Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Weland | The Smith

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

"Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire
man stole only one from the gods. Fire. And
with it, man forged his will upon the world."

Currently 'Honey-Mooning' with Fjorlief and Leila, on baby watch.

Name:
Weland Bjornsteid-Eldsvart:
Weland, pronounced like "Veyland" with the last name Bjornsteid, which is not common knowledge to him, due to a long time without hearing it. He has since taken the name Eldsvart from marriage.

Nicknames/Past Names in Order
-Wetland (By Lord Castain’s daughter, Marissa)
-Smith's son! (By most in the camps)
-Cheeseball (By Fjorlief)

Title(s):
-Smith

Birthday: Sometime in Winterfest

Race: Half blooded, his father’s blood being that of the Norvagen’s and his mother’s blood being that of a Northern human.

Voice:
He carries a Norvagen accent, though a lighter than many who live in the isle of Avanor. His voice is that compared to Ragnar from vikings, just more cold/neutral, link provided, caution for spoilers from the recent season.

Profession:Blacksmith, focused on the crafting of weapons and tools, not touching the area of armour.

Sexuality: Straight

Height:
6’0

Weight: 165 pounds

Homeland: Old Stormhaldt!

Current Home: Myrneth, between the Eldsvart family home and the smithy.

+ A P P E A R A N C E +

Build: Strong and bulky, from years of crafting tools and other labor from his father leading him from place to smith, usually with bands of traveling warriors of the south or hopping from southern warcamp to war camp, whenever the work was.

Hair: Orange, kept cut at a length that just covers his ear, usually forced out of his face or tied away from his face in a tight ponytail to keep from enlightening his hair on flame. If he were to somehow be invited to something more formal, it’d be pushed completely out of his face and kept in a tight ponytail.

Eyes: Green dark like a pine needle.

Skin: Pale

Identifying Marks:
+Marks on his back from being flogged for ‘involvement’ with Lord Castain’s daughter.

+ C L O T H I N G +
Simple clothes when smithing, leather apron and a sleeveless linen shirt under it with a simple leather belt. But when traveling or not smithing, he wears leathers a light tanned colour shirt and underpants with simple boots, quite built up from time on the road.

Prized Possessions:
- His Wedding Ring

Weaponry

Seax Dagger:
Made for his side, this tool was often used in Norse way of life as both a tool, and a sidearm for war. Weland’s Seax is made with a hilt of horn painted black with a leather sheath for it, worn usually on his hip or on the belt just above his rear.
Overall Length: 14 ¼”
Weight: 11.3 oz
Thickness 4.0 - 3.3 mm​

Hygiene: He baths and cleans whenever he can, having a home with a bath aiding in such.

Intelligence: Average

Languages: Common

Habits:
+Quiet; Weland is a naturally quiet person who may take a bit of work to get words out of, but one may find he is much more verbal and enjoyable once he is comfortable with a person.
+Focus; Devoted to his profession, talking to Weland while he is smithing may be something unadvised, as said person may have to wait a few minutes to simply get a reply.

Weaknesses:
+His Quiet Nature

Fears:
+Noblemen/Southern Lords; Weland fears men of power such as those commonly found in the South, due to his experience with Lord Castian.
+Southerners; Weland holds a fear of southerners due to the nature he found of them in his time traveling, fearing what they could do.

+ F A V O U R I T E S +

Place: Old Stormhold

Pastime: Hunting, though not a often pasttime.

Food: Smoked Salmon

Drink: Raspberry Ale

Colour: Green

Animal: Timber Wolf

+L E A S T F A V O U R I T E S+

Place: Southern Cities, those that are walled and busy.

Pastime: Reading

Food: Southern foods

Drink: Wine

Colour: Purple, due to the use of it in the Banner of Turia and Lavoyard.

Animal: Lions, used a symbol in the south for false hope and bravery.

Personality:
Quiet at first, devoted to his work and even seen as a bit.. shy at first until the person makes further attempts at getting to know him. This due to him being use to only being contacted for work and never much for casual interaction. Once he is comfortable he is much kinder and well spoken for himself, perhaps with a light, jesting nature.

Religion or Cults: The Path; "Fire by ice, love by hate, life by death, kindness by cruelty, and good by evil."

Enraged When: The Metal doesn’t act as planned or he makes a mistake with it.

Happy When: The Metal listens, when a project is perfect.

+ F A M I L Y +
Father: Skjall Bjornstein (MIA)
Mother: Alice Bjornstein (Dead.)
Siblings: N/A

Spouse: Fjorlief Wilkstrom-Eldsvart
Children: One on the Way!

+ B A C K S T O R Y +

Weland lived a simple and normal life throughout his childhood, raised near the Norvagen capital of Stormhold, his father was a smith making mostly tools and everyday objects from the bits of metals he could salvage or get. His father, Skjall met a woman, a fiery young lass with a head of orange hair. She was a huntress from the western northern lands, outside of the isle of Avanor. Skjall enjoyed her company, and soon enough became more than a friend to her, he took her south to The Motto where they married privately in the great woods before the settlement. Alice was a follower of Theorda, and marrying in the woods seemed like the ideal place. Yet, Skjall and Alice put aside their religious differences and soon Alice came to be with child.

