Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

YungLobster's Whitelist Application [Denied - Paint]

YungLobster

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
YungLobster
2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from?
The United States of America
4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guidesyet?
Yes
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: Using OOC knowledge to your character's advantage
Powergaming: Disregarding other players, story elements, and other details to progress.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Paint
8. Tell us about yourself!
Lately I have been on a HUGE D&D kick, I've made several characters and watched a bunch of D&D streams like Critical Role and Wafflecrew. As of music, I've been listening to a lot of R&B, 70s and 80s pop, and rock. Playing video games is pretty much my biggest hobby, but I do like to draw every now and then as well. I don't really consider it a hobby, but I take pictures of nature with my phone every now and then, mostly of the sky or trees. I did have a character on this server once before, but I only ran about the first town and have not played in a while, thus making me create this application!
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found this server by looking for roleplay servers on PlanetMinecraft
About Your Character!
Character Name:
Lorian Amelon
Character Age:
Character Race:
Silver Elf
Appearance:
Being a Silver Elf, Lorian has very pale skin, brown eyes, and silver hair.
Written Test!
Lorian Amelon lived a typical Elven life at home, he studied history, environmental and social sciences, and religion under his mother's supervision. His father left when he was young to travel and study foreign sciences, but was killed while traveling in forbidden territory. He went to university after his primary education was done and sought to study more profound subjects. But he had to leave to care for his mother when she fell ill to a mysterious disease. Weeks after she first contracted the disease, Lorian became frustrated that he could not help her get better. Lorian's mother then told him about her family's past, and how a witch had cursed her great-great-grandfather and his children with a fatal disease. Some survived by sacrificing their parent to the evil god, Skraag. Lorian's mother urged him to sacrifice her so that he would not contract the disease, but Lorian refused. Eventually, Lorian's mother convinced him to do it, allowing him to avoid the curse decades before he would have become a victim of the same fate. Lorian became frustrated and depressed, but one day, a travelling acolyte named Kolerus came to his hometown, and Lorian was chosen to be his protégé. After much discussion, he was convinced to drop out of his university and accepted the apprenticeship. He soon learned that there was an essential balance in the universe, and people like Lorian and Kolerus are needed to keep that balance. His childhood led him to become obsessed with learning new things, causing him to become dismissive and cynical of people that are not as driven towards knowledge as him. Eventually, Lorian left his hometown to follow in his father's footsteps and his quest for knowledge. But within the first week of his new life, Lorian found that he knew nothing about combat. He crept about the open roads, being cautious of anyone and anything. Eventually he stumbled upon a small village of blacksmiths. While his slender Elven body did not allow him to become invested in the smithing business, that did not stop him from becoming proficient in the ways of the sword and the bow with help from the local innkeeper, Havan. After completing his crash course in combat, Havan told Lorian of a land shrouded in mystery and controversy, a land called Altera. Lorian immediately left the town, seeking to reignite the flame that his father left ashen.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Heya YungLobster -

I've done my initial review of your application and I've made the following notes;

-Your definition of Powergaming is incorrect.
-We don't allow the use of magic within the written test.
-All skills must be at a beginner level, its like a RPG, you can't start on the server with mastered skills, in this case, swordsmanship and archery.
-Silver Elves don't actually have brown eyes, you can read the server lore for Silver Elves here; http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-silver-elves.30073/

Warm Regards;
-Paint