Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Tribute

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Especially since it's kinda in the north....
North is north of the equator.

It's the one right next to spawn, which everyone can get to for free, so I'm afraid you'll have to explain a bit more as to how it unfairly and "immensely" favors the southern cities.
As said the favor is mainly RP - Think about it from this angle:
Why would someone travel over half the globe to do something they could do on their own continent too?
And its not exactly free either - it costs IC-Time.
Depending on where your character lives travel times could actually come up to 1 month or more IC time.
And while there are people doing it nowadays, we got something altera doesn't have - giant steel/bauxite birds bringing us and all our luggage from one end of the globe to the other within 48 hours.

Theoretically speaking the amount of prayers that staff has to read shouldn't even change much at all, since if people pray because they want it count, they will just move their prayers to the cathedral instead.

Its basically the same as with Port Silver. RP (in this case specifically religious one) is now centralized at one point - which was as far as I remember a good portion of the reason PS got canned for good.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
North is north of the equator.

As said the favor is mainly RP - Think about it from this angle:
Why would someone travel over half the globe to do something they could do on their own continent too?
Depending on where your character lives travel times could actually come up to 1 month or more IC time.
And while there are people doing it nowadays, we got something altera doesn't have - giant steel/bauxite birds bringing us and all our luggage from one end of the globe to the other within 48 hours.

Theoretically speaking the amount of prayers that staff has to read shouldn't even change much at all, since if people pray because they want it count, they will just move their prayers to the cathedral instead.

Its basically the same as with Port Silver. RP (in this case specifically religious one) is now centralized at one point - which was as far as I remember a good portion of the reason PS got canned for good.
If your character was devoted enough to their god, time/distance wouldn't be a factor. I think it'd be more insulting to the God/Goddess of your worship if you were basically going about things the lazy way, and simply making a homemade shrine nearby. But that's just how I think, I guess.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I wouldn't say we folks should stop praying in our own shrines or homes. It helps with character development on your own, regardless. With the divines being more faint now, one can assume voices and prayers can probably be heard more stronger/better in the Grand Shrine.
Our characters can believe our prayers are still heard in our own personal region shrines. They just won't be .. "heard" as loudly as the ones in the Grand Shrine in roleplay "reality".

Edit: Minus the complications that come with setting up the plugin on each and every shrine around the NK, sorting through prayers, figuring out if the shrines are qualified for the divine intended... Really- This change makes sense with the shift in the Divines. Sure, it'll focus a bit more on people who want their prayers heard in the Grand Shrines, but we have to take this in slow strides.

Last edited:

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
I totally understand the reasons behind doing it this way, and it truly doesn't bother me, but let's be honest, the placement and construction of the Grand Shrine has never made any sense.

That said, if it makes it easier for the staff, I'm all for it!

223hero7

Lord of Altera

The RP world isn't the entire world map; The Sorrows and Kavdek exist on the same planet, and both are around the size of the Northern Kingdoms, if not bigger. I always thought the Northern Kingdoms were only the size of the UK, rather than a giant continent all together.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Imma sit and be a heathen and laugh at you guys with your pantheon problems

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
How about typing your prayer in the Catherdral but mentioning it was actually prayed at "X" Shrine in the prayer as an OOC note. That way staff can keep up with the prayers easier and folks can still use their fancy temples IC. If it turns out a place is used a lot for a large prayer group staff could then see if their is merit to adding another place to the plugin.
I am okay with this. It'd make it "muted," like Solus explained, but would help us keep track of it.

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I totally understand the reasons behind doing it this way, and it truly doesn't bother me, but let's be honest, the placement and construction of the Grand Shrine has never made any sense.

That said, if it makes it easier for the staff, I'm all for it!
What might happen... someday... eventually... if it is ENTIRELY player driven, mind you, but has enough support to be sustained, is that gods could have main temples that aren't actually at the Grand Cathedral.

In my head it would be something like:
-Temple is built through player initiative
-Staff/Loreteam/whoever is petitioned to have the god's attention (shrine plugin area) moved
-Accepted because of support, build, etc.
-Plugin area is removed from Crossroads, but not the physical shrine.
-It's now considered a "secondary" shrine, and will be marked as such... somewhere
-Plugin area is placed in the new temple.
-...?
-prophet

That's a rough impulse thought I had.

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
I really like that Som, I mean I've been pretty vocal about how much I dislike the way the Crossroads expanded beyond being an inn into having a staff built market/other buildings + the shrine, so if you go in that direction I'd love you forever.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
I really like this actually, I tried it out for the first time and I can say I felt thoroughly impressed! I dunno if you are able to manually edit the rep with other gods for people, but if there was any spare time it would be cool if that could be possible! but obviously not for every other god, just their god of choice, Perhaps.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I really like this actually, I tried it out for the first time and I can say I felt thoroughly impressed! I dunno if you are able to manually edit the rep with other gods for people, but if there was any spare time it would be cool if that could be possible! but obviously not for every other god, just their god of choice, Perhaps.
If there's enough interest, we may do this, we just didn't have any mechanics on the backend for it at the time.