Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Vivi's App (Take two!) [Approved - Tiberione]

Vividiality

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Vividiality

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA!

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes indeed. (So much to know! I love it.)

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is taking information told to you while OOC and using it wrongly IC. Like a friend tells you a secret and you decide that since you know, your character knows. Which is very wrong. Powergaming is, in a nutshell, anime. Its RPing things that are both impossible and possibly lore in-compliant. Like trying to climb up a wall when you've got a broken leg and arm. Or saying you're an angel with super powers without any reference to the lore or permission from staff. Its just not happening.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Absolutely not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jinny sounds like she's nice.

8. Tell us about yourself!
Im a spunky redhead chick who loves to write, sing and cuddle with my three cats all day. I enjoy a wide range of music genre's, play lots of videogames (though not popular one because I live under a rock), and im hoping to get a medical degree and join the Air force one day. I've spent three years in the world of Roleplay, exploring criminal, commoner, magic, and noble RP as well as specifically honing my Combat RP to be as realistic as possible. Im also a huge lore nerd. I find half the fun of roleplay only comes when you understand the race you're playing. While I admit I can get over excited at times, I can proudly say i'm someone who strictly sticks to rules and is always looking to improve.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I do have some examples though i'm far too shy to show them. I only claim to be decent at what I do, and its nothing worth showing off.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found this lovely little server on a minecraft server list! I've been looking for a new RP home since my current one... leaves something to be desired.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.

Character Name:
Satear

Character Age:

Character Race:
Caparii

Appearance:
Satear is a Greathorn Caparii, coming to a full height of five feet and eleven inches. His hair and fur are pale blond, sometimes mistaken for white during the nighttime. His skin is pale, easily seen as he wears as little clothing as possible. Unlike many of his race his prefers to keep his face shaven and free of facial hair, instead growing his hair out till it falls past his shoulders and wraps around his neck. He has dark brown eyes and long curling horns that are only slightly lighter in shade.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
No skin just yet but here is a picture of what he looks like! (The only exception being that he has pale skin not literally white... unless thats possible. Also art is not mine.)
tumblr_ozkznreCHK1vjpz5uo1_500.png

Written Test!
Satear was born an oddball sort of Caparii. He was born a late bloomer, coming into the world far later then predicted, and was born as the beginning of winter fell upon the forests of his home. His parents believed the timing of his birth to be responsible for his pale coloration, but thought little of it after. Despite his unusual color, he was a perfectly normal Caparii and grew up to be healthy and just as boisterous as the rest of his generation.

While still a fairly average Caparii, as he grew older he did start to develop a certain uniqueness to himself that set him apart, not in any drastic way, but in smaller subtle hints. He grew to be very laid back and quiet, realizing shortly after reaching full maturity that there was much more to be heard when there was silence. While he still greatly takes pride in being a warrior and protector of his lands, he took a step further to just stop and enjoy the place he was protecting, giving him the appreciation to recognize that it wasn't just where he lived, it was his home. Because of this he doesn't talk much and prefers to listen, though is more then pleasant when finally he speaks up to add his own two cents. He has an overall gentle nature about him, never wishing to cause a ruckus and always willing to just go along with things. This often leads people to be surprised when he can suddenly step up and be a steadfast warrior should anything threaten himself and the people around him.

Being sixty-five, he is still fairly young by Caparii standards, and isn't the most skilled. However what skill he does have he puts into learning how to wield a staff. He never took well to the idea of a spear, seeing as a staff could just as easily incapacitate someone without drawing blood. He carries a staff with him at all times, doubling as both his weapon and his walking stick. He finds it to come in handy for many things outside of combat and feels that it accurately reflects who he is.

He spent many years longer in his forest home, taking up music during that time before curiosity of the outside world took him over. He did not wish to travel far, and sought out the closest civilization outside of the forest. In doing so his curiosity and fascination only grew, enjoying the strange new cultures and life. And while he still tends to believe his culture to be far better, he has a healthy respect for the ways of the other races that share the world with him.

One specific aspect of life especially caught his attention, and he found himself infatuated with the art of magic. Not the actual magic that inhabits this world, but instead slight of hand. Growing up, magic wasn't a foreign concept to Satear, however slight of hand was something that greatly caught his attention. It was one thing to use magic to accomplish your goals, but to have the skill to trick the naked eye was something he came to admire. He took it up as a hobby of his own and hopes to one day perform for people, however he is held back from admitting to this due to being rather self conscious about it. In order to further learn about the world and of performance "magic", he opted to stay in that city and make a life for himself, where he remains to this day.

Hope it all looks good!
-Vivi~

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dark Auras

Hello,

I enjoyed your application. As a note, you begin with a low skillset (Wielding a staff, for example) and will need to train that up in character, which seems to be understood anyways but I wanted to note.

I will also refer you to NIAH if you choose to go down the path of creating a Makani character in the future. She oversees the race, and I'm sure would be happy to answer any questions you have and help you get into that race, if you choose to in the future.

With all that being said,

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.