Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

UUID Precautions

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
HollowPlugins are currently being updated to handle UUID's, this thread is going to change as soon as any required testing is done.

If at any time, after 1.8, you are able to change your username, first do the following:

1. If you own a house, transfer someone else to the owner, even an alt will do.
    Command -
    /noble house transfer <Playername>
  2. If you own a town, transfer it to someone else, this can be an alt as well.
    Command - /noble region transferowner <Regionname> <Playername>

Nobility has been migrated, it should work fine when name changing becomes available.

3. If you have locked chests with lockette, unlock them.
    (Lockette is fine~)

4. If you have custom entry msg's or custom titles, let a staff member know so they can delete them, and return them upon your name change.
    The custom entry/leaving messages are now fine with names changes. But the titles aren't, so keep a record of any custom titles you might have for us to add them to you after the name change.

5. Delete all your homes, they will vanish regardless when you change your name. The most you can do is record the co-ords.
    There's a chance of losing your /home's, but this is due to the plugin just being generally buggy on the 1.8 update. It should work fine with UUID's.

6. Get any horses you own out of virtual storage and disown them. They wont recognize you as owner if you change your username, once changed, you can reclaim them.
    Stables knows UUID's, the horses will remember owners.

7. If you own a /pocket, it wont recognize you if you change your name. Let a staff member know (And show them the pocket as proof), they might be able to do something after you change your name.
    Pockets are now fine with names changes.

That's all I can think of now. Shopkeepers, chestshops, money (of course), mychunks (claimed after we updated) all work fine with name changing.

Of course, some of these things might change, I'm still crossing my fingers that some of the plugins will update to handle UUID's.

Important note: Staff will NOT be able to unlock chests for you, they will NOT be able to change house or town leaders for you or do any of the following. If you change your name and don't unlock a chest, don't change a region to someone else, release your horses, you will unfortunately have to deal with the loss.

Last edited:

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Well, for most of our own plugins, we'll see together before updating...
I will patch them, to minimize the impact and most probably I'll be able to do something about it to do the change automatic and painless :)

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Will 1.8 skin options be available soon as well?
I supose you mean the double layers and the 3 pixel wide arms?
This is a client side option so yeah, you choose that

The_Dark_Lord

I think I might like it here
I supose you mean the double layers and the 3 pixel wide arms?
This is a client side option so yeah, you choose that
I was talking about some plugin i heard of that lets you have those options on the server side, and allows players with 1.8 to join.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Lockette still doesn't like name changes so make sure to remove all lockette chests before you change your username!

NOW-
LWC got confused over UUID's and doesn't know what to do with name changes, so for today you'll need to unlock your LWC locks, but I'll be updating it on restart today so it should be better. The same goes for Chestshop-

Edit: I'll be willing to unlock anyone having trouble with LWC and chestshop, since their bugging up wasn't known!

Last edited:

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
SOMETHING

Basically, LWC and chestshop had a problem understanding UUID's and the devs have updated them accordingly- however, chestshop warns that there's an update in this version (As it's warned quite a few times before, but we've had no issues so far) that might break the user database that holds said UUID information for the plugin to process. If this happens, I'll have to delete it and chestshop wont allow buying/selling from anyone unless they login- so it can absorb their information again.

... Now how many people understood that-

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
SOMETHING

Basically, LWC and chestshop had a problem understanding UUID's and the devs have updated them accordingly- however, chestshop warns that there's an update in this version (As it's warned quite a few times before, but we've had no issues so far) that might break the user database that holds said UUID information for the plugin to process. If this happens, I'll have to delete it and chestshop wont allow buying/selling from anyone unless they login- so it can absorb their information again.

... Now how many people understood that-
You know I always understand you, Sally :heart: