Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Vote on Anhald's Fair Frequency

Should our fairs (the jousts, melee, feasts, etc) be bi-weekly or monthly?

• Monthly (explain why)

Votes: 40 88.9%
  • Bi-Weekly (explain why)

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Voted for Bi-Weekly, just because I feel like a whole month is a long time to wait for gatherings. Arguably it gives more time to prepare and make the celebrations more interesting- but I'm still feeling my choice.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
You don't want to over do it and make it boring, I had this issue when I was doing weekly masses way back then. I found they got dry quickly to those attending them, and therefore, the attendance went out.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Like I said in the other post - bi weekly is simply too frequent, would occupy too many important dates and would be rather samey.

Given a month, we could significantly revamp the entire tourney area in Reignfall for example into a fancy open-air ballroom and therefore have an entirely different event waiting.

Also they're a pain to set up an run, as much fun as I had.

EDIT:

There is no reason we cannot host smaller private events in the intervening time. I am particularly interested in a diplomatic meeting of all the heads of state and their aides, to discuss whatever.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Monthly is more likely regardless of votes purely b/c I've got big plans for other Anhald events too.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Bi-weekly seems like it would be a hell of a lot of work for the group of folk putting it on (and now that's already been mentioned above). I assume the events of the festivals are going to be more-or-less repetitive throughout each one, so on that hand, it alleviates any would-be pressures of "what do we do for this next one?" On the other hand, it also means that such a high frequency of hosting could make people grow bored of them quicker and they eventually become dull. Monthly can also mean looking into various ways to differentiate them with alternating host locations, addition of other events/games, etc. so they feel fresh each time.

Edit: Jak basically said the same thing as me in the other thread.
I think monthly will work best. Bi-weekly would rapidly become boring imo, and within the space of a month we could come up with new ways to improve the event.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Monthly- It gives a good break between, and things like this spur others on to create fairs and such, but over-saturating it with the same thing too often can get dull real quick. It was hard enough helping plan the Noble's Ball when someone was busy, and we only really had one or two that went through. If you want to do something Bi-Weekly, I recommend alternating between types of fair events, such as balls, jousts, bazaars, festivals

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I was set on monthly myself, but I am a MAN OF THE PEOPLE so I decided a poll wouldn't hurt :)

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
sunday means work and school the next day, which means going to bed early + coming into conflict with timezones, as sunday for someone is monday for someone else

it's also more common for folks to work on sundays and also some folks have church

Landem

Lord of Altera
You're gonna get tired of it real quick if it's bi-weekly. From experience, once a month is more than enough.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I'd even suggest every two months instead of once a month. Best to avoid burnout for event runners and attendees if it's going to be regularly scheduled.