Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

World of Altera Resource Pack(s)

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
woarsbanner.jpg

World of Altera Resource Packs

http://tdu.me/hwtexture | http://tdu.me/hwmusic
The main texture resource pack | The optional music resource pack

One or two people may have muttered something about wanting the Hollowworld Resource Pack updating... I have recently spent days, hours, literally minutes tweaking the old version of the resource pack and am proud to inform everyone that I have finally updated the name!! (and a few other things took a bit longer*)

Ok I can't fool anyone, more than just the name has changed. As you can see with the two links above there are now two packs. The main pack has all the textures in just like the old texture packs but now includes all the shiny new things like stained glass, red sand and erm a few flowers. Some of the textures have been reverted to those from older versions of the pack as they were sourced from places they should not be. I think we are safe and clear now but if anyone spots a texture from the Conquest pack or something I didn't recognise then please do inform me so I can push out an update with the specified image changed.

The second pack linked above has the lovely music from the previous version of the resource pack so find a jukebox, sit down and enjoy! Many thanks to Mady for finding these pieces of music, they really are wonderful. The music is in a separate pack so that people can choose to use the textures but not the music, or use the music and another texture pack (boo, hiss!) or even use both (hint hint, nudge, do this!). Plenty of choice for everyone as I know some people wanted the music in the last pack and others didn't. Splitting the music into it's own resource pack also has another advantage in that when the textures inevitably need updating, you guys and girls don't need to keep downloading the same 25MB of music each time and visa versa! Plus, if anyone wants to add more custom sounds or music then we can provide separate updates for the music pack.

I hope everyone enjoys the update and feel free to comment or make suggestions on changes but please, constructive comments only or I will have to squash you or something...

- Boulder​

Last edited:

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BOULDER I LOOOVE YOOOOOOU

YESSSSSSSSSSS

Seriously, you da beessss.

-K9

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Be still my heart. I had missed this texture pack in the bit I've been gone.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I got something really teeny bit small, don't really care but maybe you can also do it when you find a bigger bug: Darkwood is now lighter than spruce

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Oh... one question...
Is it only for me that the grass is grey/whiteish-
I don't know if it's a bug or on purpose... The chunk is plains by the way ^^

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
awesome job boulder!
Only thing i missed is the wood in the light grey blocks:
Do you mean this texture? Should still be in there.. unless it's another block you are thinking of :p
greywool.jpg

I got something really teeny bit small, don't really care but maybe you can also do it when you find a bigger bug: Darkwood is now lighter than spruce
Yeah that was done on purpose, spruce is already very dark so making a log even darker wasn't strictly needed. I decided to interpret the name "Dark Oak" just to mean a darker shade of oak log, not something that is meant to be darker than everything else. Ok the colours are strictly representing their real world counterparts but I thought a log in between oak and spruce would be more useful. Can always be changed though... :D

Oh... one question...
Is it only for me that the grass is grey/whiteish-
I don't know if it's a bug or on purpose... The chunk is plains by the way ^^
Someone else had this issue last night, they messed with some settings and fixed it apparently.. I wasn't paying too much attention sorry! :p

To everyone who player loved or staff loved that first post... *faints from all the loving* :D

- Boulder

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
There seems to be a small bug, when I open / close an iron door, the texture shows its still closed :/

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
What doesn't work (for me)

Grass texture is all white - no matter which biome
No connected textures

Used to patch MC: MCPatcher (Due to the absence of optifine)

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
@Piratep00f I doubt the iron door problem you are having could be a resource pack bug as there are not different textures depending on door state... There are only two textures per door, one for the lower half and one for the upper half so as far as the pack is concerned it doesn't matter if a door is open or closed :p

@DraconDarknight I don't use MCPatcher since Optifine is available, so maybe you can do a bit of googling for me :p
Though there does seem to be one cause for connected textures not working when using multiple packs though. Try moving the pack(s) up and down the list of active resource packs so that the pack with the connected textures in is at the bottom. i.e Music pack on top, texture pack in the middle and "Default" at the bottom as you can't move that one. If you are only using the texture pack then blame MCPatcher :D

- Boulder

Alex Leach

Villager
I've got the texture pack, but I'm a little confused as to how the sound pack works, I might have put it in the wrong area. How do i get the sound pack working?

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30
Not to necro an unneeded thread or anything, but is this thread updated to the latest version of the Hollowworld resource pack?