Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Thiilian Book Club

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera

Attention all ladies of Thiil! ( Or any lady willing to travel to Thiil.) A book club will be starting soon and will be held in the Grand Library or the Cliffside brew if Nireth gives us permission. We will be looking at books from the grand library, reading them, and dicussing them. If you are interested, please post an application on this thread including these parameters in your application:
Ign:
Character name:
Why you are interested in joining (you could just say cause it sounds awesome) :

Rules
1. You must not take any books without permission
2. You must do your best to get along with everyone in the club. If there are arguments, you must save them for after meetings and events
3. Treat every book with its due respect
4. Treat other members with respect
5. In any circumstance, try to break up any or all fights with a peaceful solution. We will try to demonstrate peace to all

Rule number 5 is very important. This club will hopefully bring more peace to Altera.

If there is one, the first meeting will be posed here soon (this is not official. I just want to see who's interested!)
Thank you all,
Raykaystar

Last edited:

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
-Would suggest making an IC poster thread and item (to put at Crossroads/Thiil board) for this aswell, if you want it to be IC'ly known about, assuming this is a book club IC'ly, myes?

Arcana

Daedric Prince
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm interested, considering Aethelsa tends to the library :D

Edit: Reminder- please refrain from taking books out of the library as well :)

Last edited:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
While I'm sure Alec would give you permission to use the Brew for this, library rules really only make it practical to have it at library itself.

Good luck with your event. :)

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
My suggesting is to host it at the library because the books can't be taken out of the library.

Ign: firegirl7892467

Character name: Rose Ruby Cleary (Aka: Crazy Jishrim Cultist)

Why you are interested in joining (you could just say cause it sounds awesome) : Love of books.

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
-Would suggest making an IC poster thread and item (to put at Crossroads/Thiil board) for this aswell, if you want it to be IC'ly known about, assuming this is a book club IC'ly, myes?
I would but I just don't know how. I need a book right?
I'm interested, considering Aethelsa tends to the library :D

Edit: Reminder- please refrain from taking books out of the library as well :)
That's great! We would love to have you!
My suggesting is to host it at the library because the books can't be taken out of the library.

Ign: firegirl7892467

Character name: Rose Ruby Cleary (Aka: Crazy Jishrim Cultist)

Why you are interested in joining (you could just say cause it sounds awesome) : Love of books.
That's great! Ill be on tomorrow so I can let you join ICly!
While I'm sure Alec would give you permission to use the Brew for this, library rules really only make it practical to have it at library itself.

Good luck with your event. :)
Thanks for the reminder! I almost forgot.

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
I would but I just don't know how. I need a book right?
TEMPY'S TIP TOP GUIDE ON POSTERS IC'LY:

Step 1:
Get a book and quill, that being the ingame minecraft item.

Step 2:
Write in said book whatever you wish to be the text on your poster, and sign the book when having done such.

Step 3:
Place said book at any given poster board in the world where you wish, and do that through Roleplay. For example:

*Illthilior walks up to the poster board, carrying a simple satchel to his side which he takes a small scroll from, placing such against the poster board and soon nailing it to the wood afterwards with the other items in his satchel, only to then turn around and head off again.*

You can use the board by either left clicking it with the book to automatically put it in, or right clicking it, and then just placing the item in the available slots. A board looks like this:

Step 4:
When having finished the roleplay, and hung up the book, you go to the forums and make something similiar to this. If you hung the poster up at the Crossroads tavern, make a thread with the poster's content in this forum:

http://hollowworld.co.uk/forums/the-crossroads.264/

Step 5:
You should be done, weee!

write a book and sign it, and then, while holding the book, left click the crossroads messages sign and it should put it in, if not, then it's a right click kinda thing
I feel sniped.

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
TEMPY'S TIP TOP GUIDE ON POSTERS IC'LY:

Step 1:
Get a book and quill, that being the ingame minecraft item.

Step 2:
Write in said book whatever you wish to be the text on your poster, and sign the book when having done such.

Step 3:
Place said book at any given poster board in the world where you wish, and do that through Roleplay. For example:

*Illthilior walks up to the poster board, carrying a simple satchel to his side which he takes a small scroll from, placing such against the poster board and soon nailing it to the wood afterwards with the other items in his satchel, only to then turn around and head off again.*

You can use the board by either left clicking it with the book to automatically put it in, or right clicking it, and then just placing the item in the available slots. A board looks like this:

Step 4:
When having finished the roleplay, and hung up the book, you go to the forums and make something similiar to this. If you hung the poster up at the Crossroads tavern, make a thread with the poster's content in this forum:

http://hollowworld.co.uk/forums/the-crossroads.264/

Step 5:
You should be done, weee!

I feel sniped.
Thank you guys!

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
Oh, I forgot to mention, Daisy Ravenwood would be in charge of the book club so if you have any questions ICly, find her. (That's me!)

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Oh if you end up really wanting to do it outside the library I can hook you up with a few books of my own and I'm sure if you ask around other authors would love to have their MC books talked about during RP and will donate copies.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Hmm....

Ign:
Jstar
Character name:
Mylaela Eldrin
Why you are interested in joining:
Like her father, she has for literature in any format.

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
Oh if you end up really wanting to do it outside the library I can hook you up with a few books of my own and I'm sure if you ask around other authors would love to have their MC books talked about during RP and will donate copies.
Great idea! That would be awesome! Let me know if you find any book we could read!
Hmm....

Ign:
Jstar
Character name:
Mylaela Eldrin
Why you are interested in joining:
Like her father, she has for literature in any format.
Sounds good! Like a said before ill try to be on tomorrow so we can set this whole thing up ICly! We would love to have you!

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
I'm hoping that this book club will make the women who join become more respected within their home towns. Hopefully we will be sought out when troubles arise. We need a cool title. Any ideas?

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
I have absolutely no issue with books being taken out for this group so long as they returned promptly afterwards! Great idea!

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
why not just stick with "Thiil book club" ? I don't really think a book club needs any special names, also, why only women?
Just figured no men would wish to join! I wasn't sure if guys would enjoy this sort of thing. But you are more then welcome to!

Last edited:

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
We agree that it needs to be named after Silas, right?

I always go with different languages. They sound more interesting. For example:

French:

Silas Livre bâton = Silas Book Club.

Irish:

Silas leabhar Club.

Those are just two I looked at.