Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Wicedale's Application[Declined-Ayda]

Wicedale

Villager
About Me!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Statement

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Sweden

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
I've read King's Law and Tome of Citizenship. Skimmed through the links within to get the gist of acceptable behaviour.

Didn't find the Official Lore in the Survival Guide and I confess I didn't read all before venturing on to solidify my anchor to your website, to keep me from slipping away cause of hassle.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is allowing your character to act with information that should not have been obtained through normal roleplay.

Powergaming is either like poweremoting your way through interactions with other roleplayers or powergrinding to max out stats or equipment.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

No. King's Law §11 states it is not allowed.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

I don't know of your mentors, sorry. They don't seem listed.

8. Tell us about yourself!
Big heart. A little nutty/artistic/insane/call-it-what-you-want. Love getting lost in alternative worlds. Enjoy music videos. No particular music taste, Jazz, Power Metal, Ambient, Psytrance, all kinds. Programming since yay tall (C/C++/C#/Java/more...). I play Rocket League, Diablo 2 & 3, Escape from Tarkov. A mixed taste for games but those are some games that stand out that I play more than others. Worked in the games industry since 2008 but have been relaxing a bit since 2014.

Roleplayed a long time ago on Ultima Online Shards where I also contributed with code, GM, lore and artwork for occasions. Unfortunately I feel a little under the weather recently so I pledge that you won't beg excessively for help with regards to those activities (It's ok to ask, just keep it at a minimum)

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I was part of the founders of Ludosity. Been working at Unity Technologies as a Developer Relations Engineer. Basically a fancy title for tech support, but during a "ninja-camp" I helped draft together an extension to the Unity Editor. Have some music at soundcloud and some doodles at deviantart. Finally I have some old images for characters I've done in the past at photobucket.

http://ludosity.com/library/bob-came-in-pieces/
https://blogs.unity3d.com/2012/09/07/property-drawers-in-unity-4/
https://soundcloud.com/lasse-j-rvensivu
https://ambisequence.deviantart.com/
http://s252.photobucket.com/user/devmelon/media/quastro.png.html?o=35
http://s252.photobucket.com/user/devmelon/media/quastro_happy.png.html?o=36
http://s252.photobucket.com/user/devmelon/media/hell_fire.png.html?o=37

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Um, of course someone referred me! The person who whitelists my application should have the reward! :)

No, but on a more honest note, I was just cruising around Minecraft server listings for a roleplaying server. I am somewhat picky but your server made an impression that stood out as being oriented around roleplay in a manner that appealed to me.

About My Character!

Character Name:
Henric Wicedale

Character Age:
17, or thereabouts.

Character Race:
Human (I haven't looked at your playable races, I just assume that Human is an option)

Appearance:
Meek frame, just outside the definition of slender. Expressive, modest but decorative attire that holds up his soft, gentle dust-powedered face. Silk-striped light-blonde hair, about two palms length, cast a furl of shade over his freckle-less forehead. Calm eyebrows lead down to sky-blue eyes with a bright yellow corona caressing his pupils.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Wish I had an applicable skin at the moment, but fret not, I'll find or make one)

Written Test!
'Henric!', an elderly man yelled from beyond the large, two story farm home. Summer winds gently swept the young boys shins as he stood in the yard facing away from the protective building. Henric's unfinished book rested on the lowest branch of the apple tree his fathers friend Ulrich helped plant since before Henric could remember himself.

'Henric', said the man as he came walking around the north-east corner of their dwelling. 'Your mother needs your help in the kitchen. Supper's desire to meet your old man is making itself known through the rumbling of my tummy. Let yourself run along and I can finish the chapter we were writing.'

Henric turned around to face his father ambling toward him and the apple tree. The eastern wall with its front porch lay in shadow as the day was drawing toward its closure. Father broke contrast as he walked in the sun, casting a bright silhouette against the scenery. Through the window, movement could be spotted near the kitchen as mother most likely was rummaging about with her pots and her roots.

'Pa, if I only had all the time in the world to tell you what I see in your march toward me', Henric expressed as poetically as he could while gazing toward the old figure. 'Your will be done, mine shall come.'

'Yes, yes', the elderly man said, pausing for a while. 'I know you want to see the world as told so many times through different tounges and perspectives that have widened you', he continued. 'Never forget that you always have something new to learn', he lingered before continuing his stroll. 'You may feel ready for the world... Do you really think the world feel ready for you, hmm?'

Henric paused for a moment to reflect, then galloped merrily toward the shade and into the home.

'They grow up too fast', the man said to himself as he reached for the book. He nodded to himself and looked down, burrowing his expression. 'Way too fast...'

Plea:

I wouldn't mind getting some help aligning my story or place of departure to match existing lore to an acceptable degree. I always find it daunting joining a community which already have vast backstories in place. Help me fit in and I shall do my best to continue from there :)

Last edited:

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
Oh my god, this backstory is amazing. I love your outside work after taking a few looks into it, and it certainly looks like you're an interesting fellow. I love the flavor texts in your backstory and generally outside of the backstory itself, yet you probably guessed the attention to lore and rules are important.

Official Lore -- There's all of it.
Server Races -- And there's the races, and yes, Humans are available for play. Now if you do want a place to start off, a specific name for a town, Storm's Landing is the beginning area and its tavern always seems to be buzzing with activity when people are online. It's a huge place of many populace, there's a poor district, middle-class district, and a Wealthy-district. Some background information is that Opium has been spreading through there.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart

I'm very sorry, but I must decline your application for inactivity.

You are perfectly free to re-apply however! Thank you for your time!​