Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming {Violent} [Public] Pushing Back Part I (October 1st, 3PM EST)

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet

- - - ✥✥ - - - ✥✥ - - - ✥✥ - - -

Pushing Back- Part I

It is said that the dead in the far south continue to build up as time goes by. In an effort to prevent
such a build up that we would lose our homes again, it is our duty to our people to unite and cut down
their numbers. We take the fight to them to keep the ones we care for safe.

Captain Winslow has been given the go ahead by Baron Crawford on leading expeditions to the southern coastlines to ensure long term safety for the realm. He calls for able men and women to join him on the docks of Storm's Landing in the coming days.

OOC:
I've decided to run a monthly event that provides those interested with a PvE experience similar to those
of the undead events in the old world. These events will all be based in the Sorrows, with a small
barricade that can be worked on by those involved the time prior to the 'attack'. I will be spawning in as
well as the naturally spawning in zombies. A warp will be provided at the time to a distant and
relatively isolated section of the Sorrows map. It will change each month.

Rules:
+ Any are welcome, but any deaths OOC are to be worked with. Each death means a roll of d20, and 8
or under get an injury that is classed as severe. Above, and it is a scratch or a bad knock/fall.
Rolls of one are a severe injury that puts you out of the fight and has a high chance of death.

+ Only iron armour and weapons are accepted (And leather armour). No diamond, and any
enchantments are to be regarded as something very minor and kept to yourself. I do not care
for enchantments, my apologies. Please don't PM me about them.

+ 'I have armour the bites don't get me' - We'll go with you're hurt somehow. Through the armour, a gap,
a stray bone or weapon accidentally stabs upward into a weakness, or you're partially crushed by the
weight of corpses and trampled. Let's be fair. It's not fun without risk.

〈 DATE AND TIME 〉
1st October.
3PM EST.

〈 CLASSIFICATION〉
Violent. Public.

〈 LOCATION 〉
The Sorrows.
(... : ) )

Last edited:

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
This is a commentary/aside, not precisely a critique, but just something I remark on, on seeing it again.

When enchantments, which have a lore basis and an In-character justification, and which many (Literally anybody with a table) characters are free to use, aren't allowed, it hurts my immersion deeply, and it is in fact the biggest reason I ignored every single one of these events, because the mechanics felt arbitrary and punishing and literally don't allow me to bring my character and have their decisions make sense.

Edit/Addendum 1:
The mechanics also basically say "We don't particularly care about any of the divine boon, artifact, or magic system stuff, it's all irrelevant to the event, so don't bother showing up with a character you've earned any progress on because it won't be relevant."

Which is fair enough to have as a position, but something to keep in mind nonetheless. Incorporating such into events properly is more challenging than not, but actual integration remains a goal to strive for.. and not likely one we'll ever reach.

Last edited:

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
This is a commentary/aside, not precisely a critique, but just something I remark on, on seeing it again.
You know elz added the part about any enchantments NOT considered IC, right?

On a side note, I'll unfortunately be working that day starting at 4pm cst, so I'll likely be unable to make it :(

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet

When enchantments, which have a lore basis and an In-character justification, and which many (Literally anybody with a table) characters are free to use, aren't allowed, it hurts my immersion deeply, and it is in fact the biggest reason I ignored every single one of these events, because the mechanics felt arbitrary and punishing and literally don't allow me to bring my character and have their decisions make sense.

Edit/Addendum 1:
The mechanics also basically say "We don't particularly care about any of the divine boon, artifact, or magic system stuff, it's all irrelevant to the event, so don't bother showing up with a character you've earned any progress on because it won't be relevant."

Which is fair enough to have as a position, but something to keep in mind nonetheless. Incorporating such into events properly is more challenging than not, but actual integration remains a goal to strive for.. and not likely one we'll ever reach.
I don't intend to prevent people using God boons or magic or artifacts, I did not say so, but when I'm PM'd a fair few times throughout the event with 'my sword can knock them away' 'does my smite do anything?' 'so can you set them on fire?' I get tired. It's overall a very simple event, and I've said if people want to use their enchanted weapons then they can keep it to themselves, as I just want no part of it. It's a very weird thing for event staff to say, yes, but I've my reasons and perhaps one day I won't think they're horrible to work with. I'll edit it to 'keep it to yourselves' and take out the part about them being not IC as the 'or' in there is confusing. My bad.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
*gets Mot Adler flashbacks* Only cowards use MC armor
That's also optional. A lot of people have more fun when there is no armour - And I agree. But the lags sometimes kills them so they need a bit of padding. :p

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
That's also optional. A lot of people have more fun when there is no armour - And I agree. But the lags sometimes kills them so they need a bit of padding. :p
This, very much this.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
What about PvPers crashing the party?

Also, what character or organization is heading up the event?

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet

I've never had that come up in a RP situation before, so.. I have no idea.
And something neutral. I'm not using my own chars/houses for this.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover

Presumably if you're coming to fight against other players, it'd be combat RP, not PvP in the sense that I imagine you're thinking.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Presumably if you're coming to fight against other players, it'd be combat RP, not PvP in the sense that I imagine you're thinking.
No, I mean actual PvP, like in the common sense, using in-game mechanics. It is the Sorrows, so it is technically allowed.