Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

YouKnowItsJuno's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Juno_Ax

Lord of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
YouKnowItsJuno

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information you learned out of character while you are in character. For example, you respond to someone with their name even though you haven’t asked them for it yet (even when clearly displayed when they talk in the chat). Powergaming is roleplaying in such a way that others who roleplay with you do not have a chance to emote for themselves or where someone does it for them. For example, I might be in a fight with someone and say, “Vibiana slices the man’s throat.” instead of “Vibiana attempts to strike the man in the throat.” (Sorry for the graphic example…)

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cukie1 (hey girl!)

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a returning player. It's been a while, I used to play Alyss Greyson and Joanna Westergard. A lot of the people here should remember me. I've been away because I've been focusing on things IRL, but now there's kind of a lull in my life and I miss the roleplay.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Not really... I don't have any recent stuff.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
As I said, I'm a returning member.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Vibiana Herennia

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human (Asrakosian)

Appearance:
Short, blonde cropped hair, piercing blue eyes, pale skin, wiry build. Initially seen wearing simple breeches and shirt, but later would be wearing something a bit more elaborate when she rejoins her family in Astrakhan.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

On the ocean, amidst rolling waves under a boiling sun, a girl sat in a small sailboat. For as far as the eye could see, there was nothing but blue - one would not be able to tell where water met sky. She laid back on the bottom of the boat and closed her eyes - she could swear she was going to go blind from the sun reflecting off the waves. She saw red behind her eyelids and threw an arm over her face to further block the sun. She sucked in a breath - her skin was sunburned and raw from salt water and a bolt of pain coursed through her arm and face. There was no relief.

As usual since she got stuck at sea, the girl faded in and out of sleep. There was not much to keep her occupied these days. Her thoughts strayed to Iskron... the revolt... her family fleeing... Her memories jumbled together until she set her thoughts on the day that her life changed forever.

--------​

She had been fifteen then. She remembered being with her cousin Tacita in the gardens when her brother, Antonides, ran out to warn them - they had to flee. Things had been bad for a while - the girl's house, Herenii, had been the subject of many heinous rumors put in place by their enemies since their attempt to revolt, and dissent spread throughout the people. They never thought it would mean fleeing their home to escape extremists and those thirsty for their blood.

Grabbing her cousin's hand, the girl ran out of the garden after her brother. They took the back door out of their large estate and cut into the streets, keeping their faces down. There was panic in the streets - houses were being burned, carts and stalls were being overturned, women and children screamed as husbands and fathers were cut down by armored men. Images no young girl should see flashed before her eyes as they fled.

Panic spread through her body as she realized she couldn't see her brother anymore. She lost him in the crowd. She gripped Tacita's hand harder, desperate not to lose her too. All too soon, a rogue bull charged through the streets - it knocked people out of its way as it went - and the girls dove in different directions to avoid being run down. To her dismay, the girl looked up at the faces of her enemies. They grabbed her by each of her arms and drug her away - she didn't even see where her dear cousin went. She could only hope she was safer than she.

They carried her to the arena. For hours, she endured their abuse - name calling, spitting, slaps and punches... they even cut off her long, blonde hair. She could not help herself - as much as she did not want to let them see her cry, she couldn't hold back her tears. They made her wear a dirty tunic and strapped on a helmet that was way too big for her, a small seax, and a wooden shield. Then they marched her out onto the sand.

The roar of the crowd was deafening. She scanned the arena and the stands for her family and was both relieved and dismayed that they were not present. She was pushed out into the middle of the oval-shaped arena, feeling the most vulnerable she had ever felt in her life. Her heart sunk when an armored soldier - perhaps twice her age and size, clad in better armor and equipped with a better weapon than her own, advanced towards her. Her opponent.

Her heart fluttering in her chest now, the girl clung to the fighting lessons that her eldest brother, Theo had taught her and her brothers. Her form was sloppy, her vision swimming with tears and panic. Why was he not there to protect her? Where was her family?

I am going to die here.

The soldier advanced and she lost track of what she was doing. The fight was a blur - she reacted to each of his attacks and kept out of the way as best as she could. Before long, she was flat on her back - this was the end. She gasped for breath - the wind was knocked out of her - and for a second she looked up in the stands and saw the retreating head of her cousin Tacita. She had been there just long enough to see her demise. The girl's eyes flickered to her attacker, who stood over her with arms raised. He brought down the sword just as she used the last bit of her adrenaline and struck. She was not sure how, but the soldier howled in pain and gripped his calf - she had managed to slice it somehow. As quickly as she could, she raced for the door from whence she came. The stands roared this time again - but not in amusement or triumph, but with rage. She felt her muscles screaming for her to stop, but she pushed through it all and scanned for an exit. Her eyes landed on a boy about her age dressed in rags.

He motioned to her desperately, urging to come to him. She did and he opened a secret grate in the floor used for sewage and to drain away blood. She nodded her thanks - not a word passed between them, as much as she looked back and regretted it - and passed into the dark cavern. She splashed her way through, hand on slimy wall to guide her. She dry-heaved; the smell was rancid. Eventually, she saw a light at the end of the tunnel and raised her hand to shield against the harsh sun.

--------​

The sound of a seagull awakened her. She lowered her red, blistered arm and sat up, her body groaning in protest. She looked out at the sky, a hand over her eyes, and in the distance she saw a sliver of brown land. Land.

She did not know if her family was still out there; she had ran and hid herself in an old village for a while before she had to flee the the previous continent to avoid the hordes of the undead. Using a boat she had stolen from a forgotten dock, she managed to sail out on her own with the supplies she was able to snag from homes that were left forgotten by their panicked former occupants. She had been out on the sea for way too long and was coming to the last of her rations.

Finally, however, she would learn the truth about her family and build a new life in this land.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.