Unfortunately, Alice’s child born did not go as planned it was messy and hard on her, though she survived a few more days severely ill, she couldn’t summon the strength to survive, and soon passed holding her son close. His father Skjall took this shook as you would expect, after staying long enough and with the help of ours, weaved Weland off milk and started to travel with him to find work, going from encampment of sellswords, to large scale war camps in the southern regions, whatever paid well enough for money to go to the next one. As Weland grew into his teens, he picked up the hammer as well, and started to aid in his father’s work around the camps. Skjall disappeared on the eve of Weland’s 16th birthday, leaving him to work for himself and find pay. He made an impression with a lording cousin and was taken into his home as the house smith.

Though the lessons bored Weland, he enjoyed living under the roof with Lord Castain. He learned skills with the hammer and was even provided metals he’d never seen and made of quality a war camp simply couldn’t afford. But, he found something else in that settlement, Lord Castain’s daughter. The two grew close to one another, became friends and often spend most of their days together skipping classes or events. This caused the servants to start rumors about their relations, and the fury of Lord Castain’s was released. He roared out, commanded Weland be whipped and than send off, ordering Weland return to his people in the north...

+ S K I L L S +

+Blacksmithing: Been taught by his father, and then later by a lording cousin’s housesmith, he moved from warcamp to warcamp with the two learning all he could, most commonly with repairs and crafting horseshoes.

+Reading/Writting:[/i] Once entering the Lord’s home as a student under his blacksmith, Weland was taught how to write and read letters and numbers fairly well, He was noted as being very skilled with writing, yet his master didn’t allow him to further his knowledge of such.

+Leathercrafting: Goes with the blacksmithing, knowing only the basics for wrapping sword hilts and patching saddles and aiding in the craft of staddles and reins.

+Arts (Drawing + Painting): Weland was taken into the home of a Lord, and once there he met a the daughter of the Lord, who introduced him to the arts, painting and drawing but due to them becoming friends and attempts at romance, the lord forbid them see each other and furthermore had him flogged. After such events, his master forbid him from doing any form of art, so this skill is kept to himself and then departed from the manor on Lord Castien's orders.

+Woodworking: Same as leatherworking, only the basics for making sword hilts.

+ G O A L S +

Find a new Blacksmith shop to work in.
Try to get back into Hunting [x]
Have some damned Smoked Salmon [x]
Settle?
Help her feel better
Create the perfect sword with Fjorlief

+ M A J O R E V E N T S +

+His birth, born happily to Skjall and Alice Bjornstein.
+ His mother’s Death
+Lord Castain taking him in, and introducing him to his household
+Being flogged and then released.
+Gaining Employement in the Myrneth Smith
+Given a home in the Myrneth Smith
+Finishing it
+
Marrying Fjorlief​

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
+ R E L A T I O NS +

Loved:
+Fjolief Eldsvart Wilkstrom+ (@Cukie1 ); The woman I have choosen to marry, I love her deeply and care for her well-being, she took me off the street and into a home and a place to work, but she also gave me family with the Eldsvarts, now the mother to my daughter, I couldn't be any happier with her.
+Unnamed Daughter; "The love of me' life.."
Respected:
+Leila/Wulfe (@Woolsey ); Respectable, and protective of my wife, I couldn't ask anymore of her.
+Jarl Freya Lonmar I (@Faelin ); I was a bit shocked about learning of her postion, I remember her father and half-brother well, I do not expect such a shock on my second day back.
+ William Eldsvart (@Paintballz ); Fjorlief's brother and overseer of Myrneth, seems like a good man.
Trusted:

Befriended:
+Kara Lofgren (@Woolsey ): William's wife, quiet woman, but is loving and caring to him, she also brews a mad ale and is a great mother to her son.

Liked:
+Paige (@Princess Wizard Laura ): She cares about Fjor, and deeply at that, and I respect her for that.

+ Thrud/Ullr: Asta's pups.. those two always seem to be together and playing, its lovely.​

+Fenrir: Asta's other pup, Tyr has seemed to grow close with him, but it seems those two just get into trouble together
+Jaxon (@Michcat ): Our helper at the smith, he is gaining knowledge quicker then I expected, I'm very happy to see his future work.

+Hammy (@CthulhuPeople ); Adorable.
Neutral:

Unsure of:

Wary of:

Afraid of:

Spooky Mages!
Disliked:
(@Elz ) Whoever broke into the vaults..

Hated:

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
+ U P D A T E S +
+ Relations, yes, my main character is on there :p
+ Fixed that spelling error @Niek Morenta
+ Added a better refence for his face.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Paint Character Update 1/3;

U P D A T E S:
+
Relations
+ Status
+ Goals
+ Important Events
+ Prized Possesions

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Paint Character Update 1/3'

U P D A T E S:
Fjor has given birth to a small baby girl. Her name shall be left until her Nardag, or when she is deemed healthy enough to survive.(Though the name has already been chosen out, and the parent may refer to her using her name) She and her husband will remain in Vallee until Wulfe gives notice.
@Woolsey @Paint
+ Daughter added to relations, as she has yet to have her Nardag, she will remain unnamed until then.
+Fjorlief Updated
+ Leila Updated
+ Hammy Updated