Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

VernierPython7's application #2 (Approved - Paint)

VernierPython7

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
VernierPython7
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is doing things outside the realm of possibility and knowing things your character could not know (things you learned ooc) and Powergaming is using aspects that are not directly visible and using actions that give no ability for response from the other player.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Snerus
8. Tell us about yourself!
I am Jordan, a 17 y/o student from Arizona. I play in the marching band at my high school, I play the trumpet. I have since 5th grade and am now in 11th. I play many games including; CS:GO, Unturned, Subnautica, Stardew Valley, & the Elder Scrolles/Fallout series.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I used to be a head admin on a creative server for a larger server network (The Biocraft network) but I no longer have any pictures as this was a few years ago.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No, I found the server via Minecraft Server List
About Your Character!

Character Name:
Maelyss Efsy'nhedfan (Welsh for he is flying)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human
Appearance:
Green Eyes, Brown Curly Hair, 5'10, broad shoulders and toned arms and back, flat stomach (not abs, not fat) Wears a gray shirt with leather belts used to hold different items over his shoulder, black trousers, brown belt. Wears fingerless gloves.

Written Test!
Maelyss is a wheat farmer and has arrived in an effort to seek a new life here after the rift to the nether was opened and his farm was burned down. When he was a young boy, he lived a quiet life and his father taught him all he knew about farming. Living a peasants life on the edge of a forest, he has achieved a basic boy scout's knowledge of the world and its workings. He can survive in the forest with ease using his wits and knowledge of the world. He wants to one day explore the world and that has been a dream of his ever since he was a young boy, he greatly enjoys going on long journeys and his love of the wilds gives him a natural tendency to wander off course, because of this, he is often late to many events. He had a pet dog named Alduin that had died of old age which he loved dearly. When he was 15, his parents sent him to a university to study and become an alchemist but when his father became ill, he was forced to return to farm work. As he worked on the farm and took care of his parents, the dream of exploring was fueled inside of him, he always had wanted to get away from his farm, but his parents were more important than his dreams and so he carried on. A few months after he returned to help his parents, he broke his leg in a accident while moving wheat. His broken leg made him unable to work on the farm and he could no longer afford the medicine to help his sick father, his father died of the illness and he took care of his mother for about a year until she was killed unfortunately in the Era of Incursion. He worked on the farm to feed himself and the animals, slowly selling them as the farm could no longer provide enough to eat, he was eventually forced to butcher his live stock including his prize winning pig Mr. Tulip. He lived in a tent and tried to rebuild, although his efforts proved feudal (Pun intended). With nothing at home and nothing but the clothes on his back he sold the land and the last of his possessions and has now arrived in the New Kingdoms, ready to start again.

Afterword: I hope the changes I have made are acceptable, thank you for your time, and if you still find the story hard to follow, please specify what you find confusing, thank you once again! :)

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Heya VernierPython7-

I've made my second review of your application and noticed you are lacking the minimal wordcount (380/400) I'll have to ask that you add onto the backstory to make it within that minimal requirement.

You do not need to make another thread, you can simply use the edit tool on the bottom right to make changes and add to the thread.

Warm Regards;
-Paint

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Rest in Peace Mr Tulip.

Small note you should keep in mind, medieval medical care was quite awful, and there is a very likely chance your character could have permanent damage to his leg, like a limp, for example.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.