with the long-legged adults, and Som found herself walking with an additional, if light, burden. She's still not sure why she did that. Perhaps Samara reminded Som of herself at that age, and inspired stronger protective instincts than Som knew she had.

After what seemed like many more miles than actually existed on the road to Port Silver, they finally arrived, only to find that no one had brought the note. At this point, Som decided to leave Raindes to her own devices in order to get the Little Spider into an actual bed to sleep, instead of sleeping draped across Som's back (not the most comfortable for Som, either), and then relaxed in the common room of the inn to wait for Raindes... At which point, words were said (apparently the harridan does not like Moor elves - OR children), and the child must have heard, because chaos essentially erupted afterwards. Little Spider locked herself in her room, which Raindes tried to get into, essentially guilting the harridan into helping her try and pick the lock. This was unsuccessful, and Mhaegan left in a huff, nursing a bruised wrist. At this point, Som went upstairs to break down the door, enlisting the aid of Raindes in this brute force method. Unfortunately, she hit the door badly, and with Raindes pushing from behind, her shoulder got dislocated... although the door did open.

So now Som was looking at a few days of recuperation at the very least. But in the ensuing ... turn of events, something was strained in her shoulder by Raindes attempting to pull it back into its socket, so now it'd be weeks before she'd be able to regain full range of motion, much less her full bow-strength again.

Well, it turned out that Little Spider has a big scary something-or-other for a dad. Namely: Sardrac. The harridan unknowingly ... solicited his ... patronage, apparently, and did not receive the response she was expecting. Raindes brashly stepped in, but when the confrontation was over, she disappeared. Thinking she had just gone to pray, Som stayed at the inn. As evening fell however, it was clear that something was wrong. She traveled to the Temple of Shalherana herself, seeking signs of Raindes' passage. Awkwardly following her trail through the jungle with only one functional arm was not easy, and it took all night, but by morning, she discovered her worst fears to be true: Raindes had found nothing but death in jungle. Her body was stiff and cold, and Som was handicapped by her still incredibly-painful-and-not-very-useful shoulder. Eventually, though, Som had dragged Raindes body back to the temple, where she collapsed in silent tears, realizing she had lost the only friend she had ever had.

:(:(:(

Consequences: Som's not going to get to use her arm for a few ooc days, lest she risk further damaging it and perhaps losing the full use of it entirely ( :eek: for someone like her). I think Raindes' death is going to also make her realize that having friends is nice, and even if you lose them, they leave good stuff behind, too, so she'll probably open up a bit more...

Last edited:

Ratchat620

Lord of Altera
I think Meridian might be able to exploit this to retain the "friendship" between him and Som (Even if it wasn't a real friendship :p)

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Perfect time to meet Ced!
At this point, I'm pretty sure that unless someone introduces them, Som's just gonna sit in a corner and *antisocial* at him. And everyone else. :oops: