Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

WiselyWisp's Application [Approved - Niko]

WiselyWisp

Villager
About Me !

1. What is your Minecraft username?
WiselyWisp

2. How old are you?
I'm 18 years old

3. What country are you from?
Denmark

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes I have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and power gaming?
Metagaming is where you use real-life knowledge, skills, and experience to your advantage in order to beat the game/ get higher in rank, Power Gaming is forcing other people to comply with what you do in the roleplay; also, having a severely overpowered character

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No of cause not

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

223hero7 (223Hero7)
Cukie1 (Cukie1, Fjor_Wilkstrom)
Snerus (Snerus)
Squidziod (Squidziod, DoolinDesperado)
Paint (ShadowAdmin, DougDimmmadome)
Niko (SirNicholas14)

8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Daniel as you know I'm 18 years old and I'm from Denmark.
I really like play Indie Games and RPG games such as "World of Warcraft, Move or Die, The Binding of Isaac, Castle Crashers, and The Escapist". I also like to hang out with my friends at our local Hack and Slash which is if you don't know a Card and board game store.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No sorry.
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Yes, my friends asked me if I wanted to play with them on the server.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
Height: 4ft
Equipment: a buckler shield fitted with a makeshift enarmes so that the tiny Halfing can use it as a proper shield, a dagger which is equivalent to a short sword due to size, a pouch fastened to his hip full of walnut-sized stone and a bag on his back to carry rope, and other survival necessities like flint and steel in addition an oversized cloak which can be used as a sleeping bag.

Character Name:
Talimor Yepter

Character Age:

Character Race:
I choose Halfling

Appearance:
I have Brown hair, white skin, brown eyes and an old leather jacket

Written Test!

I lived in a small village near a lake, where I owned a little tavern with my two best friends (a dwarf named Frerin and a human named Garrett.) One day a strange old drunk man came to us and told us that his village was under attack from bandits, and he needed help from someone who strong and brave who was up for the task. We could not decide if we should believe him or not since he was drunk, Frerin suddenly announced that we were up for the task. Garret and I looked at each other and decided to agree with Frerin. So, we packed our stuff and began our trip to the old man’s village. On the way we meet a young woman who asked us where we were going, we told we told her that we were on our way to the old man's village, she looked at us like we were crazy and told us that the bandits weren't to be messed with and that we would at least we some new weapons, she told us that there a blacksmith nearby where we could buy some new weapons.

After a bit of a walk, we finally arrived the blacksmith who was more than happy to help get some better weapons after we told what we needed them for. After saying goodbye to the blacksmith, we went back on the road and after a while we finally arrived at the village where we were stopped by some bandits that told us that if we wanted to enter the city we had to pay them 15 Radiants each which we did, afterwards Garret told them that he would come back for his money. After finally getting into the village we decided to find the bandit leader, which was easy since he stayed in the only building surrounded by bandits, after 10 minutes we finally convinced the bandit guards to let us in. The Bandit leader was a surprisingly young dwarf, who seem really experienced at the young age. We walked up to him which he seems quite surprised by. We asked him was so kind to leave the village, which he surprise, surprise answered with no. We told him that it wouldn't leave the village, can we then make a deal, we will give you 200 Radiants and you leave this village alone he responded to by saying ok then we will leave this village alone. About an hour later all bandits were gone, and the same old man who told us about the bandits came up to us and told us that he was the mayor of the village and that they would celebrate that they got the village back by throwing us a party.

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hello there. Thank you for taking the time and effort to make an application to Hollowworld. Before we continue there are some issues with your application that need to be addressed.

- Your powergaming definition is a bit vague. I suggest reading through the Roleplay Survival Guide which contains our server's definition along with several examples.

- There are many spelling and grammar errors within your written test. If you can, fix them to the best of your ability (I understand that you're a non-native speaker so try your best, my parents were when they emigrated to the States).

Once again, thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to our server. I look forward to reading your application once more.

WiselyWisp

Villager
Hey so I checked my test by using Grammarly before i posted it and it couldn't find any errors in the text, so if you would be so kind to point about what you mean by spelling and grammar errors that would be great.

Lucas jensen

Villager
Hey so I checked my test by using Grammarly before i posted it and it couldn't find any errors in the text, so if you would be so kind to point about what you mean by spelling and grammar errors that would be great.
Because I am your friend and I know grammar errors aren't Nikos job so I have taken some screenshots of the errors Word and Grammarly could find.

This is words grammar help:

upload_2017-12-11_21-13-26.png

This is Grammarly help:

upload_2017-12-11_21-13-53.png

PS. love your work Niko :D

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
For example the clause, "and he needed help from someone who strong and brave who was up for the task." lacks a helping verb between the relative pronoun, who, and the adjective, strong. Also, using "who" twice is redundant and the conjunction "and" should be placed between "brave" and "up for the task". The phrase immediately after that is a sentence fragment as the first word is not capitalized and a sentence cannot be begun with a past tense verb in the perfect active form. In many parts of the test, words are missing such as in, ", she told us that there a blacksmith" which lacks a helping verb, "we finally arrived the blacksmith" which lacks a preposition, and, "We asked him was so kind to leave the village" which also lacks a preposition. This is some of the errors I found. Typically I refrain from using software such as Grammarly because it often doesn't work as expected. I hope that this clarified what I was referencing.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Thank you for making edits to your test. It is a great improvement thus far, but you still need to expand on your powergaming definition. I suggest rereading the Roleplay Survival guide and scrolling down to the section that contains specific examples of what powergaming looks like in roleplay and our server's definition.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Unfortunately that is still not the definition we are looking for. We are looking for a definition that focuses more on interactions between two characters rather than an overarching story or plot. Below I have an example of powergaming between two players from the Roleplay Survival Guide. I would like you to derive a definition of Powergaming from this example I have quoted, but make sure it relates to an interaction between two players.

Examples of Power-Gaming:

Having imaginary guards/followers/friends that protect or give information to you is a form of power-gaming (And Meta-gaming in some cases)

Using "Power" phrases, *He bashed his shield forward, flinging [Name's] sword away from them, into the grass*. This removes the other players choice of what would happen when the power-gamer thrusts his shield forward.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
ignis_clap_by_cukie1-da5rcqb.gif
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.