Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Video Maker's Crusade

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Do you make videos? Do you livestream? Can you help teach others how to edit their videos?

Well, HollowWorld has a YouTube channel, and it has all of ONE video (it's a rather fantastic video of Sally livestreaming a Dayter drawing, but is still the only one!)

THIS IS NOT AN APPLICATION. I am simply interested in knowing who all on the server has the interest in making videos~

IGN:
YouTube channel (if you have one):
Video capture/editing software used:
Specialty:
Any ideas:
Do you use the HW Texture Pack?

From the HollowWorld YouTube thread:

Friendly video requirements (may be added to)

This channel has been created with the assumption that it will be for several things:
Gaming commentaries of server activities.
Notable roleplays (historic Alteran events, for example).
Server trailers, as well as advertising certain plugins.
Story Time - Tales related to the server's lore.
Art! This can be a collage of pictures, or even better, a video of the creation of art related to Hollow World and Altera.
Music! This can be music that you listen to while RPing, or music you have created for Altera, or in-character ballads and songs you have written!

Keep it relatively PG-13 (subject to change). Swear words can be used sparingly but absolutely no explicit sexual content, and try to keep description or depiction of gore to "The Hobbit: The Unexpected Journey" level.

The best kind of video is one that is professionally made, over a minute long but under thirty (we can create two or more parts depending on the length), with decent quality. It's my understanding that when uploading a video to youtube, internet connection is in positive correlation with final video quality.

Title shamelessly stolen.~

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
List of VIDEO CRUSADERS

excited_cutie_mark_crusaders_by_thatguy1945-d5t31vw.png
(Don't judge me.)

IGN: angryboy2k11
YouTube channel (if you have one): https://www.youtube.com/user/angryboy2k9
Video capture/editing software used: Varies. Serif Movieplus/Sony Vegas Pro mostly
Specialty: Short-lived notices of livestreams coming up that never happen *slow clapping noise at his own failure*
Any ideas: Want to make epic battle animations. Can't animate nor battle *cries*.
Do you use the HW Texture Pack? YUS! And Shaders. Shaders are nice!

IGN: Antilogy
YouTube channel (if you have one): http://www.youtube.com/user/antilogygaming
Video capture/editing software used: Screenflow
Specialty: High Quality, Basic Showcases, Tutorials
Any ideas: Building Tips, Showcases, (streams!)
Do you use the HW Texture Pack? Yes

IGN: Humpfries123
YouTube channel (if you have one): Humpfries123
Video capture/editing software used: Meh I can get whatever I need if you tell me what I need
Specialty: Showcasing Builds
Any ideas: A tour of Alteras Greatest wanders and landscape( because one of Alteras most attracting features is it's realistic Terrain in my view)
Nope, I use LB Photorealism

IGN: icefire 120
YouTube channel (if you have one):
http://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=12hj2c5g#/user/iceandfire120
Video capture/editing software used: Fraps and Sony Vegas
Specialty: Anything.
Any ideas: Guides/Tutorials
Do you use the HW Texture Pack? Who doesn't?

Last edited:

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
IGN: angryboy2k11
YouTube channel (if you have one): https://www.youtube.com/user/angryboy2k9
Video capture/editing software used: Varies. Serif Movieplus/Sony Vegas Pro mostly
Specialty: Short-lived notices of livestreams coming up that never happen *slow clapping noise at his own failure*
Any ideas: Want to make epic battle animations. Can't animate nor battle *cries*.
Do you use the HW Texture Pack? YUS! And Shaders. Shaders are nice!

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
IGN: Humpfries123
YouTube channel (if you have one): Humpfries123
Video capture/editing software used: Meh I can get whatever I need if you tell me what I need
Specialty: Showcasing Builds
Any ideas: A tour of Alteras Greatest wanders and landscape( because one of Alteras most attracting features is it's realistic Terrain in my view)
Nope, I use LB Photorealism

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Here's a flythrough video of a build:

In collaboration with a marketing effort, you could post this to sites like PMC, like I have with this video, and include info about the server. Click here to see the pmc post

I'll be adding it to MCF later.
I'm still looking for individuals who can produce very slick professional trailer like videos preferably using Camera Studio (see link below). No offence but someone running around a house set to music isn't really considered professional promotional material.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...64-standalone-modloader-forge-video-recorder/

My first ever video ...

Those camera tools weren't around when I did that but I managed my best to get the same sort of feel. I know its old now but it highlights the kind of effort I expect to see from really well done promotional videos.

I'm going to try and find time soon to do another using the Camera Studio mod.