Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished +We Do As He Desires+ [Private] {April 18th}

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Wait is the world becoming hollow a thing? Or is it just a clever pun?
Clever pun. I don't know jack about the worlds problems ICly or OOCly frankly but the point stands, a god that stands for people fighting for their own virtues and ideals seems pretty reasonable.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
If we're doing technically, then you should know it was the intention of the lore team at the time of Grief's death/Pantheon reform to make the gods into villains. All the gods with the exception of Silas and Vermella would, if they could, subjugate human nature to create dull automatons trudging through perfect, monstrous worlds built to the absolute glory of that God.

Silas & Vermella aren't bad because their vision is just the current world but with a bit less bloodshed.
I see no issue with this

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
None of yall have brought up Crusade but there you can fight for your values for eternity. World without end isn't bad, probably couldn't go hollow either.
Counterpoint: It's a world without any form of peace. Everyone, everywhere, can be violently torn apart and murdered at any moment. There is no rest or relief, only a tortured, endless existence of the horror of war where the weapons don't kill you before you realize how badly maimed you are, and how far your guts have been spread.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
that aside, can we just focus on the fact this is an event being started by a person and what their character chooses to do IC is their choice?
Personally, I'm all for worship of any god, active worship like this helps the world seem like a more functioning place

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
I might be wrong, and this isn't intended to be a political statement or anything, but isn't a lot of (EDIT: MEDIEVAL CULTIST) religion based around fear of god(s) anyway? It doesn't seem that far-fetched to me that a group could convince themselves that worshipping Skraag is the right path to prevent another catastrophic event happening again; regardless of whether they are 'evil' or not. Then all they have to do is get some convincing preachers, and sooner or later there'd be a cult following.

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I might be wrong, and this isn't intended to be a political statement or anything, but isn't a lot of religion based around fear of god(s) anyway? It doesn't seem that far-fetched to me that a group could convince themselves that worshipping Skraag is the right path to prevent another catastrophic event happening again; regardless of whether they are 'evil' or not. Then all they have to do is get some convincing preachers, and sooner or later there'd be a cult following.

Afaik (take this with a grain of salt) trend towards fear is becoming less and less prominent in major religions as newer generations take up the fold of theology (Catholicism, less Orthodox Jewish sects, mainstream Islam, Buddhism, etc) , it is definitely more prominent within fundamentalist and radical groups.

Nowadays, most mainstream religions are just about finding peace and finding one’s relationship with whatever deity/deities/energy/etc is featured in one’s faith.

But yes, the aspect of fear does make sense- especially from a Middle Ages standpoint, where people were a bit more (retrospectively thinking) backwards. That was usually due to political scheming within the religion, not necessarily the religion itself. Anyways tl;dr- yes.

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
more prominent within fundamentalist and radical groups.

from a Middle Ages standpoint, where people were a bit more (retrospectively thinking) backwards.
This was a better way of putting it, yessir

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
like all my events i some how schedule when i work, this will be pushed back until an appropriate date.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Should be able to drop by tomorrow, sure