Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Void_the_Darkrai Application [Denied - Cukie1]

Warwolf Niah Solus

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Void_the_Darkrai

2. How old are you?
I am 17 years old at this point in time.

3. What country are you from?
I was born and raised in the United States.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Powergaming is when one person ignores the environment and story to progress their own goals.

Metagaming is when one person breaks the rules of the established universe.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Snerus

8. Tell us about yourself!
My favorite type of music is heavy metal. I love lizards, and hope to have a leopard gecko by November. I play Overwatch on xbox, and am a Mercy main. I dye my hair red (it's the one color I don't need to bleach for,) but I hope to switch it up a bit in the future. I am a cosplayer, and am currently working on one for Imp Mercy. I'm still a Homestuck in the year of 2017.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Yes, although I'm not sure if it will fit.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Sea_of_Fog, also known as Sankera.

Character Name:
Kalanei

Character Age:

Character Race:
Makani

Appearance:
Kalanei is a YaVei. She looks a barn owl, if a barn owl stood on two legs and had arms. She stands at 5'3", and although it is not relevant to appearance, her short height is matched by her even shorter temper. Her eyes are a dark brown, almost black.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I don't have one, sorry.

Written Test!
How did it come to this?

At one point, it had been - well, not fine, but acceptable. Truly, it had. Sure, there were famines, but it was the Will of Manna. He brought the famine for a reason. To make his children stronger? To punish them for some misstep? Perhaps the A'keiyah knew, and perhaps they didn't. But Manna did these things for a reason.

But this? This was not the work of a god who loved his children and wanted them to be strong. No, this was a divine punishment at best, proof of abandonment at worst. But why would Manna abandon them? Kalanei would love to sit and think about it (not really), but right now, there were more important things. Like not losing her mind in this... "estate". And yet all she had were her thoughts.

The groundlings had rescued them - they had most likely sensed the superiority of these Makani in front of them. Or perhaps this was normal for groundlings. Unlikely, as they were said to destroy all they touched. And yet they had given the Makani refuge. She could hear Father's words now. To give in, to doubt belief, is to fail. Oh, Father would have been livid with the current situation. Forced to rely on those beneath them? Now, Kalanei would be lying if she said she didn't despise this turn of events. But at least she could tolerate it - had Father not joined Manna years before, he most certainly would have refused to leave the sunken remains of Vata'inu. So really, either way she would be left without a family. That's fate for you.

And now here she was, doing simple jobs for a groundling of all things. Was it male? Female? Who knew! Did groundlings even have genders? She didn't know, and she wasn't sure she wanted to find out. From overhearing conversations, she could gather that it MIGHT have been a male? Maybe? She was still learning Common. All on her own, might she add. Never mind that she would refuse help if they asked her (which they hadn't). It was awful. She had no idea what was going on half the time, and when she thought she might have an idea, there was always a chance that she was wrong. And half of these groundlings didn't speak nearly loud enough. Seriously, how was she supposed to hear? Not everyone had those weird flaps on the side of their heads! So not only were groundlings inconsiderate, but they also looked weird. It was disgusting, and in any other situation, she would have gotten as far away as possible.

But this wasn't any other situation. Vata'inu had crashed, and her race was in gratitude to the most disgusting creatures in the world.

Sometimes she wished the crash had killed her.

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Give me a moment to look over

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
A few things to look over:
- metagaming and powergaming definitions need to be separate, please define the two
- Makani are a closed species, meaning you'll have to submit the character to lore team and Niah for approval. I cannot accept one in a whitelist.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I appreciate your interest in using a makani as your first character! However, you need to pass the whitelist before we can delve into doing a makani. I would recommend using a standard race/character in your application, to start with. Once you get whitelisted and get a feel for our server with a regular character, then send me an application for a makani in the future. (This isn't a no, because it's a good test! But you just gotta get whitelisted and get used to our server before I can review a special race application.)

:)

You can use the edit button to make adjustments for your new character and then Cukie can review it as a mentor. Just reply here after you've made the change.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I'm gonna need you to revise powergaming and metagaming once more, along with creating a new character as I cannot allow a Makani, as stated by Niah

D

Dark Auras

Cukie1 Since you were handling this- Its been a long time now? I don't want to step on toes though!

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
The application is denied due to inactivity. You're free to try again.