Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Where We Are Now

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Hi everyone.

It’s been a bit of a week, hasn’t it? No one really knowing what was going on, people seeming to capitalize on a perceived vacuum, and just general chaos as far as the established structure of the server was concerned. Some people were ecstatic, and some people scared. I did see a bit of brief panic…

I’m sorry for that.

It wasn’t my decision. I wasn’t informed of it until my own permission in-game (and on the forums) had been altered or removed. My friends and colleagues were understandably upset. I was upset. I had been trying very hard for several weeks to increase (among other things) the trust that everyone (staff and players alike) held for the folks running the server. I really mean the entire staff team, not just management. I felt like I wasn’t even back to where I had started. It was so disheartening.

But it is my responsibility to take us forward.

I have been made to understand the reasoning behind the action, and, while I probably would have had different methods, I believe that they were ultimately done with the best interests of the server at heart.

To that end, Cherbert has officially handed ownership of the server to me. The hosting and donations were transferred to my name this afternoon. In the spirit of what he was trying to do for the server, and out of respect for his long-standing and many contributions to HollowWorld (we wouldn’t have Altera if not for him, after all), I am giving staff an opportunity to sort out their desired organizational structure. Some staff may leave, particularly those who have felt much abused lately, but I have confidence that those who remain will be as determined as I am to make sure that this community remains strong and that the server continues running.

There may be a few hiccups as things get transitioned over, both technically and with the staff structure. But rest assured that my first priority – and that of the rest of staff’s – is and shall always remain the players. We are here to provide a high-quality roleplaying environment where you can make lasting friendships and explore a medieval fantasy world that you helped create. It will be our responsibility to provide some sort of continuity regardless of who chooses to stay with the staff team and who chooses to leave. Things might not stay the same, but we’re here to make sure they don’t fall apart.

I hope you will join us.

Yours,

Blair/Somnastra

Last edited:

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
Did u guys read that As I did, im a little Jumpy now, Looks like good frontiers ahed!

EDIT: also a wish of good luck :)

Last edited:

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Ok... not that this isn't ok, or anything, but this is a joke... right?

I'm totally fine with Som running the server, but... what?

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
She wouldn't have been picked for her service record as it is much shorter than others. However, If I had to pick a new server owner, it would be Som. She is fully competent, levelheaded(much more than me ;p), mature and above all, stable.

I just hope this newfound responsibility doesn't interfere with her studies. She has to take me to Mars one day.

skuller

Lord of Altera
So could I get something clarified? Is this like when Cherb handed over the ownership to Sally?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Much different, I was only given the server in title, I never had control over donations or the full running's of the physical server. Som has that though~

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
This is certainly something. I'm not sure how this sits with me. I probably will not elaborate on that thought.

overlord2304

Lord of Altera
Hi everyone.

To that end, Cherbert has officially handed ownership of the server to me. T

Blair/Somnastra
First of, Congratulations, second, how is this possible, didn't Cherb transfer server ownership to Sally, just abit confused how he can transfer ownership if he no longer has ownership, don't blame me if I just missed a ton, i've been out for a while.