Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

ThomasWinn1's Application [Declined - Jinny]

ThomasWinn1

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
ThomasWinn1

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
England

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta-Gaming is using information to your advantage that you're character would not know. For example, someone may advertise a new job in global chat. You reach the location and say your character already knew about it even though there would be no way they would have known.

Power-Gaming is essentially forcing your role-play choices upon another player no matter how unfair it is. An example could be saying to another player *Grabs you and throws you to the ground leaving you with a bad scrape on your knee*

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Ayda

8. Tell us about yourself!
My favourite games to play are RPG's, i.e. Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion. Music? basically everything. I have 2 doggos :)

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Link to various buildings - Link to castle I built purely on survival just by me on Caeda RP - I have mostly built things to my own accord. Either on personal servers with friends or other role-play servers (Caeda/Ethelia, both of which are no longer up, but were good servers :). I've also been assigned as a builder before and given tasks to build large towns or other misc things like dungeons, random structures in the wilderness etc. I also have experience with world edit and terraform building.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found the server after searching for ages for role-play servers.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Triton Marcel

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Triton is a man of below average stature. Around 5'8". He has green eyes and unkempt hair with a short scruffy beard. He wears some dark red robes which look quite old and worn. The robes also have a large hood that drapes over the users head to allow them to partially hide their face. A bronze necklace also drapes over the shoulders and hangs at front of Triton's chest over his robes.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
/\ /\

Written Test!

Lazarinth Has Fallen.

Although the air held the sticky warmth of midsummer, rain fell heavily outside the gates of Stoneholm. drumming on the polished armor of the guardsmen like a thousand tiny hammer blows. The soldiers on the wall nervously flexed their fingers around the sword hilts as they squinted through the rain. They could still make out the black clad figure as he continued his steady stride towards the gates.

Scouts had observed the stranger for a while now, and the city gates had been swung shut as a precaution. By size and shape, it was a man in blackened full-plate armor - but there was something amiss. He appeared to carry a rectangular shield, so large and thick that it could have been cannibalized from a siege instrument. Such a weight would have unbalanced even King Laranox - but the stranger walked as casually as if he were naked. Lieutenant Maris, Commander of the Guard, barked commands at the men on the wall, then climbed onto her horse and spurred out from the gates, she pulled up twenty yards from the stranger, lowered her rain-slickened visor and drew her sword with a thin ringing sound.

"Stop," she commanded. "Or I'll stop you."

The man ignored her, the rainwater splashing and rolling off his dark armor, turning slowly crimson and staining his footprints blood-red behind him.

Maris grinned widely, as though she had been hoping that the stranger would disobey her. She leapt down from her horse, and was suddenly flanked with four other guardsmen, each pointing blades and notched arrows at the man.

If he were aware of the threat, he showed no sign - continuing his steady pace. Then, just as Maris opened her mouth to signal the attack, the man dropped to one knee in a bow. He raised a stained silk tabard in one blackened gauntlet.
Maris failed to stifle a gasp as she recognized the symbol on the tabard - a ghostly yellow face. The colour had nearly faded now, and was almost as grey as the miserable sky above them. But the symbol was unmistakable, and she knew what it meant.

"By the light, what news?" She shouted, running to the man and grabbing at his shoulders. Brown-black flakes came away on her wet fingers, and she was dimly aware that the black coating was charred blood.

"What news?" she pressed again. "What news of Lazarinth?"

The stranger lifted his head and the woman flinched back in sudden horror. His eyes burned brightly with the terrible red flames of the past.

"Lazarinth is lost," said the man... in a cold voice that shook her to her bones.

Current Setting of the Server:

The last galleys pull into port upon Storm’s Landing, a trade town where crossroads and ships across the continent meet. To the East was the unknown seas and to the west, north and south were new civilizations, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the dark. In this land, it even seems as if demons and the explainable come out to play. Creatures of strange un-natural appearances prey on the confused wanderers.

But there is one thing for certain.. Life in Altera is a land of opportunities. Will you join in on the adventure? Aye, Ah' shall.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
I am going to deny your application due to the fact you plagiarized most of your story from one written for the "Blizzard Short-Story Competition in 2009".

You may apply again in one week, on Monday, October 8th, 2018.

If you have any questions or concerns due to this decision you may contact me, or another mentor.​