Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Valley] Emyn Arnen {peaceful} (wip)

Legendary Fiction

It took a lot to get here
Emyn Arnen, the Valley of Lakes
Region for the Soresta Shalherana
This is a peaceful region, please respect the rules

2017-09-21_14.58.25.png
The Shrine of Shalherana

Settlement:

Emyn Arnen
Caretaker:
Truce Sarsaparilla Soresta
General Info:
Remote, Naturally fortified (single entrance), Naturally self-reliant, Neutral political Stance
Size:
Valley, in between two mountain ranges.
Climate:
Sub-tropical summers, mild winters.
The valley entrance is a small but long passage between the two mountain ranges, with trees all around. It is located in the southeast, and heads into the main section of the valley northwest.

Upriver from Mockingbay, west of Astrakhan, past the lake and through the forest.
North from Compendium through the jungle and forest.
South of Valerius, and East of Amaranthine, around the northern mountain range.

Fast-Travel:
There is currently no faster way than walking (or taking a horse.)
Wealth:
Non-monetary wealth, comfortable
Language:
Elvish (as spoken by the former Soresta Emya Teeke), Common

Official Time-Scale:
3:1 (1 month irl = 1 season ig; 1 day irl = 3 days ig)
Places of Interest:
Holy Grounds of the Shrines - one for each god, and a reception hut at either end of the Grounds. Located in the west-southwest section of the valley.
Communal Hut - Gatherings and feasts often held here. Also used informally for dining with friends. Located more in the central area of the valley.
Nature's Sanctum - Formal celebrations can also be held here. Located in a more remote northern area of the valley.

Rules:
1) Commit no acts of violence within Emyn Arnen. (This means no fighting, hunting, or fishing)
2) Affect the land and forests minimally.
3) Do not disrespect the Gods.
4) Heretics, heathens, and magicians are forbidden within the valley without consent from a high member of the Soresta.

Violence/Consent Level:

Peaceful. Contact region owner before making changes to region. No man-made defenses, no man-made offenses, no jails, no locks, no guards/armies.
Residents: (must be a member of Soresta Shalherana, or have direct relation to a member, to be a permenant resident. Temporary residents are a case-by-case basis.)
Kyiat Kress Soresta (StarWillow2000)
Edger Kress (Edouard2000)
Truce Soresta (Legendary Fiction)
Linden Duskgrove (RagingLunacy)

Q & A:
Q: How do I get to Emyn Arnen?
A: Enter through the southern entrance to the valley. Get there by whatever means you like! You'll also need to find out where it is.

Q: Does that mean I can't come into Emyn Arnen through some other entrance?
A: Essentially yes. Emyn Arnen is otherwise surrounded by mountains.

Q: Can I visit/reside in Emyn Arnen?
A: Probably not. Contact Truce, Linden, or Kyiat beforehand.

Q: What is Soresta Shalherana?
A: It is a religious group dedicated to upholding the tenets of Shalherana, as well as promoting humanitarian interests.

Q: What if I'm involved a war/conflict/other inter-play circumstance, can I still visit Emyn Arnen?
A: Probably not.

Q: Does this mean I can give consent to be attacked inside of Emyn Arnen?
A: No. You can be dragged out of Emyn Arnen, and past the zone of influence.

Q: Can I fish/hunt in Emyn Arnen?
A: No. There are plenty of places to hunt and fish outside of Emyn Arnen.

Last edited:

Legendary Fiction

It took a lot to get here
It was actually always there; I just had to reform and re-add it under my name. :) Yes, I'll be also getting an icon for the map soon, and the religious group will also be re-added when I'm able.

Will also try to remember to have the other one archived so as not to confuse too many people with the same place.