Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Whitelist Application [Accepted - Jase]

1. What is your Minecraft username?
CorweenieTheJedi

2. How old are you?
20 (21 in 4 days)

3. What country are you from?
Canada.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using OOC knowledge to unfairly aid you in game. Ex: “hey man, orcs are raiding my house, can you hop online and help me?”
Powergaming is when you role play in a way that your character is untouchable. Ex: “well actually you don’t hit me because I do a triple backflip and cut you in half.”

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Ayda.

8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Corwin, I live with my boyfriend Tobin, and our cat Ash. I’m a 21 year old dude trying to figure out what adulting is, and I’m currently joining the Canadian Armed Forces, as a Marine Technician in the Royal Canadian Navy. I enjoy nerd culture, and I have watched Lord Of The Rings about 5 million times and can recite most scenes by heart. I play guitar and bass, and attempt to sing every once in a while. When life permits, I’m an actor, and I love being on stage in all kinds of plays, from musicals to Shakespeare. I can’t think of much else to write.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Not sure if this counts but I am a cosplayer when time permits. You can find me on instagram @corweenie.cosplay or on Facebook at Corweenie Cosplay.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I typed Role Play minecraft server into Google, and here I am.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
Benedict Hassenfort

Character Age:

Character Race:
Halfling

Appearance:
A hardy looking halfling, with strong calloused hands from being a farmer. He has brown hair and blue eyes. He is typically wearing his brown overalls, with a green button up shirt underneath. Benedict has more facial hair than most, often causing the kids to tease that his grandfather must have been a dwarf. He is shy of 4ft, and very muscle bound, seeing as though he spends all his time working on the farm, rather than lazing about.

Written Test!
Benedict never knew his father. His mother never liked talking about it, but she never told him that he was dead. From an early age, Benedict had just accepted this as a fact of life. He always wondering in the back of his mind if he’d ever get to meet him. Since he was old enough to walk, his mother showed him how to work the field. Benedict took a special liking to it, and was always eager to build up a sweat. Because of that, he was often seen as the farmer head in his village. As he got older, he would be brought to town meetings to advise on the agricultural needs of the town. He had a proper spot in his community, and enjoyed his life. As time went on, his mother got old, to the point where she couldn’t work in the fields anymore. As she got even older, her mind started to deteriorate. It hurt Benedict so much, seeing his dear mother going through that. He took care of her the best he could, but in the end, everyone drifts away. It was a warm summer’s evening, the town’s medicine worker told Benedict that her time was soon. She passed peacefully, surrounded by friends, and holding her son’s hand. Her final words however, were not as peaceful. As she felt the light fading, she pulled Benedict in close and whispered in his ear “your father’s name… is Thalen. Please do, what I could not…”, and as the words left her lips, she fluttered off to sleep. The celebration of life was joyous, remembering the good times, swapping stories of how the kids of the town would run through her fields and she’d go chasing after them. But after the celebration of life ended, and things started moving along, Benedict couldn’t stop thinking about what his mother said. He realized that he would never find peace, unless he find his father, and get some answers. He sold his farm, bought himself some adventuring gear from a travelling merchant, and set off into the world. He wasn’t sure what he was looking for, let alone where he should begin. He decided that the best thing to do would be to see where the road takes him. One foot after the other. He’s learned a lot over his limited time adventuring, and he’s starting to wonder if this was his destiny after all.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey! Thank you for your application to Hollowworld! Unfortunately, there are 2 small things that I am going to get you to fix before I can whitelist you.
  • Halflings cannot grow a beard. According to the lore -- "Facial hair can be grown to a small degree, but few halflings choose to." [here]
  • While your character can believe his grandfather was a dwarf, he cannot have any actual dwarf blood in him as per the lore - [here]. Halflings can only have children with other halflings. But if you understand that, then all good! I just wanted to clarify with you.
Other than that, really good job! Let me know when you make the appropriate changes by responding to this thread.

Hey! Thank you for your application to Hollowworld! Unfortunately, there are 2 small things that I am going to get you to fix before I can whitelist you.
  • Halflings cannot grow a beard. According to the lore -- "Facial hair can be grown to a small degree, but few halflings choose to." [here]
  • While your character can believe his grandfather was a dwarf, he cannot have any actual dwarf blood in him as per the lore - [here]. Halflings can only have children with other halflings. But if you understand that, then all good! I just wanted to clarify with you.
Other than that, really good job! Let me know when you make the appropriate changes by responding to this thread.
I was wondering if the facial hair would slip by ;P
I mostly just said that because the skin I have right now happens to be a halfling with a beard, but I can change it. No worries.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
I was wondering if the facial hair would slip by ;P
I mostly just said that because the skin I have right now happens to be a halfling with a beard, but I can change it. No worries.
Cool beans! Welcome to Hollowworld!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.