Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Unease

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
About a week after the storm, the sea level around Azerport resides and the River returns to normal, and Marr takes no time with getting back to work.
Workers begin quick work to repair the sea walls and levies that border the oceon,
Carpenters work on the rooftops replacing shingles,
Livestock returned to their place in the farmland between the capitol and Twilight Falls,
Citizens return to work,
And new flagmasts are erected in place of the ones snapped in the storm, Marr's banners flying once again high and proud over it's majestic city.

Tybalt emerges from his shelter on some tropical island south of the Sorrowlands, setting sail further south in search of what he is after.

Allindra plays in a puddle or something.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
The Castle of the Frozen Knight continues to boil and heat. Yet now it's not from unease, it's from his own intention. A throne which is warm cannot hold him in an ice grasp. Landir continues to traverse the lands "Righting" the "Wrongs" he sees in the world.

As for the Courier, well. . it costs a lot of money to get back home. Seems he'll be here for a while.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
You know-
Storms and events like that might be fun to normally RP. :D
I think this event might also inspired other types of events, that we usually do not do. :)
For example, storms.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
You know-
Storms and events like that might be fun to normally RP. :D
I think this event might also inspired other types of events, that we usually do not do. :)
For example, storms.
I was thinking other kinds of natural disasters.

Tsunami, Earth quakes. Eruptions...

Oh my

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
The winds slowed, and in many places stilled entirely and plants no longer rotted on the vine. The world stops to catch its breath, waiting for what comes next. Even now, word had spread, and no one knew what the outcome would be. Would the gods choose to essentially declare war on each other, or would they act in the spirit of communal preservation and return to their realms? It was the question on everyone’s lips. Rumors were varied, and it was difficult to tell which were true.

"I's thinkin' the god are already dead and gone. Why's the wind stopped for if they're still kickin'?"

"Silas must have figured out a way to appease the rest of them and stop the madness."

"T'weren't Silas there. Musta been Jishrim or Visage. 'Course they'd want the rest of 'em to bugger off."

"But surely they wouldn't LEAVE us? They have to protect us if the Corruption ever returns!"

"You sodding idiot, were the gods what brought that on us last time."

Pilgrims still congregated at the central cathedral, praying through the day and long into the night. Some claimed that the gods answered them, but most simply heard the wind that still whistled through the rafters here. There was weeping that punctuated the prayers and chants of the pilgrims. A woman loudly and almost accusingly offered her remaining daughter to Shalherana, if only... if only she would remain, stay alive, and protect the woman. And her family, of course. In a nearby shrine, another woman, also a mother, bowed her head as tears streamed down her face. Her prayers were silent, but were for her son. She wanted him returned to her, and if that meant the gods must withdraw from this world, she wanted that more than anything.

OOC Note:

A bit of clarification, here: the gods have not withdrawn... yet. How quickly this happens is up to you guys (and I suppose that by extension, this means whether it happens at all), but some details should be given first. The gods are more or less in danger. We may have overstated the danger to the entire pantheon, but there are certainly members who do not have the support to survive much longer in the competition for followers and worship. That was the intent of scattering folks to go pray to their particular god - we noted all those down (and the results were interesting, lemme tell you).

So, in the next week or so, Sally and I are going to get the cathedral set up with a shiny new worship plugin, and it will record prayers for us. We have a list of gods who support the withdrawal, and those who don't/don't care. Offerings and prayers will help determine how strong they are. Prayers will help sway them to a particular side, if possible. That's the next event-cycle of this campaign.

Once the gods withdraw, that does not mean they're gone completely. That was misinterpreted. This is intended to be the transition to the Exalted system that Mich initiated (and we kind of had to accelerate), so there will still be a link between Altera and the gods. And if they HAVE to, they can reappear at very infrequent intervals.

Now, on a personal note, I do want to apologize for the "underwhelming" feeling most of you got from that event. We were trying to emphasize player events more, which some of you got to experience first hand, and this was only intended to try and clear things up from the bits and pieces that had been dropped before. Clearly that failed, which is why I'm being a lot more forthcoming with you guys than has been done in the past. I was pleased that the prompts resulted in some absolutely wonderful player-initiated world-changing RP, but the destruction was not intended to be permanent. The focus on player events IS.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Prayers at other temples wouldn't count?
IE: towns with temples, Toralin for example.
I believe only the temples at the Shrines are officially sanctioned. Bad on me from not having my link game prepared, but there was a post in regards to donations, in which it mentioned temples in towns being solely player monitored and just a part of that region. Not necessarily staff monitored. I would imagine the same would go for the prayer plug-in. Just a humble player's guess though.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Prayers at other temples wouldn't count?
IE: towns with temples, Toralin for example.
It's harder for us to keep track of those.
I believe only the temples at the Shrines are officially sanctioned. Bad on me from not having my link game prepared, but there was a post in regards to donations, in which it mentioned temples in towns being solely player monitored and just a part of that region. Not necessarily staff monitored. I would imagine the same would go for the prayer plug-in. Just a humble player's guess though.
Niah snyped me!

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Hmmmmm, what about characters that praise in other ways? Dum'ni has only ever prayed once. He thinks it's weird.

Also, as far as I knew, the gods spend very little time in our world; they're mostly flitting around the Planar Infinity. And the figures that we see during these types of events were just tiny portrayals of their real selves/power. How could this world be killing them if they are so tenuously connected to it? This new twist just doesn't add up for me.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
*distant heathen snickering*

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Pfft your elemental will never leave their homeland -or- become anything but splishsplashy >:[ *Shakes fist at*
Hah- psssh, pretty sure she saved the day and killed the corruption in PS

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
The wall we built prevented it from spreading, and the Alterans defeated Jishrim's illusion of Harateth at Novus.

The Alterans saved the day ;)
Wasnt that Naelwyn with his sacks of flour