Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Whitelist application [Declined - Charybdis]

1. What is your Minecraft username?
PlumBanjo311978

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
US

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: using outside info to help your gaming
Powergaming: learning the rules inside and out to become the best

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jinny

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am a very creative person. i am also aisan. I get good marks. I cant write very well. i am an extreme introvert. my pet died a week ago.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Not really. im a builder, but not that good.

Character Name:
Volengaerd

Character Age:

Character Race:
Halfling: elf and human

Appearance:
Hair:black, eye:black skin: darkish pale

Written Test!
Hello friend, it's been a long journey, come 'n sit by the fire; I'll grab us a drink and then tell you my story...
I was raised in the lands of Valenwood, not that you would know of, it's a very small hamlet, located in the Southernmost region of the continent. My parents owned an inn, quite like this one, 'though it was by the sea, and the food was better. I grew up hearing the stories and rumors of travelers and drunk folk from all sort of exotic places while I was helping at the Inn, and whenever I wasn't I had to help Martha with the animals, or go hunting with John and my older brother.

I never got to meet my real parents, as far as I know they could be anywhere, or perhaps even dead. John, the innkeeper, told me a tall man with dark hair came on a stormy day to the Inn, leading a small group of people and carrying a baby in his arms; they asked for a meal and a place to stay the night, the following morning all that was left was the baby, a bag with plenty of gold, and a signed note from that man, which I still keep dearly. The crew of people that stayed the previous day where nowhere to be seen, and no one had a clue of where they headed. John and his wife, Martha, took care of me ever since, they already had a kid, and back then they didn't mind having another mouth to feed; I could tell that the money came in handy since soon enough they had two more babies. As much as I can tell, they have always been my true family. I was meant to stay at that Inn, helping them, but I couldn't bare the feeling of being trapped in that town, hearing the stories of the lives of greater men, living adventures and traveling the world, while I was stuck as an innkeeper. I told John and Martha I had to leave, but instead of giving me their blessing they told me to stay, that with the increase of the monsters's activity it was too dangerous nowadays, and because of it we received less people at our Inn. T'was true that I felt that something evil was moving closer, the family was suffering from the low amount of customers, and that made me decide to stay till things got better.

That same night my oldest brother came into my room and tossed me a bag with some gold that he kept from the tips at the Inn, and a sword he bought at the local blacksmith; he told me to take a ship, that same night, and live my life somewhere else in Altera, that Valenwood had become too small for me, and with me gone they would be a mouth less to feed, plus my other two siblings were already starting to help at the local business; he convinced me that they would be perfectly fine without me, and that I could be of most help if I made fortune elsewhere, for I wasn't born to be forever at the Inn. I did as he told me, leaving that same night, and as my father did before me, leaving a note behind for my family.
My brother took me to the ship that night, we promised to see each other again...

It's been months since that day, but now I finally made it here. It was a harsh trip, with storms and waves the size of a mountain. Maybe the gods were forgiving that day, or maybe it was something else, but somehow we made it here, and here we are, with our cups almost empty and the fire almost consumed... Maybe it's time for us to go to sleep, tomorrow will be another day.

Current Setting of the Server:

For days, it rained. The coasts were battered by bolstered waves, and the fields turned to lakes that could swallow a caravan. For some, it was an omen.

The evil promises came true. As the storms slipped back out to sea and the sun's auburn hues could again be seen rising over the horizon, something dark crept out from the cavern depths. A dangerous, and mysterious plague gripped Altera by ferocious surprise. At first, it was studied in quite isolation by academics, but soon it became clear that this was no mere curse of nature. Plague beasts, monstrous mutated abominations, stormed research facilities, escalating the situation into a full scale struggle. Across the lands, people became displaced from their homes as monster and plague altered their way of life.

The lands of Altera are poised in dire straits, but there is hope. The sun still shines, and opportunities for glory grow like tentative vines. All over, people are fighting, innovating and living in spite of the darkness below. Will you join them?

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hi, sorry for the wait, timezones and such. I'm having a look now at your application.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Your application has been denied for the following reasons:
  • Powegaming Definition: Your powergaming definition is incorrect, and it does not appear you read the rules very closely.
  • Character Race: We do not have half-races on Hollowworld, which is evident in our lore.
  • Written test: Most importantly, you shamelessly plagiarized another application {link}.
If you wish to reapply, please write Mandres a formal apology for trying to steal their creative work, and then you may submit another application in a week's time from your apology. If you have any questions or concerns about your denial, message me or a staff member.

We do not appreciate thieves, especially as a server that has a strong creative community.