Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Viar's Application [Approved - Niko]

Viar

Villager

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

My Minecraft username is Viar.

2. How old are you?

I am seventeen years old.

3. What country are you from?

I live in and am from the United States.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?

Yes, I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming and powergaming when a player takes it upon themselves to create a character that is invincible, extremely powerful, able to easily master any subject, etc. This also includes giving your character insight to things that they cannot possibly know in any way, shape, or form. It creates an unfairness to the roleplay and ultimately ruins the experience.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

No, nor would anyone else wishing to retain a fair Minecraft server.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

One of the current mentors is Ayda, or Asriel_Luik/Orderni.

8. Tell us about yourself!

Hello! My name is Delaney. I love making friends and one of my favorite things to do is to spend time with them. I love all kinds of music truthfully, if I was shown something out of the blue I guarantee I’d love it regardless of genre, style, artist, etc. I love performing and visual arts, as I am involved in both of them myself. I like to read, write, draw, make music, perform, cook, sing, socialize, and lots of other things.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

Yes! I’ll post at the end. :)

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

I found this server on a search for good roleplay servers, and it seemed very interesting, so I’ve decided to attempt to get whitelisted.

About Your Character!

Character Name:

Liavra Wranhice.

Character Age:

20 years old.

Character Race:

Silver Elf.

Appearance:

Liavra has long, flowing silvery-blonde hair that is rather wavy. Her eyes are a glacier colored blue gradient towards the iris, with sprinkles of silver within the shades of blue. She is typically seen wearing regal gowns of muted purples and blues, with the occasional green, as well as a veil atop her head on the occasion, depending on where she is and what time of day it is.

Written Test!

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows. In this new land, it even seems as if demons and the explainable come out to play.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change...

On the dark, gloomy day that the ships had moored on the new land’s soils, the Wranhice family had little to no idea of where to start once again. After the tragedy of the Exodus, it left everyone that had once walked the land of the Northern Kingdom in utter shock and dismay. However, the Wranhice family had never been known to give up. Harboring two young twins, Anduin and Celaena Wranhice took initiative to grow what once was their beloved town of Aelin back to the thriving state it had been before the downfall.

Liavra, the younger of the twins, was only a young girl at the time of the incident. Her mind was suggestible, and she’d never expected to see witness such a terrible thing in her lifetime. Over the course of the next few years, Liavra would become a brilliant girl, especially intellectually, but among plenty of other subjects as well. She excelled in generally every aspect of school. Her parents grew to be very proud of the young lady she would end up as, taking every sense of pride in her.

In her adolescent age, she took up multiple instruments and vocals, learning to create the beautiful music that her parents had raised her on when she was younger. Along with her academics, this became one of her more favorite pastimes of the day, though her parents didn’t particularly approve of it since, at least among their race, it was deemed lazy and uncouth. Liavra didn’t mind, though. It made her happy, and that’s all she cared for.

Basically becoming a model of the race she belonged to, all the families and members of the rebuilt city all dearly loved her for the way she upheld herself as the youngest Wranhice. She spoke with manners and proper etiquette, making sure to leave a good impression on every individual she’d come to meet, even though she knew majority of them were below her in authority and didn’t particularly care whether or not she’d meet them once more. Until she met someone she’d find interest in that wasn’t within her fitted criteria.

Many years had gone by where Liavra had not stopped to give a second glance to anyone she’d met nor passed by, but a girl by the name of Stella Söderholm, a mere human, would change that in an instant. Despite knowing that she’s not allowed to associate with anyone below her as it’s so frowned upon within the community they reside in, Liavra felt what would be described as falling in love.

Here's an example of my artwork! This was made awhile ago, but I'm very much into digital art lately, so perhaps expect some more. :)

DCn3rmiXcAACHUr.jpg

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time and effort to write your application to Hollowworld. There are exactly two things I need to address before we can continue.

- We are looking for specific definitions of both metagaming and power gaming in your own words. If you are unsure on either definitions, I encourage you to take advantage of our comprehensive starter guides located under the "Getting Started" tab.

- While players can imagine small towns and villages in their whitelist backstory, entire nations belonging to the character's family are too large of scale to allow in a backstory.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and effort to write this application. I look forward to reading it once more.

Viar

Villager
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time and effort to write your application to Hollowworld. There are exactly two things I need to address before we can continue.

- We are looking for specific definitions of both metagaming and power gaming in your own words. If you are unsure on either definitions, I encourage you to take advantage of our comprehensive starter guides located under the "Getting Started" tab.

- While players can imagine small towns and villages in their whitelist backstory, entire nations belonging to the character's family are too large of scale to allow in a backstory.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and effort to write this application. I look forward to reading it once more.
Oh, okay! I'll make my edits and use more emphasis. Thank you!

Edit: I've made my changes. Hopefully this is a better wording of it all. :)

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
shalherana_by_cukie1-da5qzch.gif
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.