Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Villager shop reset

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Good day,

I've got a problem with a villager shop.

I've set out 4 chest shops with my acc Dwarfp00f in Eventine.
They're all working fine, except for one.

Every time I log back in after a night's sleep, the shop that sells written books resets.
At first I selected the "Book shopkeeper" in the first selection menu. It worked for a while.
When it reset (doesn't sell any books cause no price indicated), I deleted the shop and changed it to a regular villagershop. That worked for a while, until it reset again.
So I just put in the new prices, after which it worked and then it reset again.
So I deleted the shop and put a new shop again, this time without naming the shopkeeper.
Today I found it reset again.

(at each reset I also put a new chest. I spawn the shopkeeper and the chest on the same block. They're both in the same plot)

Can someone help?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
How many Villager shops total are on the account? (Too many can potentially = issues)
How many entities are in the nearby area?

Villager shops have some instabilities, more info you have on the sitch, better I can assist.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
How many Villager shops total are on the account? (Too many can potentially = issues)
How many entities are in the nearby area?

Villager shops have some instabilities, more info you have on the sitch, better I can assist.
I have got four villager shops in the region.
I believe standard villager perms give you 4 shops to place.
If I want to place another shop, I get the message I cannot place any more (after having 4 shops active)
The villager is in the same situation (slabs and chair desk, block wall behind him) as the other shopkeepers.
There's a wolf outside one of the houses in the same proximity as it is to another shop that still works.
The reset seems to happen between logging off and on (during offline time), but I cannot confirm that yet since I didn't test that yet.
There's a large concentration of signs, rails and minecart-chests in the area, (yet the other shopkeepers seem to work fine).

Thank you!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
No idea who to tag, so I''ll just go ahead and tag Readij cause it is still resetting

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
We'll try to test a few things and figure out what's wrong. Could you give coordinates to the chest/NPC?

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
From what I can see:
- Normal type shopkeepers are not suppsed to get written books. When doing that, the cost gets reset everytime the plugin is reloaded (which means, every time the server restarts, at least). This is probably a bug since the shopkeeper still accepts to put books on sale...
- Using the Book type shopkeeper and putting Book&Quills in the chest seems to work better, no cost reset when reloading the plugin (at least not on the numerous times I've tried. Could be a 1 out of 100 bug too, who knows...?)

- There might be / possibly are bugs, but unfortunately we're using an outdated version of the plugin, which have since been updated many times, so I can't submit bug tickets to the developper until I'm sure these issues also occurs on the latest version.
- The latest version might not be compatible with Minecraft 1.8.x. I have to conduct a battery of tests on it first, to see if we can update to that version or not.
- If we can update, we will and I'll retest these issues again.

I'll keep you updated.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This is happening to me again. Both my shop in Storm's landing as well as Linlea;
I set the price of the three books to 5 emeralds. Then when I log out and log in the next day, it sells only 1 out of 3 books :/

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
I had a similar problem. It's been a while but I think I had to put something not for sale in the first slot of the chest or something like that.