Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

VernierPython7's application (Denied - Paint)

VernierPython7

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
VernierPython7
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is doing things outside the realm of possibility and knowing things your character could not know (things you learned ooc) and Powergaming is not playing in character but instead playing to achieve a certain goal and ignoring all other aspects. i.e. Someone attempts to stab another person with a dagger, that person responds "You couldn't possibly have hit me as I'm standing too far away", even if that person is technically "too far away" they are ignoring aspects of roleplay in an effort to better themselves and give themselves an advantage.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
(Mentors are designed to help you get used to the server; you can a list of our current Mentors and what they can do for you under 'Everything you need to know!'.)
8. Tell us about yourself!
I am Jordan, a 17 y/o student from Arizona. I play in the marching band at my high school, I play the trumpet. I have since 5th grade and am now in 11th. I play many games including; CS:GO, Unturned, Subnautica, Stardew Valley, & the Elder Scrolles/Fallout series.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I used to be a head admin on a creative server for a larger server network (The Biocraft network) but I no longer have any pictures as this was a few years ago.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No, I found the server via Minecraft Server List
About Your Character!

Character Name:
Maelyss Efsy'nhedfan (Welsh for he is flying)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human
Appearance:
Green Eyes, Brown Curly Hair, 5'10, broad shoulders and toned arms and back, flat stomach (not abs, not fat) Wears a gray shirt with leather belts used to hold different items over his shoulder, black trousers, brown belt. Wears fingerless gloves.

Written Test!
Maelyss is a wheat farmer and has arrived in an effort to seek a new life here after the rift to the nether was opened and his farm was burned down. When he was a young boy, he lived a quiet life and his father taught him all he knew about farming, living a peasants life on the edge of a forest, he has achieved a basic boy scout's knowledge of the world and its workings, and can survive in the forest using his wits and knowledge of the world. He wants to one day explore the world and that has been a dream of his ever since he was a young boy, he greatly enjoys taking long walks and/or going on long journeys and his love of the wilds gives him a natural tendency to wander off course and he is often late to events. He had a pet Krowler that had died of old age. When he was 15, his parents sent him to a university to study and become an alchemist but when his father became ill, he was forced to return to farm work. As he worked on the farm and took care of his parents, he also fell in love with a girl and was planning to marry her, but one day he was in the town selling produce when his cart was knocked over by a clumsy passerby and all the produce was ruined in mud, frustrated and making his way home early, he came to find one of the neighbors with the girl in bed. After kicking them out of the house, he swore to never love again. A few months later, he broke his leg in a accident in moving wheat. His broken leg made him unable to work on the farm and he could no longer afford the medicine to help his sick father, his father died of the illness and he took care of his mother for about a year until she was killed unfortunately in the Era of Incursion. He worked on the farm to feed himself and the animals, slowly selling them as the farm could no longer provide enough to eat. He lived in a tent and tried to rebuild, although his efforts proved feudal (Pun intended). With nothing at home and nothing but the clothes on his back he sold the land and the last of his possessions and has now arrived in Altera, ready to start again.
Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hello there VernierPython7 -

I've done my initial review of your application and I have a few notes for you that need to be addressed before I can accept your application;

- Your definition of powergaming is wrong, please go review our roleplaying rules and change it.
- Altera is the name of the world we live in, we're currently settled in a continent called New Kingdoms (Depending on who you ask, there are other faction names for the land, like Gottland)
- Please remove the Krowler from your application, its a lore beast that cannot be used as a pet. Not quite sure what a Krawler is, and we prefer you keep your whitelist PG-13 and I'd ask you remove the bit of about finding his love(?) in bed with another man.
- Your backstory is a bit hard to follow- Well it is within the word count, I'd ask that perhaps you consider a bit of fine tuning, I'm having issues following it.

Warm Regards;
-Paint

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Moved to Denied because you've made a second application- Which I will be reviewing right now.