TheCreatureCrate's Application [Pending - Jase]

TheCreatureCrate

Loyal Servant of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
TheCreatureCrate

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when someone uses OOC information during roleplay.
Powergaming is when someone is forced into doing an action without consent

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
no

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
jase

8. Tell us about yourself!
heya! im Nic, I work as a free lance artist and voice actor. I'm just getting back into Minecraft after a long while of not playing and I'm looking for a nostalgic roleplaying experience.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
its not that I don't want to, I literally just don't know how

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found it on a website while looking for "Medieval adventure servers"

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

• Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Gian Musk

Character Age:

Character Race:
Greathorn Caparii

Appearance:
red/brown mixed hair and beard. 6ft tall. carries a drinking horn on his hip, along with a quiver on his back.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
white, nothing incredibly special

Written Test!
alrighty! the fun part!

Having been raised in a family of four, he knows what it's like to be part of a family. his mother was a midwife, and his father was a warrior. his father was constantly busy, so more for the fact that Gian wanted to spend more time with his father, he pretended to be interested in the ways of the warrior. having spent more time with his father, learning to be capable with a bow, he soon begun developing a love for protecting his people. It gave his life meaning. a few years later when he was around 16 years of age, a mysterious figure was known for coming into the town and kidnapping young children. That one night when everything went awry. the kidnapper was not known by his face so nobody knew who he was. he was cloaked. now this man knew what he was doing, for he would only attack when it was raining. because that's when he fit in with the crowd and everyone else was wearing cloaks. now Gian shared a room with his younger brother, simply because of the fact that his family couldn't afford to put them in separate rooms. one rainy night The Cloaked Man snuck into the house and into Gian's bedroom. the man didn't see Gian at first for his bed was across the room in a dark corner. Gian saw the man creeping in after his younger brother and pounced on him from behind, while calling for his father. His brother wakes up and sees what is going on and runs toward his father's chambers. While The Man and Gian still struggled in the other room, The Man pulled out a small dagger and stabbed Gian in the stomach and swiftly chased after the younger brother. Their father had just woken up soon enough to see his youngest son get taken away from him. . As Gian lay on the floor, bleeding profusely from his stomach, his father, who now realizes that there's no chance in getting his son back right now, focuses on the commotion heard from the other room. He bursts into the room and sees what has happened. His father tends to his wounds and lets him rest for about a week. By now his father has pleaded everyone in town to give any information they can about The Man. nobody knows anything, because he blends in perfectly and doesn't make a sound. To this day Gian has been working as a Warrior and protecting his people from more attacks such as this one. He believes that his brother is still out there and that he will find him, so that's what he spends his every breath doing.

Last edited:

Jase

Iconoclasts, laugh, a funeral passes.
Mentor
CheezAlt
CheezAlt
Thank you for taking the time and effort for your application to join Hollowworld!!! There is one thing I have to touch on to continue --
  • Your written test fails to meet the 400-word requirement. Try to steer clear from cliques where you can, and don't be afraid to be creative! : )
When you have updated your application, please let me know by replying to this thread.

Jase

Iconoclasts, laugh, a funeral passes.
Mentor
CheezAlt
CheezAlt
Hey!

I just realized that I wrote cliques instead of 'cliches' in my feedback to you above, how silly of me!! I hope you can forgive my brain-fart there. Regardless, thanks for your edits, they are quite appreciated. However there are some elements in the written test, that I am going to have to ask you to change or tone down, this being your inclusion of the mysterious cloaked killer. Ideally, we want written tests to show who the character is, their background, their morals, and their values.

Let me know once you have made your changes, or need further clarification by replying to this thread.

TheCreatureCrate

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hey!

I just realized that I wrote cliques instead of 'cliches' in my feedback to you above, how silly of me!! I hope you can forgive my brain-fart there. Regardless, thanks for your edits, they are quite appreciated. However there are some elements in the written test, that I am going to have to ask you to change or tone down, this being your inclusion of the mysterious cloaked killer. Ideally, we want written tests to show who the character is, their background, their morals, and their values.

Let me know once you have made your changes, or need further clarification by replying to this thread.
im afraid i dont really know what you mean by this. are you saying that i should remove the cloaked man and focus more on developing morals?