Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

xAzoasis' Whitelist Application [Approved - Charybdis]

Azoasis

Villager
xAzoasis
xAzoasis
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
xAzoasis.

2. How old are you?
I'm sixteen. ^-^

3. What country are you from?
Born and raised in the United States.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have, yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is essentially akin to if you were to walk into an exam, pull out your phone, and write down all of the answers. When you pull information from the world outside of roleplay- such as something somebody told you over discord, something from a thread on the forums, or something you unfairly overheard on the server- and use it during RP, it is considered metagaming.

Powergaming is similar, but a different idea. Again, if you were to walk into an exam and write a '100' on the top of your paper, it would essentially be like powergaming. When you force an action upon somebody else's character, the environment, or an NPC in your favor or against it, it is considered powergaming. You couldn't just claim that you decapitated your opponent in an instant with your suddenly-all-powerful greatsword.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, absolutely not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Charybdis.

8. Tell us about yourself!
Well, hello there, for a start. I'm Azoasis, or just Azzy for short, and I'm a ranching kid living down here in the southern United States. I have an incredible passion for animals, mainly large ones like horses and cattle, and I greatly enjoy academic things and the like. I do a lot of creative writing, drawing, sketches- things like that. Though I'm a little on the timid side when I don't have the wall of sorts of the internet, I'd like to think that I'm pretty nice. My favorite color is blue, favorite season is fall, and I absolutely adore horses. I ~love~ music and can play some guitar and a bit of piano. I mainly listen to alternative-type bands like Panic! At The Disco, Fallout Boy, as well as bands like Imagine Dragons. I look forward to befriending everyone on the server!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Unfortunately, no. All of the drawings I currently have are under a separate alias and I'd rather not bother with changing it! :heart:

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No, I wasn't referred. I actually just found this server by searching on Google for a nice roleplaying server.

~~~

Character Name:
Callum James Belthorne.

Character Age:
He's nearing the age of twenty-three- still a young man.

Character Race:
Human.

Appearance:
Standing at 6'0 and weighing 178 pounds, Cal is a springy young man with many a muscle built from his time on ships. The first thing that one might notice about Cal is the rather dark, tainted skin covering the left side of his face and trailing down across his neck, shoulder, and chest, continuing to the left side. He tends to hide the more severe parts of the scars beneath clothing, though he doesn't bother with the inevitably visible areas. His hair is a dull, chestnut-blonde, and has grown a little shaggy. It appears as if he keeps it trimmed with a knife- the cut isn't exactly even. His eyes, a deep sapphire blue, somewhat distract the gaze from the scar. Typically, Cal will wear light-weighted clothing, his shirts often long-sleeved and worked until the hems are worn away. He always sports deep brown working gloves, with a loose belt tied at his waist. Typically, he keeps matching pants and boots on, to keep things simple. Seen in his waistband is an ever so slight edge jutting out from beneath his shirt- he keeps his hunting knife on him at all times, though that is the only thing, aside from a very small pouch tied as well into his belt to store his valuables and small items.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
View attachment 96315

Written Test!
Red skies in morning- sailor's warning. Red skies at night- sailor's delight.

The men of the Rusty Pearl were fully aware of Mother Nature's warning to not venture out that day, but they were reckless and did so anyways. As Callum watched the waves fold over on top of scraps of boats that had already been demolished by the storm, his blue hues wandered to the sky. He leaned against the edge of the steadily-rocking Pearl, searching the ominous skies for any sign that the crew might be able to pass through the storm unscathed. Sunlight peeked out from behind nearly black clouds- a sign of hope. A dreary one, but still a sign.

“Cal! Quit slackin’ and help the boys!” His father bellowed, having to shout in order for his voice to reach above the slowly rising winds. Cal was still young- just a boy, likely no older than perhaps fourteen or fifteen. His body was still thin, under-muscled, unable to really do much in the face of anything that even slightly overpower him.

“Yes, pa.” He answered. Turning around, not without a roll of his eyes, he picked up his pace, jogging to the main mast and going straight to work. He slipped his gloves on and took a feeble hold of the ropes, although a hold nonetheless, pulling and tugging and struggling to adjust the sails with the rest of the men. Something, however, had caught his eye.

Far in the distance, a faint light gleamed, a stark contrast to the incredibly dark storm clouds behind whatever it was. His grip faltered, and quickly, his hands just fell right off of the rope. Cal’s feet led him to the edge of the ship against his will, eyes glued to a figure that had begun to peek out through the heavy fog and rain. He squinted his sapphire hues, trying to make out the form. The rest of the men hardly noticed the absence of his presence. When the light got just a little closer, though, he realized exactly what was heading right towards the Pearl with the help of the storm.

“Pa.” Callum whispered, clearing his throat, his voice cracking to a higher pitch. “Pa!” He shouted, desperate eyes finding his father. One shaky hand pointed at the figure. “Pirates!” His father shook his head. “Well, we’ll just work quicker. They’ll just lose us in..” The burly man trailed off as he looked back to the storm, shaking his head again. “Double-time, men!”

The wind had begun to come in bursts, stronger and stronger, until the work of the men and the sails could do nothing against Mother Nature. Thunder boomed, its powerful vibrations shaking a warning into the very hearts of the crew. Cal could feel the terror in his still-childish mind, but he tried his hardest to suppress it- he was still a boy. He needed to impress his pa with everything he had.

The next hour was absolute hell for Callum, and he was sure it was for the other men, too. The lightning struck closer and closer with each powerful, terrifying boom, until finally, it crashed into the back of the ship. This time, Cal wasn’t afraid to scream- and neither were the other crew. Their voices were just drowned out by the thunder, the pounding rain, and now, the sound of flames when the entire crew hit the deck.

Cal’s sight was lit up with red and yellow as soon as he opened his eyes. It took him a few precious, precious seconds to identify the searing pain that erupted from most of the left side of his body. Fire licked the pine boards of the ship, and the smell of burning everything filled Cal’s nose. He panicked, rolling around, patting at his arm and leg, furiously rubbing at his face. Everything in the boy’s body burned, and for good reason- he’d been sent crashing back into the newly-burning section of the ship at the impact of the lightning.

He didn’t bother moving- in fact, he didn’t move for quite a while, and he was mostly sure that he couldn’t think for a very long time. Cal was vaguely aware of the sounds of men rushing to put out the flames, and when the smell of burnt wood and flesh faded, he was aware of that, too.

After what seemed like years, he opened his right eye, the edges of his left being in far too much pain to move. The sight of the sky that he was greeted with comforted him- day was fading into evening, and evening to night. Painted across the sky was a brilliant plethora of orange, red, pink, yellow, and he could’ve sworn he saw purple. Not but a few meters away laid his father, staring up at the sky, as well.

Weakly, Cal croaked out, “Pa..” His father’s gaze fell to Cal as the burned boy shakily gestured to the sky. “Red… red skies at night, sailor’s-” He paused to cough out some ash that clogged up his lungs. “- sailor’s delight..”

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+