Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Violent] The Rogue's Hearth, Gambling Hall

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
cooltext208859612242743.png

-IC NEWS-

Timber, Beams, stones, and the all important hog's head "the Beast of Ashfen", sooty and stinking of smoke, are none the less being transported north in wagon upon wagon.

The lot of the mess being unloaded only a hours walk north of Storms Landing at the Crossroads

- EVENTS HELD AT THE Rogue's Hearth -
  1. The Rogue's Hearth Pit Fights
  2. Fel Bilworth's Eve, gambler's holiday
  3. The Riot of Rogue's Hearth
  4. Burning of the hearth
  5. The Fuvurian Take-over
  6. The Trial of Balatro Sage (Spark of the war of Wine and Snakes)

Last edited:

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
-Economy-
Gambling is the number one method of coin making in Rogue's Hearth. They bet on just about everything but the two most common are duels and politics. Its common and traditional to place a bet on who will become the next king- which faction will win the war- and how soon someone will be killed.

-Plants and animals-
RATS

RATS are a horrible problem in the areas in and around Rogue's Hearth. They are bold and unafraid of humans. They eat anything and everything and breed quickly. In summer they can be seen everywhere coming out of the Caves below the Hall Fleeing the heat...

And whatever else lives down in those caves.

MAGPIES

It is commonly said among the people of the Inn that even the birds of the Hearth want to rob you. Magpies, known for there affinity for shiny objects roost high among the many missing shingles of the roofs.

WORMWOOD

Wormwood bushes grow around the area common in the dryer and more sunlit areas around The Hall. The Practice of farming it isn't yet perfected but gathering the leaves for use in making the oil which in turn is used for absinthe isn't uncommon.
Stinging nettle

Nettles grow in large patches round the edge of the Hall. Mostly avoided other than when once a year or so they are pruned back so as to prevent them growing over the road.​

Last edited:

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Bal bab I didn't know Cedric was gonna be my competition in the medieval make-up industry

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Rogue's Hearth Coin

The Boar, Symbol of the Gambling hall is printed on a hammered golden coin. These coins can be exchanged for radiants by many of the Inns patrons. They are used in the various games and can be deposited into the Hopper rollute for a chance to win an emerald block and nonuple (x9) your money!

best part is this means you can OOC gamble in the hall without needing me to even be online.

(It is a named Item. Creating them to sell to my villagers constitutes
greifing.)

Rogue's Hearth Coin

The Boar, Symbol of the Gambling hall is printed on a hammered golden coin. These coins can be exchanged for radiants by many of the Inns patrons. They are used in the various games and can be deposited into the Hopper rollute for a chance to win an emerald block and nonuple (x9) your money!

best part is this means you can OOC gamble in the hall without needing me to even be online.

(It is a named Item. Creating them to sell to my villagers constitutes
greifing.)
Wicked cool idea. Well done.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff

Here is a shot of the now completely self operating and functional Hopper slots.

LYDEL ROULETTE
-
Drop in an emerald or a Rogue's Hearth coin (Won or bought at games around the gambling hall) for a chance to 9x that money. If you have a rogue's Hearth coin that you want to cash out one of the many gamblers around the hall (Villagers) can help you. 1 em = one RH coin.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
A few other shots of the hall for the curious.

hopefully Sankera will get some sexy ones for me with shaders and the works.

The entrance with the "Jax's Guardians"

Lots of shady private booths for shady private business.

"The beast of blackmarsh" A full grown bore head mounted above the hearth from which the Gambling hall gets it's name.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Updates-

The song at the top was actually what sparked the idea for the town. Also roads to come soon, The town is meant to be in the center of a cross roads so it's been hard to plan without… a cross roads...

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Lots of updates.

-Palaceades up,
-one of the 4 roads built. southward
- Outer buildings started
- Sewer and cesspool built

Easy to see from DYN map here