Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Weird-uncommon weapons used in history but absent in RP

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
So I know this is a big point of pride for the CRP players of Hollowworlds population, Knowledge of 15-16th century combat and realism. And wail poking around in the save one post two thread I came upon a picture.. this one.

Which led me down a hole chasing anything I could about the polearm called a "Mancatcher" It is really interesting and one of those weird things that happened in history.

Which brings me here. What other Weird Weapons, Devices, and other equipment was around back then? we all know the obvious stuff lets talk about the impractical, short lived, or uncommon ones and if they are feesable to bring into RP. Im doing this for the benefit of variety of Crp as a whole but mostly to learn something for myself with as little research as possible.

Feel free to tag people in this thread who could contribute something interesting to the dialog.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
mancatchers are really hard to use properly in a CRP setting and aren't 'cool', which is why you won't see anyone using them

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
A lot of the wacky weapons I know about are from the Far East- like that one stretchy, slinky-looking sword in India.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil

a parrying dagger with notches to trap the edges of blades so you could yank your wrist and arm real hard to disarm an opponent

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop

a parrying dagger with notches to trap the edges of blades so you could yank your wrist and arm real hard to disarm an opponent
sword breakers and parrying daggers are always a fun time.

I like lantern shields.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
i slings but i think everyone underestimates the damage slings do because hobbits use them. hurling a tiny lead ball at ur cranium with the force to DENT STEEL!