Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Warp Highlight!

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
What is Warp Highlight?
It's a special free warp point that will be set in one town every month. Due to the high maintenance of the warp point, per month is a lot easier on the staff.

What are the requirements?
1. Your town must be connected via the DockMasters or StableMasters, see these threads for the requirements of the Dock or Stable Masters:
DockMasters
StableMasters

1. a. The warp point will not be placed in a Violent town, sorry!

2. The town must have a town thread with a specified Peaceful or Moderate tag.
>>Check Region RP Classifications here<<
>>Altera Settlements threads here<<

3. The town must be common knowledge of where it is and how to get there. (Otherwise the warp point wouldn't make sense-)

4. Must be an active town with obvious activity, too many incomplete buildings (No furniture in every building) will mean it wont be chosen.

5. Must be easily RP ready. Immersive.

6. Must host at least one event.

How is the town chosen?
This warp point will be placed on the first of every month.

These are the guidelines:

Event
- A town hosting an event will go into a raffle, the winner of the raffle gets a +1

Town Thread
Quality:
- How appealing is the thread upon first glance?
- Is there a good ratio of screenshots/pictures vs text?
- Does the town thread display members or information about buildings?
- Providing a negative point for when the thread has things that need fixing.

Showcase
- A +1 will be added if a town participates in the Showcase build census.

There are no extra points for hosting events that require staff assistance and I realize that these guidelines does mean that staff towns can be chosen (As it should be fair to everyone).

Sometimes the town selected will depend on a simple dice roll.

Can a town win the warp point more than once in a row?
Certainly, I like to reward activity and initiative!

Winners:
November: Thiil
December: The Grey Isle/Grafjell
January: Thiil
February: Silverwatch
March: Azerport
April: Tambry
May: Tambry
June: Tambry
July: Azerport
August: Myrneth
September: Grafjell/The Grey Isle
October: Feeel
November:
December:

Last edited:

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Added stuff to requirements, towns must be active and immersive.

Added more to requirements, towns must host an event to be in the draw for a warp, I'm not gonna go through 3 pages of towns every month :I.

Last edited:

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
So, is it just chosen at random from the towns that can qualify, or do we put a sort of application

Edit: or just even put down the name of the town

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
So, is it just chosen at random from the towns that can qualify, or do we put a sort of application

Edit: or just even put down the name of the town
WELL-

First I check the Organized events section and find all the events (this month) that hosted an event and required NO staff assistance (God summonings wont count towards the total +points) and check which towns they were done in. Then I check the town for other important information, which is in the check-list I wrote above:

1. Is the town connected to a Dock or Stable Master? +1
2. Has this town hosted public events without staff assistance/commands? +1
3. What classification is the town? (No violent towns-)
4. What does the town thread look like? + points for Screenshots and organization.
5. How active is the town? (+ points for regular RP and full houses)

So I will be visiting the towns (OOCly, and probly using staffle commands-) to check the full houses thing.

I didn't list in above, but I have every intention of allowing a town to win multiple times in a row, because if a town keeps trying that hard then I see no reason not to reward that~

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Oh- and I'll list all the towns (That hosted events-) and how many points they got, so hopefully they'll be more competition to fix things up and host more player events :p

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
{Moderate} (Grafjell) The Grey Isle

Town thread
Organization +1 (Although I would recommend spacing out the text a bit, it's getting like a wall.)
Screenshots +1 (Please fix these though, they're all broken)

Hosted two events with no staff assistance +2
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/preaching-of-the-grey-lady-i.30631/

Total: 3

{Peaceful} Thiil

Town thread
Organization +1
Screenshots +1

Event +1
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/festival-of-pages.30625/

Total: 3

{Moderate} Azerport

Town thread
No points awarded. (I think it could be better organized, and the green text needs to be toned down ;_; )
Screenshots - None

Event +1
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-first-step-the-official-coronation-of-tybalt-rhett.30467/

Total: 1

{Moderate} Le Havre (No.. town thread?)
Event +1
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/event-bombastic-booze-bonana.30472/

Total: 0 (unless there's a town thread, then it's 1 )

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
For November, the /warp highlight will be set in Grafjell (The Grey Isle), although I wont count those screenshots as existing if they're not fixed by next month.

(This warp will be available soonish)

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Oh~! @Estes241

To be fair, one of the events, the day of departing, was indeed a summons. No staff assistance was given, but I read summons weren't counted. Apologies that it wasn't written on the thread. ><

That would put the Isle to 3-

Last edited:

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Oh~! @Estes241

To be fair, one of the events, the day of departing, was indeed a summons. No staff assistance was given, but I read summons weren't counted. Apologies that it wasn't written on the thread. ><

That would put the Isle to 3, I believe-
Wait- did a god actually attend it though? xD ( imean god account)

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
(The Roll spam was to make sure I was getting random numbers because sometimes I don't trust it-, I was testing a normal Roll and 20 sided, 20 has a better chance of randomness, yes yes)

2014-11-01_12.18.40.png
2014-11-01_12.21.45.png

So despite my previous post- it looks like thiil's got it xD (Staff are free to check my logs if they want to, sorry for the roll spam, I had a bit too much fun with it-)

I think next time there's a draw I'm gonna used /roll 99d999 for laughs >_>

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Ahh, been meaning to fix that town thread~ my writing and organization skills back then.... Yikes! Thanks for the tips~

223hero7

Lord of Altera
The event that would be a +1 for Le Havre would be the "Lavoyard Millitary drill," as a God did indeed show up to the Booze Bonanza (Jishrim), and that event in particular did not actually take place in Le Havre.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
How often can a town be a warp point? For example sake, could Thiil be a warp point again in the future, if we do well in the rankings? Or is it more like, once you become a warp point, you're taken out of the running for a while?