Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

WorldGuard and HollowNobility Update

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
HollowNobility and Worldguard have both updated to handle UUID's (Universally Unique Identifier) which will help immensely when name-changing becomes available in February.

HollowNobility was updated thanks to the awesome @ptiber who showed incredible patience with fixing every single bug for testing and re-testing.

So! This is why I've made the announcement. There's only so much I can test, and while it SEEMS like everything is working, we don't know something's broken unless we're told or find it ourselves.

So please report any bugs to this thread, and we'll look into it and hopefully fix it asap!

Bugs:

Pistons don't work!
- This is a problem with worldguard, if your pistons face the edge of a chunk they wont work.

Stables:

Horse recover/summon isn't working
- Need to confirm if fixed or not.

Old bugs
Brewery:
- Can't open Barrels
- Can't use the cauldron to brew
Should be fixed on next auto restart.

Flags:

Flags are set.. differently now. If you want to allow the USE flag (might change in the next update, will report if so) if will allow outsiders to open chests as well, to change this, use:
/region flag [region] chest-access -g nonmembers deny
/region flag [region] use allow

Outsiders can pull levers and open doors and push buttons, but now they can't open chests :D

Noble:

There might've been a slight bug with transferring noble titles. This will be fixed as soon as possible.

Noble commands aren't working!
- It'll work fine after restart, sorry for the trouble!

Last edited:

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
The barrel crisis of 2k15 has begun...
OT: Thank you! :D Seems the server is a bit faster (To me, anyways)

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
:heart::heart::heart::heart: Sally!

And there might be issues with regions flags.
If you find yourself unable to build, destroy, use doors or chests, don't worry, it's probably just a region flag issue !
If you know how to handle that, go ahead. If not, ask any staff member and we'd be happy to help you with that ! :)

EDIT : sniped >_>

EDIT 2 : And you'd better check for tnt flag too... I found it to be allowed in my region... you never know :D

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Update a bit on flags!
It's important~ if you have use set to allow, make sure to make chest-access set to only members!
How do I set them to region members only? I only get none/allow/deny
I'm currently unable to access any of my chests, building works fine though.

I only know that members were excluded from the deny flag anyway in the past :/

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff

If I'm not mistaken, you use /region flag [region] [flag] -g nonmembers deny to deny the use of a flag to non-members.
Sooo consider putting chest-access flag to allow, then chest-access for nonmembers to deny, and use flag to allow for everybody.
That way people will would be able to use doors and trapdoors, but not open chests.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera

I updated the worldguard version again last night and the flags should be set to work properly. Use /region info and see what flags you have set

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Bugs:

Pistons don't work!
- This is a problem with worldguard, if your pistons face the edge of a chunk they wont work.

Stables:

Horse recover/summon isn't working
- Need to confirm if fixed or not.
Updated!

Also ptiber fixed the bug with Noble houses not working, so it's A-Okay now :D

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Mmmh....? A bug with the map ? I just tried it and it seems it was working...?
yesturday I tried to look for someone's region so I could put a marker but the map was not displaying any. It worked thismorning

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Oh yeah- the map seems to glitch out when you move, regions disappear xD
It doesn't move with yer fellow, too- Change direction, that is :D

Everything is lovely, though :D

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Oh yeah- the map seems to glitch out when you move, regions disappear xD
It doesn't move with yer fellow, too- Change direction, that is :D

Everything is lovely, though :D
Yeaaaaah I've messed up things in there, will put things back to normal.
Although I don't know about disappearing things, I don't know how that's supposed to happen.....

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Yeaaaaah I've messed up things in there, will put things back to normal.
Although I don't know about disappearing things, I don't know how that's supposed to happen.....
Oh- the map empties out on the corners of regions, it might be worldguard being a butt-

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Mhh can't ignite things in my region ><.

/region info shows me that I stand in 2 different (overlapping oO) regions btw

winterguard_15296_2544 and winterguard

Could that be why things don't work? Or is there a flag that allows us to put on fire now that got deactivated ?

No idea what is wrong... I could still set things on fire it a few hours/a day after the update, but now it just tells me that I can't set things on fire...

Last edited:

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Mhh can't ignite things in my region ><.

/region info shows me that I stand in 2 different (overlapping oO) regions btw

winterguard_15296_2544 and winterguard

Could that be why things don't work? Or is there a flag that allows us to put on fire now that got deactivated ?

No idea what is wrong... I could still set things on fire it a few hours/a day after the update, but now it just tells me that I can't set things on fire...
Bahahaha this was my fault. I found that the lighter flag was on allow in the global region and I thought this was maybe bad... But apparently it was for a reason :D
Turned it back to allow, should work now :)

And overlapping regions are normal, each plot is a children region of the "main" Nobility region :)

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Bahahaha this was my fault. I found that the lighter flag was on allow in the global region and I thought this was maybe bad... But apparently it was for a reason :D
Turned it back to allow, should work now :)

And overlapping regions are normal, each plot is a children region of the "main" Nobility region :)
Ok :D