Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Inactive [WIP/testing] Beatrice - The odd child

SpartanDory

Lord of Altera
Jewelry: Glasses
Just to mention, last time I checked in altera we don't have glasses persey, there is nothing stopping you from wearing them as jewelry, but the don't change anything like short or far sightedness. just thought I would let you know

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
Just to mention, last time I checked in altera we don't have glasses persey, there is nothing stopping you from wearing them as jewelry, but the don't change anything like short or far sightedness. just thought I would let you know
So glasses can't be used to correct vision? I didn't think glasses had to be approved by the lore...

SpartanDory

Lord of Altera
So glasses can't be used to correct vision? I didn't think glasses had to be approved by the lore...
From what ive been told the reason we don't have any sort of vision enhancing glass is to avoid things like binoculars and telescopes becoming real so that we don't advance too far technologically. but thats just what I heard, for true facts you would have to ask Faelin

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
From what ive been told the reason we don't have any sort of vision enhancing glass is to avoid things like binoculars and telescopes becoming real so that we don't advance too far technologically. but thats just what I heard, for true facts you would have to ask Faelin
I guess I can understand that. However, and I'm not trying to have a thread argument, the glasses wouldn't be enhancing her sight more than that of a normal elf. It would fix problems in her vision, not make it ultra good. But that's my opinion. Faelin, it's up to you. :heart:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Sadly, SpartanDory is right, we don't have the technology to warp glass as an effective means of correcting vision either. If she wears the glasses, it has to be purely cosmetic. I look forward to seeing her in game, though.

Edit: I can delete this, if you wish, just wanted to clarify the doubt. The debate has come up in the past, all with the same result. Again, I can delete this comment, if you don't want it here.

Last edited:

Spirit

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
PudsNull
PudsNull
Legend
*Achievement unlocked: Get two of Pudding's Characters added to the disfavored individuals list*