Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming Ur Tournament

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
1531224162584.png
Once again the Blessed of Jax calls all would-be gamblers to the newly opened Cathedral to partake in the playing of holy games with him. Onlookers and spectators are welcome to watch with bated breath as these potential champions mix luck with skill.

Will they be able to create a foolproof strategy to ensure their victory, or will they be looked down upon unfavourably and met with awful luck?

The entry fee to join the tournament will be 2,500 radiants per person and the winner shall find themselves 12,000 radiants richer.

A special challenge is issued to his fellow blessed, Cymic Seymour.
Open Spaces:
1. Johnathan Windsor
2. Podric Flanders
1531224162584.png

Below the poster and handed out by heralds is a small pamphlet that details the rules of the game. Below is an OOC guide.

This is the basic layout for the game, which consists of 2 players [Wooden Buttons for P1, and Stone Buttons for P2], where the goal is to get all 7 of the pieces from the beginning of the board to the end of the board.

In the real game, there were 4 "dice" which had the ability to roll a 1 or a 0. This meant that you could roll a 0, skipping your turn, or a 1, 2, 3, or 4. To have this work in game, whoever is playing will be rolling a 1d5-1 every turn, so it's only possible to get a 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4.

The blue spaces on the board are spaces which only their respective player can land on, whereas the green spaces are a "battlefield", in which either player can send another player's piece back into their hand. The five stars on the board, called the rosettes, are places which, when landed on, the player is allowed to roll again, and are invulnerable from being sent back into the player's hand. For example, if a piece is on the space just behind the Green Rosette Space, and someone rolls and lands their piece on the same space, the original piece would return to the player, able to be used again, but have to go through the entire board. However, if that piece was on the Green Rosette, it would be impossible for anyone to roll a piece onto that space.

In order to send a piece "off" the board, which is the objective of the game, you must get them past the space with the arrow on it, but must roll exactly enough to do so. For example, if a piece is on the Blue Rosette just before the arrow, you can only roll a two in order to send them off the board, one to land on the arrow, and one to get off the board. As well, if you were to roll a three, and decide to put a piece onto the board, you would spend one movement to get onto the board, then the other two to go to the space just behind the Blue Space Rosette.

In some cases, your turn can be skipped while playing. One example is when you roll the 1d5-1, you roll a 0. Another example would be rolling a 1, 2, 3, or 4, and not being able to move any of your pieces. To be able to move a piece, you must move it the exact amount that you rolled. You can't roll a two, and move a piece one, or roll a four and move it one, etc.

Finally, there is a variant which Brit & I have come up with, in which both players are given a certain amount of golden coins, and everytime a player's button passes, but does not land on, a rosette they must put a golden coin on the side, and when a player lands on a rosette, they collect the golden coins that are there. Any other rules or questions will be explained/answered during the event, unless you're overly confused, then you should probably PM myself or BoredBrit on discord.

OOC:
-Priest/Priestess/Religious Leader: Johnathan Windsor
-Public or Private? Public.
-Temples or Shrines Involved: Cathedral.
-Have you spoken with the town/region owners and are they aware of the risks to their region involved?
Yep and Yep.

Where: SL Cathedral.
When: Saturday 7th July - 5 EST
What: I build an Ur board and we have a tournament.
Classification: Moderate for Pvp, but come at us with godly shenanigans.
Tags: Lannis Elz

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I like it but I don't understand it and I don't want to read. But that's okay...

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
Me in.
Put down Agnar Freyr, my Jaxy boi.
(Will send screenshot of payment when on the server tonight.)