Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

ToasterSquid's Application [Accepted - Jase]

ToasterSquid

Legend of Altera
ToasterSquid
ToasterSquid
About Me!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

ToasterSquid

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
US, West Coast [PST]

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yep!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information acquired OOC from 3rd party sources (Discord, Forums, Alts, General chatter) as if it where information your character learned in game. This covers knowing someones name based on their nickname displayed on screen, Knowing who killed who even though there where no witnesses, and major events planned in secret to happen in game.

Powergaming is Dictating what another character is doing in or own writing without giving them their own agency to make their own choices and or giving yourself the advantage in the scene. For example ({name} sticks out their leg and trips {name} and laughs as they hit the floor) instead of ({name} sticks out their leg in hopes of tripping {name}) and responding to that. Also having "invisible NPC's" like guards and the like is also powergaming. If there is not a player playing the guard... they are not there. other examples include scaling a wall in full plate armor or other tasks that would not be reasonably possible for your character.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope!

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
ToastySpam !

8. Tell us about yourself!
I go by Toast online and I'm a LARPer, seamstress, and cook when I not online. I have a love for the medieval and high/low fantasy genera and always have back from my days on Gaia online in 2011. My small hobby job is to build Foam weapons for Combat and sew garb/ costumes using my well versed knowledge in Medieval clothing. Thought like everyone i am still learning every day. Food though, I could talk for ages on food. How to prep and cook food is always something I don't shy away from answering questions on.

Having dyslexia makes Roleplay and Creative writing difficult but in the same step helps me have a better handle on it. So even though I am quite prone to typos and grammatical errors i'm working hard to combat them and am very excited to get back into the Text RP scene.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I dabble in Building [xXx] I'm currently tinkering around with larger builds.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No referral, but I was tired of my Old stomping grounds toxicity and I found you guys.

About My Character!

Character Name
:
Uviri Trill

Character Age:

Character Race:
Halfling (Roaver)

Appearance:
Uviri has slender but toned frame standing about 3'5" and weighing in roughly at 45lbs with the typical short pointed ears for a halfling. Metal studs and cuffs adorn her ears aswell. Her hair is Auburn that is a touch on the red side with messy and self cut short bob style framing her face that pairs well with her dove gray eyes. Her skin is fair with rosy cheeks and freckles peppering her shoulders, upper arms, up across her cheeks and nose.

General Clothing for Uviri consists of long sleeved tunics and moderately baggy pants that are well fitted in the waist. Some sort of decorative leather cuffs keeps her tunic sleeves tight and close to her arms and softens the strike of the bow string snapping at her skin. A fitted leather vest keeps her feeling secure even though it offers no protection due to the leather weight. Homemade boots are frequently worn when trekking the lands though are kicked to the side when relaxing at her camp for the night, walking during nice weather, or if she had one her personal dwelling. Her treasured threadbare blue scarf is always nearby if not being worn.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

The young Roaver let out a large yawn as she looked out over the stream she was fishing in. She had been sitting at its banks for a few hours at this point trying to catch some dinner. The weather had her worried as it had been overcast all day and threatening to rain at any moment. “At least I have my camp set up…” she mumbled to herself while pulling back her pole to check for bait and recast.

A breeze pushes its way past the drowsy halfling and got itself caught in the canvas acting as the girls tent. Sleepily looking over her shoulder at the straining fabric and creaking branches she did not see her bobber get pulled under the water. A few seconds pass before the rod jolts suddenly from her hands. In a panicked scramble the halfling launches herself forwards from sitting to splash though the water and retrieve her equipment and hopefully the fish still on the hook. Wrestling to get a grip on the fishing pole the halfling was able to start slowly dragging the hooked fish out of the water.

“How big is this...Damned… Fish!” the halfling growled between pulls. The beast was putting up quite a fight and it only just crests the water for brief moments. During the struggle her father's words came to her mind. “Remember Uviri. Take a deep breath and get down low. Give the beast some slack and when it thinks its home free give it all you got. It works for your old man it should work for you.”

His warm chuckle echoed in her head as she continued to work her way to the bank of the stream. Once she had solid ground she took a deep breath, widened her stance, gave the line so slack and with one sudden yank the fish popped out of the water in a high ark. A grin spread across her face as that was the biggest salmon she had ever seen. Thought the weight of the fish caused Uviri to lose her balance and stumble backwards. There was both a snap and a wet thud as the fishing pole broke on a rock and the fish hit the ground.

Laying on her back stunned, Uviri finally took a breath after a long pause. At least she now had dinner and didn't have to worry about food on the last leg of her journey to Storm’s Landing. Her grin broke into quiet laughter as she rolled onto her stomach and stood. She was a mess but luck was on her side, She could feel it.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Ayyyy! This is pretty good!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+

ToasterSquid