Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished +We Do As He Desires+ [Private] {April 18th}

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic

Whilst the mindless fight their petty wars, we must continue to be ever reverent to our savior. They shall not shake us, not him. On this evening, we ask for guidance.
Elz Lannis Vincentius

Last edited:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
No for real this Skraag worship thing is weird. Dude lobs undead at Altera to the degree it gets abandoned and people like him?

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
No for real this Skraag worship thing is weird. Dude lobs undead at Altera to the degree it gets abandoned and people like him?
Interestingly enough it's been addressed and excused ICly, trust me, hours of debating has been done.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Sometimes characters are evil
There's evil and there's dumb. There's no innate advantage to worshipping a dude who prefers meat puppets to thinking people.

Do evil properly: start a church of a good God and manipulate it into evil acts. See: the church of the god of order and aristocracy, which burns people alive

Scardrac

Felsummer
There's evil and there's dumb. There's no innate advantage to worshipping a dude who prefers meat puppets to thinking people.

Do evil properly: start a church of a good God and manipulate it into evil acts. See: the church of the god of order and aristocracy, which burns people alive
I agree with your point, but during the corruption campaign, Skraag was depicted as a good guy with a spooky aesthetic. He appeared with no ill intent, despite his ideals and doctrines. After that campaign, most worship was based on looks, attitude, etc. People wanted to know what cool abilities and artifacts each god had, and to see what cool things they could do. In my opinion, it really softened up the pantheon. Ignis worship became the way it was when I introduced monotheism in attempt to get Harateth back. The campaign didn't end the way it should have, as we were told, so Ignis worship was crafted around getting power for the god instead of from it.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I agree with your point, but during the corruption campaign, Skraag was depicted as a good guy with a spooky aesthetic. He appeared with no ill intent, despite his ideals and doctrines. After that campaign, most worship was based on looks, attitude, etc. People wanted to know what cool abilities and artifacts each god had, and to see what cool things they could do. In my opinion, it really softened up the pantheon. Ignis worship became the way it was when I introduced monotheism in attempt to get Harateth back. The campaign didn't end the way it should have, as we were told, so Ignis worship was crafted around getting power for the god instead of from it.
One can argue that Skraag has been the single most effective evil god by forcing the voyage. He may not have direct ill intent, but actions speak louder than words.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
One can argue that Skraag has been the single most effective evil god by forcing the voyage. He may not have direct ill intent, but actions speak louder than words.
The general IC excuse is that all the gods were weak and Skraag lost control of the undead.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
The general IC excuse is that all the gods were weak and Skraag lost control of the undead.
Yet another reason to not worship him then, unless it's being done as some kind of self-sacrificial way to power him up to keep the undead away.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
Yet another reason to not worship him then, unless it's being done as some kind of self-sacrificial way to power him up to keep the undead away.
Kind-of, it's also being done in a way to make him more powerful.
also liches are cool.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
This reasoning can be applied to all Gods.

I mean, Shalherana is supposed to be a "good God". But all she wants is more and more living things, she doesn't care if they have immense suffering and pain. Just check out her profile.

You say to do evil right and manipulate "good God" worship for bad things. Technically, the Guardians of Immortality are all about doing "good" right and manipulating the worship of a "bad God" for good things.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend

I mean, Shalherana is supposed to be a "good God". But all she wants is more and more living things, she doesn't care if they have immense suffering and pain. Just check out her profile.

You say to do evil right and manipulate "good God" worship for bad things. Technically, the Guardians of Immortality are all about doing "good" right and manipulating the worship of a "bad God" for good things.
Aren’t they making a giant skeleton mech for Skraag? (Which I feel shouldn’t even be able to work- growing flowers is one thing, making giant mechs is another) I’m sorry but that doesn’t sound like anything that can be intentioned for good xD

A skeleton god makes undead people which kill everyone or forces them to move > that sounds pretty logical in terms of an assumption.

But hey~ just bc it’s not my cup of tea doesn’t mean it can’t be someone else’s. :)

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
Aren’t they making a giant skeleton mech for Skraag? (Which I feel shouldn’t even be able to work- growing flowers is one thing, making giant mechs is another) I’m sorry but that doesn’t sound like anything that can be intentioned for good xD

A skeleton god makes undead people which kill everyone or forces them to move > that sounds pretty logical in terms of an assumption.

But hey~ just bc it’s not my cup of tea doesn’t mean it can’t be someone else’s. :)
again, ic interpretation

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Honestly I'm down for this. If everyone followed the same 3 Gods, there wouldn't be point to our Pantheon. And it's something different! Yeah, dude might be bad, or he's good and just lost control. But point is that it's something!

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
another thing to think of, what about followers trying to spread the word of skraag because they thought that being turned undead was a good thing, but wanted to get others to see the light, or maybe they think that they have to prove themselves first rather than just throw themselves at undead, thus they prove themselves in this life so that they can become undead after they pass on? For them, being undead could be a form of enlightenment. That aside, if they wanna worship Skraag, that's on them, there've been characters that make 'stupid' decisions before IC and I never question them because that's what their character would do. I've done much the same with Roy and Gregor and Emeric when I've played them, I've made purposely dumb decisions because it fit the character and their beliefs.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff

If we're doing technically, then you should know it was the intention of the lore team at the time of Grief's death/Pantheon reform to make the gods into villains. All the gods with the exception of Silas and Vermella would, if they could, subjugate human nature to create dull automatons trudging through perfect, monstrous worlds built to the absolute glory of that God.

Silas & Vermella aren't bad because their vision is just the current world but with a bit less bloodshed.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
If we're doing technically, then you should know it was the intention of the lore team at the time of Grief's death/Pantheon reform to make the gods into villains. All the gods with the exception of Silas and Vermella would, if they could, subjugate human nature to create dull automatons trudging through perfect, monstrous worlds built to the absolute glory of that God.

Silas & Vermella aren't bad because their vision is just the current world but with a bit less bloodshed.

None of yall have brought up Crusade but there you can fight for your values for eternity. World without end isn't bad, probably couldn't go hollow either.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
None of yall have brought up Crusade but there you can fight for your values for eternity. World without end isn't bad, probably couldn't go hollow either.
Wait is the world becoming hollow a thing? Or is it just a clever pun?