Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Vsur's whitelist application [Approved - Charybdis]

Vsur

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Vsur

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Powergaming is sing overpowered skill that your character doesn’t have in order to win roleplay. Metagaming is using out of character information to effect in character events for your own benefit.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am 20 years old. I enjoy drawing -mostly faces- and sometimes singing. I love dogs and had two pit bulls name Oreo and Buddy, who no longer live with me in the same household. Some day I hope to get a Pug, and name him Cloud. I used to write stories. The genre being either horror or adventure. I would write in random pages of my notebooks and soon posted some on wattpad, but I never found the motivation to make myself finish due to them being all over the place and cringe - so I eventually stopped writing all together. I might start writing again. I enjoy building in minecraft. The most I have ever done was medieval style homes.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
https://vsur.smugmug.com/

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was looking up rp servers and found this one.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Arkas

Character Age:

Character Race:
Halfling

Appearance:
Arkas is pale, freckles littered across his nose. His light auburn hair is usually messy and short, never letting it go past the nape of his neck. A mirror to the sky might as well be the name for his eyes. They are either as deep as the blue sky or as grey as the storm clouds rolling in. His usual apparel is a baggy blue wool sweater tucked into his pants, a belt holding them up. You would either catch him with or without his black boots.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
2019-01-08_14.55.11.png2019-01-08_14.55.21.png

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

We ran through the meadows and up the hill. A large tree and boulder sitting right at the top. Our little venture away from the caravans for the first time in a few weeks thrilled us. I picked up a large branch and held it up like a sword. Charging to a boulder about ten times my size. I lifted the large branch above my head to strike the boulder and did so until the tip of the branch's bark was shaven clean off. Others saw what I was doing and picked their own branches. Their were now twelve of us defeating this beast. I decided to stop striking an climb up on top. Looking down at the others play laugh and roar was refreshing. About twenty four of us had ran up to this hill to play, the others still being babies and toddlers stay with their mums. My best friends Firay and Telin climbed up a couple seconds after me giggling. Their stick swords till in hand. We sat up upon that boulder telling each other the stories and jokes we heard from the grownups. Firay and Telin being twins occasionally spoke for each other or saying a single word in sequence. "Look at what grandpaa made for me Arkas!" Firay exclaimed loudly. She struggled to pull something from her front pocket in her cross-legged position. She finally pulled out a small flute sticking it into the air. "Vualà!" There was a beautifully carved embroidery covering the entire flute. The head was flat while the end was rounded, four holes going straight across. "Whoa.. Can you play it?" I asked in absolute awe at how beautiful the flute looked.

"Of course I can!" She stuck the flute in between her light pink lips and blew into it, swaying to the tune she blew. The noises that came out of the flute were so horrid I contemplated on whether or not I should fall off the boulder. "AH! Give me that, you can't even play it right!" Telin snatched the flute out of her hand and Firay let out a whiny hey in response. He then stuck the flute to his lips and began to blow. The noise was just as horrid as it was when his sister played. Firay grabbed for the flute and they began tugging at it back and forth. "You play it much worse!" She yelled and he stuck his tongue out in response. Watching the two mirrored red heads fight over the flute was just so amusing I couldn't hold it in any longer. I let out a small chuckled which then turned into a full rumble of laughter. They both stopped to look at me with their big deep green forest eyes, their eyebrows launched up and their lips starting to go upturned as they too began to chuckle along with me. Once we settled down Firay pocketed her flute and stood up looking at the sky. The sun was just over the horizon now the sky changing from blue to a light orange and pink. "I think it's time to head back now-

I woke up lying in bed. That memory still reoccurring, and now in my dreams. It had been eleven years now since then and I am twenty now. How vivid such a memory could be is ridiculous. I heard clucking right in my ear and slowly turned my head to find an orange beak and two beaded black eyes staring back as me. The chickens small head just peaking over the bedding. I chuckled to myself at how cute it was and turned my body to em. "How are you today Fen?" I whispered, reaching my head over and scratching just under her beak. She closed her eyes and clucked in response. I sat up in bed right after stretching the horrible memories with this new day. The rain pattering on the roof of our caravan was a calming sound. And today I get to travel into the city. A blessing given to me by the Cilpen. We gathered enough mushrooms to last a year and can make a bit of coin selling it off. Hopefully it goes well as made sure she chose me as I jumped in front of Telin before he could offer himself to go on the trip. I stuck my boots on and picked up Fen as we headed downstairs. Music and the smell of a delicious mushroom stew filled my senses.

Current Setting of the Server:

For days, it rained. The coasts were battered by bolstered waves, and the fields turned to lakes that could swallow a caravan. For some, it was an omen.

The evil promises came true. As the storms slipped back out to sea and the sun's auburn hues could again be seen rising over the horizon, something dark crept out from the cavern depths. A dangerous, and mysterious plague gripped Altera by ferocious surprise. At first, it was studied in quite isolation by academics, but soon it became clear that this was no mere curse of nature. Plague beasts, monstrous mutated abominations, stormed research facilities, escalating the situation into a full scale struggle. Across the lands, people became displaced from their homes as monster and plague altered their way of life.

The lands of Altera are poised in dire straits, but there is hope. The sun still shines, and opportunities for glory grow like tentative vines. All over, people are fighting, innovating and living in spite of the darkness below. Will you join them?

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hello, thanks for applying. Your application looks good, but I'd like to ask you shorten your written test a bit--while it is impressive and well written, the minimum is only 400 words and 1,000 should be more than plenty for a maximum. Please reply to this thread when you'd like me to have another look. Thanks.

Vsur

Villager
Hello, thanks for applying. Your application looks good, but I'd like to ask you shorten your written test a bit--while it is impressive and well written, the minimum is only 400 words and 1,000 should be more than plenty for a maximum. Please reply to this thread when you'd like me to have another look. Thanks.
Thank you for your reply! I have shortened the written test. :D

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Very nice writing! Please note we're currently fiddling with the server a bit, so if there are any issues in the next few days with your perms being rolled back, please just direct an online mentor or staff to this thread so they know to re-whitelist you.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+