Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

UnjustNafari's Application [Declined - Niko]

UnJustNafari

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username? UnjustNafari
2. How old are you
? Over 14.

3. What country are you from? The US.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet? Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming? Metagaming is the act of taking out-of-character (OOC) knowledge, and using it In-role-play. (Irp). For example if I was offline, and someone was attacking my character's friend, and they messaged me on Discord "Bro hop on and help me I'm on the road." And I did so.
Powergaming is when you roleplay in an unfair way - such as forcing things rather than making attempts.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server? No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cymic_

8. Tell us about yourself! I'm just some dude who started roleplaying along time ago, and have been back and forth between servers as they rise and die. I'm from Georgia, and spend most of my time either writing fiction, doing online school, or watching youtube ngl. I found this server via a friend and thus - am here now in attempts to find a new, welcoming community.

9. Do you have any examples of your work? None that are finished on PC.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server? Auriel_

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name: G'kair Razia.

Character Age: 20
(Simple enough!)

Character Race : Southern Human.

Appearance: A dark-skinned man of tall stature, standing at 6'4 with a reasonably large build, as example of hard labor. He adorns a simple mostly cloth outfit, and a family heirloom necklace with a bear's claw that hangs from his neck at all times. His hair keeps in a long braid, his ears adorning a pair of gold studs.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: It's not modern/memey, so don't worry.

Written Test!

On a small, remote island far far in Southern waters, once lived the 'Tribes of Ladaya.' A small settlement of Southerners who held a very odd - and unique culture, they followed a hunter-gather society, sticking to the natural coconuts - berries and such of the land, and the fish and salt of the sea to survive. Within the tribe of Razia, lived a young boy, one brought into a life of hard labor - as his mother lived as the tribe's 'Seer', often influencing him with knowledge, whilst his father taught him the meanings and techniques of things such as farming upon their small land, fishing within the vast seas, trading with the many ships, fighting to defend himself from the vast wildlife, and a moral code built on respect for those whom offer you support, a roof over your head, and food in your mouth.

When G'kair turned ten, his father took him on a hunting trip, one that was meant to train him for the hard life ahead that the islanders faced, It was this day that G'kair's reality shattered, it was that day that he learned how wrong things could go in mere seconds. His father while teaching him how to track deer for venison - perhaps wasn't as good at hunting as he thought, mistaking a bare-den as a cave for them to settle in.. Awoken in the night by his father screaming for his attention - he was first greeted with his father and a large Black-bear circling back and forth, his father spear in hand as he warned his son not to approach and to grab their things and his spear, yet to stay low. Confused, scared - panicked and on the verge of dreadful tears, he began to grab left and right for their things, packing them up - but he barely made it in time, as his father was charged at by the bear - his attention snapped towards it, his father yelling for his boy to run, and so he did, straight out of the cave, with only his father's satchel in hand, he ran, and ran, and ran - wishing, praying, hoping he could just make it close enough to the village to gather help..
In that night, he managed to run almost non-stop down a path that took his father and himself nearly a whole day too walk in as little as two hours.. Upon reaching the village he screamed and cried for the attention of others, attention that was granted..The boy collapsed, exhausted - whilst a search party was sent out for the boy's father.

Nearly two years had passed - G'kair had finally gotten over the passing of his father, and began wearing his father's pendant which sat aside a claw of the bear which took his fathers life, one given to him the day after his death by the Tribesmen whom had slayed the bear. G'kair - only twelve, took too his mothers side, listening to the tails of the main-lands, the tales of Elves, Dwarves and other cultures of Humans he had never even given thought to existing, she told him tales of energies that lived within all of us - energies that their tribes believed in - such as Negative, and Positive, believing that those with positive energy will live long, happy lives, and those with negative energy, will only bring pain, sadness and misfortune to those around them.
She taught him of her tribe's music, and the special 'healing factors' their tribe believed lies within smoke-able herbs. But most importantly she taught him that even when things feel as if they couldn't get any worse, to push on, to fight tooth and nail till you were nothing but a withered corpse, because even then - one way or another, things would begin to look up by the end..

When he was Sixteen, on the docks handling imports from one of their common trading companies whom would often visit too trade berries which grew only on certain islands in return for seeds for their farm, he met an old Moor Elf who he called only by what he heard the ships crew call him, 'Captain'. This man would keep him company as he unloaded the seeds, and put on the berries, a bond that would last them for years - even through the death of his mother, whom passed away peacefully. In-fact, it was during this time that they grew closest, talking of the mainland, compared to the Island G'kair was from, he learned slang the mainlands used, of their many deities people believed in, the cultures and vast kingdoms. Too G'kair, it sounded like the tales his mother would tell him, but he couldn't help but hold a lingering thought..of what if? A whole year had passed since his mother had died, The ships imports had been switched with another, one that had a much harsher Captain, one that G'kair did not like very much.. One day..curiosity lingered within his mind like a sickness.. He wondered more of these 'What ifs', Maybe one day he'd see the mainlands.. He wondered if..he could get there..get there soon..real soon. With no true ill-intent, he jumped onto the ship while the crew sat distracted, hiding himself under a pile of crates..Getting ready to see the world..To him - a New, world.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to write this application to Hollowworld. Before we continue I have to address a couple of things with you.

- You have the power to make up villages and small towns from which your character can come from, but nothing to the scale of an island containing an entire undiscovered human subculture that house multiple tribes. Also, south of the main continent of Altera is the Sorrowlands which are inhabited by the undead so any island that far south would be infested with them. I suggest sticking to a small isolated village on the mainland continent or if you want to keep an island setting, there's an archipelago west of the main continent that may fit your character better.

Once again, thanks for taking the time and effort to write this application to our server. I look forward to reading it once more.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Your application has been declined for inactivity. Feel free to apply again.