Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

TheTimeParadox's Application [Accepted - Jinny]

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
TheTimeParadox_

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the use or leaking of out of game information. Powergaming is making an action that doesn't allow another player to react or respond.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Raal

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hey! I'm currently going to college and studying health and medicine, but I love all sorts of gaming and roleplaying. I particularly like tabletop gaming and things like Dungeons and Dragons, which I got into about 3 years ago and never looked back. I'm also a competitive swimmer and spend a lot of time doing that, seeing as it's a real passion of mine. Specifically with roleplaying and tabletop games, I love the creation aspect of making stories and characters to play around in. I'll sometimes find myself making characters or places that might never see the light of day, but it's a fun pastime for my creative side.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Nope, nothing specifically!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Nope

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Erland Yharnum

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Erland stands around 6'0" tall and has a thin but athletic build. He has dark brown skin, brown eyes and black-gray hair. He has a noticeable black/grey scar around his right eye, seemingly from some type of burn. He normally wears simple road leathers and common robes for his attire. A stand-out accessory is a crude pair of simple goggles that he wears upon his head.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
1533778294402.png

Written Test!
Erland was always ambitious and eager as a child. Born the son of a blacksmith, his hands were occupied from the young age of 5, as he insisted on helping around the forge, but was relegated to simple tasks such as fetching buckets of water, or gather his father's tools. As he grew older, Erland would soon find prowess working with the same tools as his father. He began taking on more complicated work, such as the shaping of objects needed around his small town. Things like horseshoes and axles for wagons and carts became dull busywork that he undertook on a daily basis while his father worked on the more complicated jobs. As such, a teenage Erland became a little too confident for his own good, attempting to undertake some more complicated work at night while his parents slept. Stray sparks and embers suddenly shot out at his small form and he lurched back, dodging most of the scalding hot liquid of the forge. He escaped mostly unscathed, aside from a burn around his right eye that would remain present and scar for the rest of his life. As a result, with the help of his father, Erland crafted his prized pair of goggles out of simple leather straps and basic glass wafers to protect him at the forge. Erland learned from that experience and became a fine craftsman in his own right. He began running the forge on his own some days, earning a reputation to rival that of his fathers and, as time went on, surpass it. He showed a real talent for the finer aspects of tinkering and again began to get a bit full of himself. However, as fate would have it, a renowned Dwarven craftsman by the name Radigan Rakankrak came through his town with an assortment of tinkerings and instruments. Fascinated, Erland spent every waking moment he could questioning the stranger about his craft and his products. Finally, after several hours, Erland purchased a small music box, intrigued and determined to learn about its inner workings. It was this chance meeting that sparked Erland's desire to branch out and seek more from his life than that of a simple village blacksmith. Heeding the advice of his father to further his talents, Erland set off in pursuit of knowledge and to further his craft beyond blacksmithing to the finer crafts of tinkering and beyond.

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Hey! Your application is on the right track. There is one thing you need to fix, however:

Word Test: Your word test is just shy of the 400-word minimum requirement. I recommend you use https://wordcounter.net/ to keep track of your words. (Also, remember your character won't start off a master blacksmith. Being the best in his village is okay, but he won't be known as a famous one, or start off with the ability of a master smith.)

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me or another mentor.

Hey! Your application is on the right track. There is one thing you need to fix, however:

Word Test: Your word test is just shy of the 400-word minimum requirement. I recommend you use https://wordcounter.net/ to keep track of your words. (Also, remember your character won't start off a master blacksmith. Being the best in his village is okay, but he won't be known as a famous one, or start off with the ability of a master smith.)

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me or another mentor.
Thanks, I updated it with a few more words to reach the minimum and I understand about the skill level, definitely not trying to have him be a master craftsman, just someone looking for some tutelage.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.