Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The_Goatician's Application [Accepted - Jase]

The_Goatician

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

The_Goatician

2. How old are you?
Twenty-two

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
That I have!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is collecting information out of character and using it in character when the character has no logical means to access or learn that information.

Powergaming can be taking other players ability to control their characters actions away by taking control oneself or refusing to lose a conflict no matter how much of a disadvantage their own character may be in.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jase(You’re everywhere, Jase!)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Greetings! On the internet, I’m usually called “Goat” or something similar due to my preference of staying (for the most part) anonymous. Out of character I like to do creative work but have a hard time finishing projects. Pixel art, sketching, 3d software(blender) and hopefully, I can tinker with Unity or another game engine in the future. These are all hobbies that I don’t take all that seriously and am self-taught so I’m an expert in absolutely none of these things, they’re just fun for me to do in my spare time! Next to creating things is roleplay, I started with D&d and when tabletop buds became scarce I moved onto the internet to find RP groups.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Nothing really that interesting right now but I’ll likely make fanart and MC skins in future for other threads.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
A pal named ToasterSquid!

About Your Character!

Character Name:

Aine Puck

Character Age:
Early-twenties

Character Race:
Caparii

Appearance:
Aine is 5’3 in height, tan fur/hair with the styling snipped short and usually mussed up. Eye color brown and complexion a light tan. Like other Lighthooves, she has a more slender frame but her muscles are toned from her hunting trips and hiking.

Written Test!
Aine’s hooves thumped through the forests at a brisk pace before slowing to a stop. She had found her tree, a landmark with a simple depiction of a pair of rectangles carved into the bark and on cue, she fumbled with her belt to unclasp a personal journal attached to it. The leather material on it had familiar chew marks around the edges but the sheets of paper within that spindly fingers flipped through were mainly intact by any nervous gnawings. Squinting down with bleary eyes, she found the crudely drawn map that made a relieved smile stretched across her tired face.

“Almost… there. Then it’s simply findin’ a caravan.” Aine mumbled under her breath, her morale newly revived. Traveling even a short way without company was a pain both metaphorically and literally. It resorted to taking back paths mapped out by herself and a few trusted others in order to avoid bandits. These mainly untrodden grounds were easy to get a twisted ankle if one didn’t watch their step, the uneven gait and the climbing it forced on its travelers made legs beg for some rest. Snapping the journal closed the Caparii tied and tucked it back into her belt, turning eastward to continue her journey.
Along the trip it was easy to get lost among the beauty of nature, it was, after all, the biggest distraction from any aching muscles. Sights, sounds, smells, in a way she felt right at home as she trotted along, half entranced. Eventually during the trip the sight of soil and foliage were replaced with a more barren, rockier environment. It was on this part of the route that Aine had an epiphany when she listened closely, one that would drive her into attempting to invent and perfect a whole new style of dance. Fore when her hooves began to trot on stony grounds she realized the clop noises they made could make a rhythm. It was both utterly ingenious and baffling that she didn’t realize it before. If she danced on some paved stones in town she could make a bit of music depending on how exactly she tapped her hooves on the ground and when. Her hooves were music.

This was going to be an absolute hit at the festivals, Aine was certain of it. Maybe even a new trend among the Caparii too if some other cheeky one didn't do it already.

Last edited:

ToasterSquid

Legend of Altera
ToasterSquid
ToasterSquid
Goat made my Skin and her own Icon TBH. Post your work. shakes fist

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Correct! I am everywhere :) Unfortunately, there is one small thing which I probably should run through with you before I can whitelist you --
  • Your written test does not meet the minimum test requirement of 400 words. (354 words!)
Let me know when you have done this by replying to this thread, and I will take a look at it ASAP. And once again thank you for applying to Hollowworld!

The_Goatician

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
SHWEEET!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+