Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming Trial - The explosion

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
The explosion – Godsend, 12th of Snowdown, 2259. Season of Frost

On a snowy day in Snowdown, a man wearing a black cloak was seen around the downtown district of Port Silver. The witness claimed the man was sneaking around (some random building; will be added later) wearing items the witness did not recognize. Not entirely sure what the man was up to, the witness moved on.
A rough hour later, a loud bang was heard in Port Silver, the glassworks had exploded and was on fire after the explosion.
The guards got several reports of a strange man lurking around the glassworks every day for the past week, seemingly inspecting it. The man was arrested a day after the explosion and will be sued for Property Damage, endangering the local safety and murder, the body of an apprentice was found dead in the remains.

So, what is this?
Back during the Exodus, we had some sort of trial between two parties and I got to play a part in it. I loved it, it was a long time since I had such an amazing RP. And now I want to do it again. But I need help, mainly people willing to play along in it, and actually do any effort. For now I need the following:
- The “Criminal”: is in jail (only during RP moments, you’re allowed to use your own character or get a temp one for it). He/she can be questioned by either party and will be put to trial.
- A lawyer: speaks for itself, defends the “Criminal” during trial. This person is allowed to find help on his own
- A prosecutor, charging the criminal with above mentioned violations. This person is allowed to find help on his own.
- Since I organised this thing, I’m going to be mean and say “I’m the judge”. I do need an assistant for it.

Another thing: not everything is what it seems. Just because somebody was arrested, doesn’t mean this person actually did it. The Criminal will be given an additional bit of information on why he was tere, but that won’t be disclosed here.
Furthermore, I need several witnesses, who all saw something. I will tell them personally what they saw, just to prevent meta-gaming.
There will be an actual trial held in the Port Silver Court (on the main square). Date and time will be determined later. But first everybody has to get their facts straight. Find witnesses (just saying “A random person said this criminal was there and a week later the thing blew up” isn’t going to convince me). I’ll keep an updated list here of who is playing a witness below, finding out what they know is up to both the defending and opposing party.
If you have any questions, let me know. If you want to be a part of this, post below with the role you’d like (criminal, lawyer, prosecutor, judge assistant or witness). Also put up a second option, in case you don’t get the role you actually want. Also motivate why you would be fit for that role.

I will (most likely) assign the roles this friday, or sooner if there's a lot of people willing to participate. In case of a success, I'll do these more often, but I'll decide that on a later moment.

Last edited:

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I'd love to be a criminal. Following that, the judges assistant/witness would be nice.

I'm not quite sure how long this following part is supposed to be, but I'll edit it if needs be.

The reason being that being the criminal means I will have to talk and debate my view, in a way. I'm a big fan of debating and this would be an excellent opportunity to test myself on a whim. As many people on HW have seen before, I do like debates and this is an excellent opportunity.

The reason I'd like to be the judges assistant/witness would be that I would really enjoy partaking in this trial, so these seem like a role that I could play well and would find enjoyable to play. This seems like quite a good idea for an event and missing out on participating would be an awful shame.

-K9

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I'm calling dibs on the Prosecutor :D
I'd like to make a temp char for this though.

Alternative Defense Attorney ;)

Last edited:

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
Yo, really? I own the glassworks and I did not consent to it blowing up.
You own that? I thought nobody owned anything in Port Silver yet... seeing as the sign said "places will be for rent soon". There's no reason to be hostile about it, a mere mention of it would've made me pick another building. At any rate, sorry for that.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Suggestion, since there are a lot of buildings rented out now in PS, and not all have a sign at a visible place:
You could relocate the crime scene to Heaven's Reach and still have the trial in Port Silver, since we don't have a courthouse.
That would make HR laws apply and thus take the chance of any PS council member taking pity and reducing the sentence since our laws don't have a clause like that for murder, so there would actually be something at stake for the accused and the defense attorney.
Other advantages are for example that you manage the rents in Hr and thus know which houses are empty, plus you are a town owner you can let whatever house you like explode Rp :D

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
I would love to play a lawyer, I am on the debate team in my school and have competed in many competitions, and am part of a Mock Trial team which Roleplay cases in court. My second would be the prosecutor. I think it'd be great! I am really good with debating and whatnot

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Yo, really? I own the glassworks and I did not consent to it blowing up.
Then they'll use another building, I own PS and consent to it blowing up :p
Besides, you only own it if you're renting it. Are you renting it?

You own that? I thought nobody owned anything in Port Silver yet... seeing as the sign said "places will be for rent soon". There's no reason to be hostile about it, a mere mention of it would've made me pick another building. At any rate, sorry for that.
People are already renting buildings, and quite a few have been claimed.

Edit:

Suggestion, since there are a lot of buildings rented out now in PS, and not all have a sign at a visible place:
You could relocate the crime scene to Heaven's Reach and still have the trial in Port Silver, since we don't have a courthouse.
That would make HR laws apply and thus take the chance of any PS council member taking pity and reducing the sentence since our laws don't have a clause like that for murder, so there would actually be something at stake for the accused and the defense attorney.
Other advantages are for example that you manage the rents in Hr and thus know which houses are empty, plus you are a town owner you can let whatever house you like explode Rp :D
If they'd still like to do it in PS I am fully aware of whats being rented and whats not, and @Kvothe should REALLY have contacted me when he contacted Sally :p

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
Then they'll use another building, I own PS and consent to it blowing up :p
Besides, you only own it if you're renting it. Are you renting it?

People are already renting buildings, and quite a few have been claimed.

Edit:

If they'd still like to do it in PS I am fully aware of whats being rented and whats not, and @Kvothe should REALLY have contacted me when he contacted Sally :p
*didn't know* I'll contact you in-game soon'ish.

Helios

Legend of Altera
If there was to say an execution...Can I do it?!? Not with some giant axe but with simple poisons maybe Hemlock or Altera's finest Slime Cream.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I could stand as Judge with Vorar. Got previous experience in Port Silver's courtroom from the Crown days.

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
I could stand as Judge with Vorar. Got previous experience in Port Silver's courtroom from the Crown days.
Sorry mate, taking that one myself for the first try. I'll let you have it when I do another run at this :).

Also, I've been getting this question quite often lately: When's the trial?

Well, originally I was going for sunday... But SoS happened (see what I did there?), so I'll have to postpone it. Thing is, I'm going to Austria on thursday (next week) and won't be home until the next wednesday. So take a breath and prepare properly, the event will be somewhere after that.