Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Valkyrie's Application [Approved-Ayda]

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend
1. What is your Minecraft username?
The_VALKYRIE

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information that your character hasn't personally gained to achieve goals that benifet them, or damages others.

Powergaming is to force actions onto other players against the rules of combat in most cases to make an outcome fall in the powergamers favor

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope!

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidziod~ very funb IGN by the way... makes me think of Zoidberg, whoop whoop whoop!

8. Tell us about yourself!
I work form home for a costume commission company (we have a FB page and Etsy shop!) that does outfits, wigs, and custom printed clothing. MEaning i'm almost always near my computer or phone and multi tasking. Have you ever Ventilated a wig before? You need breaks doing that stuff even if you listen to the worlds best techno or drums and bass playsist.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Yeah but, I don't really like to show off. I know i'm not the best out there, but i do look for ways to improve so i can perhaps be one of the best. I've made individual structures, entire towns, Landscaped hillsides, Planted forests by hand, and am currently updating an old build of mien to be 1.12 friendly that I'm pleased as punch about!

But uh... yes i have examples.. Screenshots, world files, One video on youtube...

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Yeah, Oracle_Akir!

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
Valtae Dur

Character Age:

Character Race:
Forest Elf

Appearance:
A brown haired elfess with gently sun kissed skin. Rarely will you see her donning the rough clothing of men, though she will occasionally snag a pair of trousers to wear for her own delight. Her one point of excess would be the one fine dress she covets and wears when feeling special and not fingers deep healing someone because blood is a hard thing to get out of anything, especially that lovely silky dress that does ever so much for her moonlight gray eyes.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Can't figure that out for this forum, sorry!

Written Test!
That was a funny sort of tree! Rough gray bark, very green leaves... and thorns! Why did it have thorns? was it scared of someone stepping on it? The thorns were tiny, cuuuute!

The forest elf paused in her travels and looked at the stunted lil tree on the side of the road, it barely came to her calf but the thought of a tree trying to be prickly like an animal was delightful, best still... this was a very small tree, small enough to fit in the clay pot she carried to cook her meals in. She wasted little time, digging up dirt (and this precious little tree!) to transplant it to take with her. Sure, the thing would be shocked at it's relocation. and may miss this forest, but she missed hers and this odd little tree felt a bit like that home.

The pot wasn't ideal, the soil would grow soggy if she watered it too much and there was no place for that wet to go except to allow mold and rot to set into the roots so she had to be careful of that. the little taproot with it's small hairy projections is something she took special care of, making sure she didn't damage it during the process of the little thing would suffer. With the pot half full she paused, she held the root ball in one hand (for the tree was that small) and was holding the roots in much the same orientation as they had been. The tree likely didn't appreciate being moved and would rather be left alone.

She would watch, and nurture this tiny gem, keep it healthy, and return home to present it as a gift for that special someone whose affection she wanted so dearly.

With care, she finished burying the roots, gently packing the soil to keep the tiny, thorny, tree upright in her clay cooking pot. When she made it to the nest town she shoud trade for a proer flowerpot so she could cook on the road but until then she had lost a pot, gained a plant. A good day!

Well mostly... she still needed to find some teacher who would take her as an apprentice so she could be a better healer for her people and those of the forest nearby. She could mend flesh, set some bone but there had to be more than that. She kept herbs and plants that helped with ailments and sickness but surely there were other plants that she could 'borrow' like this thorny little tree to take home.

Some days she wondered why she left the forest. not everyone she met was nice and sometimes food was harder to come by in certain areas. But, a little hardship never hurt anyone, just had to know your limits and figure out the best way around them. Often times that meant collecting a bit more food than essentially needed, and finding some travelers to share it with until the difficult stretch of land was passed. Sometimes this also meant she had companions for an extended period of time that lasted far longer than she expected. Other times she was more like a cat glad to be rid of something unpleasant and sped off to find a better use of her time the first chance she got.

Shifting captive tree in one arm she dug in her pack, hidden by the green cloak she wore, for the rabbit meat she'd dried and chewed meditatively. If the traveler earlier was right she should reach the next settlement before nightfall. She hummed and watched the green leaves of her treasure bobbing with her steps. Yes, this was her treasure now, a living, growing, treasure.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Last edited: