Lord of Altera
Character Name: Theodosius Hostilius Herennius
-Known as "Theo" by his friends.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Current Mood(s): At peace.
Mental State: Normal, if a bit exhausted
Relationship Status: Engaged
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Ideal Partner: Lucila
Religious Beliefs: He is liberal about others' belief systems, so long as they contribute to society and do not cause trouble, then he is happy to have them. While not devout, he has found himself praying more and more often to the Gods.
Eye color: Dark Blue
Hair color: Blackish-brown
Hair style: Slight parting of the bangs, a bit silky
Height: 5 feet 10 inches
Weight: 170 pounds, mostly made up of muscle
Intelligence: He’s not a genius, but he’s rather gifted.
Scars: Scar on right cheek, near eye, where he was hit by an arrow. He rubs at it during times of stress, and it is now painfully raw and sensitive. It is not bleeding or vulnerable to infection, however. There are also a few scars from where he was stabbed in the sternum, hip, back and in the right thigh- during the same battle in which he was hit by the arrow. Multiple, lengthy scars from his flogging.
Voice: Aragorn but Italian
Skills and TalentsMilitary Combat Skills- 10/10- Theodosius is a soldier through and through. When surrounded by fellow legionaries, he fights with lethal efficiency.
Single Combat Skills- 5/10- This is Theodosius's weakness. While confident when attacking in formation, he suffers when alone. His biggest fear is that he may come across a foe wearing plate armor- and be caught without his morningstar. However, the Civil War has kept him on his toes, as there has been an increased amount of ambushes. These ambushes have forced him to fight one on one with relatively easy opponents- honing his skills somewhat.
Command and Authority- 10/10- Though it's been a while, the young king has finally managed to become quite the expert on how to lead, motivate, and organize other people. Theo has come to realize that it is through making a goal personal or relevant that people will follow him- by inspiring loyalty through love, not out of fear or tradition.
Politics- 5/10- Being quiet about his next plans or his intentions has always been rather difficult for Theodosius, but he's getting the hang of controlling his pride, emotions and tongue. He still slips up more than he'd like to, and he's no diplomat, but at least he can feel semi-confident in resolving violent situations.
Leatherworking- 6/10- As he has worked with all manner of animal hides, Theodosius is able to create good sandals, boots, and somewhat sturdy leather armor. Emphasis on somewhat sturdy.
Rhetoric/Oratory Skills- 10/10- Theo has quickly mastered the art of word-smithing and is able to create a speech for any occasion.
Farming/Herding- 10/10- Theodosius's first job when overseeing Astrakhan was working in the fields and in the stables. From flax to flocks of sheep, he knows all there is about agriculture and cattleherding.
Building and Architecture- 6/10- He has finally begun to get the hang of designing slightly less utilitarian looking buildings.
Medicine and First Aid- 5/10- Theodosius can bandage and clean wounds, create splints and set bones. He has observed the actions of Eastoft and other medical professionals and can use guesswork to treat an illness. Sounding like you know what you’re doing is helpful too.
Cooking- 2/10- Why is everything on fire?
1. Theodosius is deathly afraid of eels after he was served a cup of wine with their still snapping heads inside.
2. Theodosius can't stand beer or vodka- like most of his people.
3. Theo's dad once accidentally lit Theo's schoolwork on fire while testing the lanterns. When Theodosius (who was ten at the time) returned to his school with no work, his teacher flogged him- even after he had explained the incident. Theo's father found out and explained it to the teacher- but to no avail. So, Theo's dad had the teacher- at sword point- redo Theo's homework.
4. Theodosius served in the Ayrithienese army as a part of the Asrakosian contingent. He courted Queen Alijol for a bit, but the relationship fell flat. Once Ayrithien was usurped by a neighboring faction of barbarians, it was Theo who led a brash rebellion against the Chieftain- which ended in him getting an arrow just below the eye and having his entire family under the belief he had died in battle. While Alijol was adopted into the Herenii as the materfamilias, Theo still wonders if the relationship could have gone farther- though he holds no romantic feelings for her anymore.
5. Theodosius is prone to making puns to the point where everyone else in the room wants to hit him.