Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Warlord2468's Application [Declined - Niko]

warlord2468

Loyal Servant of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Warlord2468
2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes I have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Powergaming is where a player is too overpowered or is using their abilities in a unfair way
Metagaming is where someone takes a OOC thing in chat and uses it in IC
BOTH ARE NOT ALLOWED!!!
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
no and it is considered a form of hacking which is a bannable offence

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
223hero7
8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a gaming lover from hell I love animals and I adore being friendly and being respected.
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I am somewhat of a builder but my ideas seem to go somewhere else.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
no I found this in Minecraftplanet and wish to learn how to play a RP Minecraft server
Characters begin with basic skills and gear
. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum.

Character Name:
John Wilson

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Red hair, crystal blue eyes, White skin, wears green and golden armor, and has a sort of breaded beard

Written Test!
Born as a village blacksmith's boy he trained under the village guards and learned how to crate weapons and armor that was until the Moor Elves attacked and started a war with Human kind and attacked his village. the people fought back as bravely as possible but they were no match to the elves, his father Henry Wilson told John to run to the back of the village far away from elves. since that battle John has wandered the lands learning new skills until he stumbled on a Royal Knight named Knight Gerald of the holy alliance. He picked up John and trained him for years on end to master the blade. They have both fought in many great battles until one fateful day where in one battle the battle for Highman Rock overlooking the shore both the Royal Knight and John was separated, John got knocked out and fell off the cliff into the water where a priest of the temple picked him up and carried him to a nearby temple there they striped him of his armor and weapons and left him there, This is where the real story of John begins....

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hello there, thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to Hollowworld. Before we continue, there are several things in your application that need to be addressed.

- Your powergaming definition is a tad vague. I suggest going into the Roleplay Survival Guide and scrolling down to the Powergaming section in which there is our server's definition along with several examples.

- Your About Me section needs to be about five sentences. We use this section to gauge how well you would adjust to the community and what you have in common with many of us.

- Characters can only start off with at most leather armor or a gambeson. They cannot start off with plate or chainmail. We do this because it is far more fun to gain these items through roleplaying and interacting with different characters on the server rather than just starting off with them.

- Unfortunately your written test is only 197/400 words long. We look for at least 400 words because it shows that our applicants are capable of telling a story. Also, your test focuses mostly on fighting. The point of the written test is not to see how well your character can fight, but how well you showcase your character's personality and how well you can tell a story. I suggest that you choose a different scene within the backstory of your character to write about in your written test.

- Speaking of your test, it is fine to introduce villages and small towns in your test, but larger events such as a race war between Moor Elves and Humans or a player organization such as the "Holy Alliance" cannot be introduced in the setting via backstory. At most, you can write small towns or villages into existence.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to make an application to our server and I look forward to looking over this application once more.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
"I'm sorry, but your application has failed to meet the criteria listed in the application template and has been declined. Please carefully read and follow all the instructions to pass the application test."

This has been declined for inactivity, feel free to reapply whenever you wish.