Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[World Edit] Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Steps:
Only the Region Owner can request a port within their town.

Once requested, a staff member will inspect the request (Evaluate town, structure that requests the lift, how much the lift/boat/whatever is required for the town to genuinely function).

Staff member gives approval, the Region owner must hire workers to build the lift/boat (To give an RP reason for its existence) OTHERWISE, the fee is incurred.

Once the project is complete, and the staff deem it acceptable the port is created and all is good-

Prices:
1st: Free
2nd: 5k
3rd: 10k
(maximum of 3)

Logic:
If the build can have stairs or a pathway and is not limited by the natural shape of the terrain or level, then a port is not reasonable. Ports are not to be abused or built "Because they can." They must have a reason and purpose, having a lift simply for convenience is discouraged.

Boat ports:
If boats are crafted on both sides of where they are needed to go and where they start, then a port can be added for free. (Example, Thiil) However, there MUST be a reason for the port. Acceptable reasons are: Secret region, unreasonable area to place a bridge.

There can only be one boat port per region. The number of regions within a cluster does not increase this amount as it is still considered one region.

More:
Boats need to be immersive for the length they are traveling. River boats would be small and slender, mostly relying on oars more than wind (and.. of course, would only travel along a river), those traveling a long distance (and over the ocean) would require much more space, sturdier structure and overall well equipped to travel during typical Alteran storms.

[Everything should be in here and if there's any details missing then feel free to ask.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
And here I am with my idea for the same principle, but instead of a ship/boat using a carriage
@IceandFire @Niah Yup talking about the carriage of you guys

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I'd like to request a port, Myrneth (Myvard is the region name) Had a ferry at the docks to Stormhold, I moved the ferry to better location I was wondering if it could be switched/moved over to the new ferry? Its the same ferry just moved (The old one will be destroyed once the port is moved)

Old Ferry:

New Ferry:

Stormhold Ferry (For Refence and Science!)

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Requesting a linked boat port for muh region. Coordinates and image of the boat below:

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I need a kayak going from Helka'Taime to Fort Oren
Reason: Needs to be connected to a place with a(n upcoming) Dockmaster so it will actually be accessible.
I was given the "Okay" by Archbishop

Helka'Taime Kayak Location:
Screenshot (3).png

Fort Oren Kayak Location:
Screenshot (4).png

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I need a kayak going from Helka'Taime to Fort Oren
Reason: Needs to be connected to a place with a(n upcoming) Dockmaster so it will actually be accessible.
I was given the "Okay" by Archbishop

Helka'Taime Kayak Location:
View attachment 72341

Fort Oren Kayak Location:
View attachment 72342

I poked staff peeps and they mentioned the boat should be a little bit bigger/thicker. Fix it to be a 1-2 blocks wider and longer and I'll set up ports

Status
Not open for further replies.